Re: Whats your favorite DVD in your horror collection?

Mine would have to be Carved: The Slit Mouthed Woman.  I haven't had it for long, but it is easily one of my favorites.

Last edited by vorwald2006 (2007-10-30 13:46:45)

The collector's edition of Dust Devil is my favourite for sure. The Synapse Films edition of Brain Damage is a close second.

My Limited edition tin box of "The Beyond" is the one DVD I would never give up.

But, also my Dawn of the Dead Ultimate edition, or Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2  books
of the dead.

Mine is definately the CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST- Grindhouse Deluxe Edition...Great Buy I LOVE IT!

Halloween (1978)

Hum! mine are  Lair of the White Worm, Razor Blade Smile and Burn Witch Burn. On VHS it would be Harold and Maude (not horror sorry) and Return of the Living Dead

HELL YESSS! I don't have it listed in my morguespace yet, but I just bought a copy of Flower of Flesh and Blood from the infamous Japanese "Guinea Pig" series from Unearthed Films. The one that got Charlie Sheen calling the FBI! I got the version with the uncensored front, which has never been sold in stores, only from select internet vendors. I guarantee this is my rarest buy in a long time, and definitely my best DVD purchase to date. I usually focus on old and OOP VHSs, but I'm looking into getting the rest of this particular series now.

Last edited by horrormonger (2007-11-14 02:06:23)

My Horror Video Favorite?
http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/a-m/bsdracula-ld/bsdracula-ld_fl.jpg
The Criterion Collection Laserdisc of Bram Stoker's DRACULA, directed by Francis Ford Coppola.

I bought this the day it came out ($125!), and it is still my Horror Piece de resistance. The extras on it are to die for. 

I also have "RePossessed" on LVD, autographed by Linda Blair. 

But as far as DVDs go, it's either this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/9a/Alienq.jpg/300px-Alienq.jpg

or this:

http://www.boomerangshop.com/dvdcover/ImageWeb2/TheMonsterLegacyCollection156255_f.jpg

iv listed some of my movies on here before, but i have a fairly new addition to my collection that im really proud of. its a Bela Lugosi 3 movies in one. its really cool looking, and as soon as i can post a pic, i will. its got White Zombie (one of my personal favorites of his, and has really become one of my favorite movies), The Corpse Vanishes, and another film that i cant remember the name of at the moment.

Doctor Death, M.D. wrote:

Mine is definately the CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST- Grindhouse Deluxe Edition...Great Buy I LOVE IT!

I am having a hard time finding this movie. Where did you get this verison at?

Mirthquake wrote:

http://www.boomerangshop.com/dvdcover/ImageWeb2/TheMonsterLegacyCollection156255_f.jpg

Damn, that is cool!

Last edited by Thomas Hewitt (2007-11-19 00:10:27)

I've already mentioned earlier in this thread dvds that I have in my collection that I love but here's a new one that I bought:

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - 2 disc steelbook edition(1974 film)

My 2 disc Re-animator dvd, If i had to choose to take only one, that'd be it.

One of my favs sitting on my shelves have to be my Aliens Quadrilogy Box Set.  This is some really nice stuff, filled with excellent movies and extras. I just have to love it.

def. mine without a doubt is George A. Romero's Living Dead series....!!

My newest one to my collection:

The Evil Dead: Ultimate Edition - This is definitely a must own. Not only is the movie a classic but the documentaries are extremely interesting and even talks about how Raimi and Campbell and i think it was Sulliven, i can't remember, but they were talking how they are going to get back together to work on The Evil Dead 4. They also talked about why the movie Ash VS Jason VS Freddy wouldn't work. Jeesh. There is just so much stuff talked about the entire movie.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

My newest one to my collection:

The Evil Dead: Ultimate Edition - This is definitely a must own. Not only is the movie a classic but the documentaries are extremely interesting and even talks about how Raimi and Campbell and i think it was Sulliven, i can't remember, but they were talking how they are going to get back together to work on The Evil Dead 4. They also talked about why the movie Ash VS Jason VS Freddy wouldn't work. Jeesh. There is just so much stuff talked about the entire movie.

Yeah I need to buy that dvd too. I have the Evil Dead one with the foamy dead book cover.

Either my...

Puppetmaster Box Set
Suspiria(3 disc) Limited Edition set

definately my
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519XRNFSRQL._SS500_.jpg
halloween 25 years of terror

Last edited by g0m4k (2008-01-05 18:38:46)

I really only own two dvds that could be considered horror Slither & White Noise the Light (White Noise 2). I own them both because I'm a fan of Nathan Fillion - I have to say though, of the two, i definately prefer White Noise 2 - though I'm REALLY wanting to get the US version because they Australian one I have doesn't have the extras

I picked this up for $14.99 at the Future Shop Boxing Day Sale.
Had I known people were looking for it I would have picked up more.
I'll check to see if there are anymore - anyone want this?

http://i31.servimg.com/u/f31/11/34/33/97/themon10.jpg

Last edited by Shakingman (2008-01-11 14:00:07)

No way I can choose.  I have some that I love cause they are rare.  Some have sentimental value, some are just really cool versions.  I have lots of favorites for lots of reasons.  I am pretty partial to the Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition though.  And my boyfriend just gave me The Omen box set.  That's pretty sweet. 

Plus I have every version of Jaws ever released.  That's probably the big one.  I have a small collection of just that film alone.  LOL

Oh and the Re-Animator special edition.  I was so excited when that came out in the pretty bright green box.  LOL  Crap.  I can't decide.

I got the Evil Dead 3 disc set this week which would add to my top 10 best dvd sets that I have.

my brand freakin new Alien Vs Preditor box set. its so amazing. the statue of the preditor killing alien, is my new favorite thing that i own. ill get some pictures posted once i get home from school.

hard to pick my all time faves but my current favorite is very old school, its the vincent price classics the abominable dr. phibes and dr. phibes rises again.

used to stay up late to watch those on the late late shows all the time.

My favorite release is the Emilio Miraglia Killer Queen Box Set.  It comes with a Red Queen action figure with mask and dagger, the movies The Red Queen Kills Seven Times and The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave.

Dig it!

DVD FEATURES

THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE
Anamorphic (16:9) Widescreen Version
English and Italian audio options
Optional English subtitles
Introduction by star Erica Blanc (aka Erika Blanc)
"The Whip and the Body" - Interview with star Erica Blanc (aka Erika Blanc)
"Still Rising from the Grave" - Interview with production designer Lorenzo Baraldi

THE RED QUEEN KILLS SEVEN TIMES
Anamorphic (16:9) Widescreen Version
English and Italian audio options
Optional English subtitles
Introduction by production designer Lorenzo Baraldi
Dead à porter - Interview with production designer Lorenzo Baraldi
Round Up the Usual Suspects - Interview with actor Marino Mase
If I Met Emilio Miraglia Today - Featuring Erica Blanc (aka Erika Blanc), Lorenzo Baraldi, Marino Mase
My Favorite... Films - Interview with star Barbara Bouchet
Alternative Opening
Poster and Still Gallery

http://www.sendmemovies.com/images/PRODUCT/large/882853002598.jpg

Last edited by algee (2008-02-26 09:36:25)