Topic: Kill Bill - The Whole Bloody Affair

I just found this out and i know here at HM, there are quit a bit of fans of Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Vol. 2. With all of us waiting for years and asking and wondering when they will put out one whole Kill Bill movie. Well the time has come and our answers will be answered. On November 6, 2007, the version of Kill Bill how we were meant and always wanted to see it will be released onto DVD. Kill Bill Vol. I and Vol. II will be fused onto one DVD and make this version the ultimate version. This will be called Kill Bill - The Whole Bloody Affair that's 247 minutes long. That's right, 247 minutes of one movie. Now the long and anticipated version we have always wanted, we will now be able to own. I truely think this is great and wonderful news.

To see what i'm talking about, here's the website and 3 possible pics for what the cover art is going to look like:

http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Bill-Whole-B … amp;sr=1-3

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-08-24 03:44:28)

Re: Kill Bill - The Whole Bloody Affair

about time:P

Oh god i know. But hey i guess it was taking so long for it to come out so they could do it right and i bet this time, in unlike both movies, it will be packed with special features and if there is, i'm really curious to see what they are.

holyshit that sounds fuckin awesome!!!

Thats cool, so I hope it's not a long wait to get Grindhouse on one DVD tongue

Actually the Grindhouse DVD's are split as you know and Death Proof released next month and Planet Terror released in Oct. But i think the whole experiece is not until next year. But hopefully we won't. Just hope it won't take as long as Kill Bill took.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-08-24 13:33:39)

oh happy day. big_smile on amazon its listed as nc-17 so hopefully the crazy 88 fight is in full color.it also listed as four discs but no other special features are listed yet.

I actually don't mind the crazy 88 fight being in black and white. And this will be definitely ultimate edition to own and a must own at that. Now with both Kill Bill's i already own, it will be time to get rid of them.:D

But since they didn't list what's going to be on the DVD. This is what i think they could do:

Disc 1: The Entire Version of Kill Bill as one movie
Disc 2: Kill Bill Vol. I
Disc 3: Kill Bill Vol. II
Disc 4: Special Features

Hey i'm just throwing it out there and to see what could possibly be on the discs.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-08-24 13:55:55)

that sounds really cool, im gonna have to pick this up

Now this is bad ass. I'll have to ask for it for Christmas if its gonna be NC-17, which will be awesome. lol As for Grindhouse, I'll probably pick 'em up used for cheap, but I can't wait until (if) they do the whole thing the way it was meant to be...can you say 3-disc limited edition tin?

I just found out not to long ago that Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair - 4 Disc Set, will be released next Tuesday. November 6th. I definitely can't wait to pick it up. Before i was noticing 2 different dates: Christmas Day and sometime in Jan. But I guess i was right after all. So for all you Kill Bill fans this is going to be a must own. So throw out your old 2 seperate ones: Vol. 1 and 2. You are definitely going to want to own this bad boy. It's pretty much going to be like Sin City but this is going to have 4 massive discs. I so can't wait. I'm so god damn excited now about getting this next week.

Hey, that rocks! Awesome info...I even have the movie soundtracks.

Thanks. I'm glad i can provide info about this movie. I own both of the soundtracks too. I just love the score to both movies. Simply beautiful.

wot site is it on, i bet its not coming out cos it would have bin posted on dvdactive for sure

Well actually it also shows the samething on Bestbuy.com for a release of it not until Jan. 1st. But i got this info from amazon.com. And this morning in the one paper that i get which is called the Chicago Tribune and in the section called the Tempo, every Tuesday they list movies they come out next week and Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair was one of them that they showed. And it is accurate too when they list movies.

