Topic: The Lookout

I would like to take the time to recommend a little seen movie out on DVD called The Lookout.  I saw this movie in theatres and I must say, I was very surprised at how good this film is.  In a time of movies where it doesnt seem like a whole lot of effort,
The Lookout is rich with great characters, great storylines and great performances.  It delivers as one of the best films of 2007 and a top notch heist flick

Joseph Gordon-Levitt has really grown up since his days on 3rd Rock from the Sun, and his work in his previous film Brick as well as here in The Lookout can attest.  He is emerging as one of the finest young actors going right now.  And Jeff Daniel is FANTASTIC as a blind friend of Gordon-Levitts character.  He could have easily came off as the cheesy, blind advice giving friend but does a great job in keeping his character out of these pratfalls

I recommend The Lookout for anyone looking for a great heist flick.  It may not have the action of some bank heist films but ranks right at the top with the best of the class. It really delivers and may be the best all around film put out from the first half of 2007.  Its too bad that once award season comes around it will probably be overlooked since it came out so early in the year because it deserves one or two noms.  (Origional Screenplay and Supporting Actor maybe?) 

And while I dont like Ebert & Roepers opinions of horror films, for mainstream movies I enjoy their reviews.  See what Roeper and his guest reviewer say about it here:
http://bventertainment.go.com/tv/buenav … he+lookout
Trailer:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3nPEH7uByo[/youtube]

Re: The Lookout

Everyone says "oh it looks like Memento" because of the memory loss and writing everything down, but this film is far from they style of Memento

Such a great film

I'm sad that nobody else saw this but me and ^ Uwe Boll here.  lol

I am gonna keep posting random nonsense until someone els goes out and rents this great film.....blah blah blah.....i'm drunk....go see the lookout.

Hey jmh314, I rented it tonight!!  When I saw the preview, my first impression was a Memento rip-off so I was hesitant on watching it.  But after I saw your great review on the film I decided to give it a chance and you're right.... it's nothing like Memento at all.  It's a solid flick and it held my interest throughout.  And yes, Jeff Daniels did an excellent job as the blind friend.  I've always loved his acting.

lol glad you enjoyed it Creepella.  It is a good Heist film that is very character driven.  One of my favorite, if not favorite mainstream film of the year so far.  And you gotta love Jeff Daniels character.  big_smile

i would go and rent it..... but i dont rent movies cuz i dont got the money to. sorry Jim.

this movie was Brilliant! i loved it and jeff D. was awsome in it