I still don't think its going to happen. If it was true then there woul dhave been artwork relased and specs on dvd sites such as dvdactive, dvd times and even here and bloodydisgusting . I'm that confident that its not coming out next tuesday that if it does then i will eat my own shit for 10 years and then shag a lepper while licking a sheeps ass.:P

It would be great if it comes out next week. I really hope it does and find out if it does. But hey if it doesn't oh well. I can wait a little longer for it. I don't mind. All i know is that it's being released for sure this year. But the weird part is that they list also 2 different dates. Well now 3 different dates. Nov. 6th, Dec. 25th, and Jan. 1st. Well hey all we can do is find out next week if it's true or not.

i wonder how they would do it any how, can they fit the whole thing on one disc? Or will it just be separate discs? If it is separate discs then its pretty pointless, except 4 the extras

This is how i figure how they are going to release this set:

Disc 1: Kill Bill as the way we were meant to see it. As one whole movie.
Disc 2: Kill Bill Vol. 1
Disc 3: Kill Bill Vol. 2
Disc 4: Special Features

Sorry to burst your bubble, but its not going to be November.  If you checked amazon lately, this is what it currently says for availability:  "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock"
http://www.amazon.com/Kill-Bill-Whole-B … amp;sr=1-1

Usually what happens is if a DVD is rumored to come out, sites like Amazon and Best Buy latch on to a time frame, and then set their own release date to accept preorders. Then if there is an official date they adjust accordingly and already hava bunch of preorders for the official release.

I would trust Best Buys info a little more only because they have a SKU number for the item.  So thats a sign that they actually know about the product if they already have a SKU for it. 

And with the 4 discs, I dont see that breakdown happening that way BDD.  I expect 2  discs per movie, one disc for each Volume of the film and one for special features of each Volume.  There is no way they are going to be able to fit all 247 minutes on one DVD.  Look at films like Seven Samurai and Kingdom of Heaven Directors Cut....they clock in at 207 and 194 minutes respectively, and they had to be broken up into two discs.  You cant get that long of a runtime on a standard DVD, even with a Dual layered disc. 

See if you can just find an import from Japan or somewhere.  They had Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair released theatrically out there, so there is a chance you can find a region 0 import DVD if it was released that way on DVD out there. 

Also if you notice, the uncut version used for The Whole Bloody Affair overseas was only one minute longer in the first film(112 instead of 111) and exactly the same runtime in the second(136).....so it doesnt seem as though they will be much different anyways.....

I am pretty sure and positive they are going to put the movie on one disc as the way we were meant to see it. This is from Wikipedia:

"The Whole Bloody Affair"

A special NC-17 rated edition of Kill Bill which will include Volume 1 and Volume 2 edited as one film ("Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair") will be released on 4 DVDs on November 6, 2007. The film will run fully at 247 minutes (4 hours and 7 minutes).

This is expected to be the uncut four hour and seven minute version of the film that was released internationally.

Contains a new "complete" version of the two films, including footage from parts 1 and 2 edited together.

If you also think about it JMH, if this version is going to have 247 min. That's both movies as one whole movie. Vol. 1 - 110 min. and Vol. 2 - 137 min. So they are going to combine both movies as one whole movie like i have been saying. But i have been searching and it almost looks like it might not be released next week. It actually might not be released not until 1/1/08. But if that's the case, oh well. I can wait a little longer. I don't mind. All that matters is that this version is being released once and for all.

Wikipedia can't really be trusted. I always thought that anyone can add to it so who ever posted that could be wrong

Last edited by DemonToSome (2007-10-30 18:51:29)

Yeah that's true. But this one the only thing i got from Wikipedia:

"The Whole Bloody Affair"

A special NC-17 rated edition of Kill Bill which will include Volume 1 and Volume 2 edited as one film ("Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair") will be released on 4 DVDs on November 6, 2007. The film will run fully at 247 minutes (4 hours and 7 minutes).

But everything else i got from 2 other sites and with what i read with the other sites, it does look like that it won't be released not until Jan. 1st.

Honestly, if you ask me other than the special features, this doesnt seem worth it.  If you add the 111 minutes from Kill Bill 1, and the 137 from KB2, thats your 247 mintues.....nothing too new to be added then....and I still dont know if they can get that all on one disc.  Like Is said other films that arent nearly as long got split onto multi-discs(Seven Samurai, Kingdom of Heaven, Pearl Harbor, LOTR).  I just think thats too much media to fit on one disc....

Well there is only one way we'll find out once and for all what's all going to be included into the set and that's when they release the specs and from there we'll know. So might as well just have our own theories until the official word on the specs are seen. So all we can do is wait and see what the final verdict is.