Re: Getting to know each other

Do you hate Lon or something?

That was you-know-who.  He showed up a couple weeks back but I was hoping that was the last we'd see of him for a while.  Unfortunately....

Shall I call him He Who Shall Not Be Named?

Don't call him anything, man.  Mention his name at all, he'll harass the hell out of you, edit your posts (he already has if you look around -- he's been busy tonight) and if he feels like it he'll ban you for a day or two (like he just did Azzie). 

We've learned the hard way there's nothing we can do about it.  We mods, our Admin -- we've banned him countless times but it never sticks.  As you can see by his posts, it even shows "banned" under his avatar but he's somehow able to log back in anyway.  We tried tracing his ISP a couple times but it leads to absolutely nowhere.  It's like he's literally a ghost in the machine, completely untouchable.

Best thing to do is not mention him at all.  Even if he messes with your posts.  Just don't even acknowledge him.

LoudLon wrote:

Don't call him anything, man.  Mention his name at all, he'll harass the hell out of you, edit your posts (he already has if you look around -- he's been busy tonight) and if he feels like it he'll ban you for a day or two (like he just did Azzie). 

We've learned the hard way there's nothing we can do about it.  We mods, our Admin -- we've banned him countless times but it never sticks.  As you can see by his posts, it even shows "banned" under his avatar but he's somehow able to log back in anyway.  We tried tracing his ISP a couple times but it leads to absolutely nowhere.  It's like he's literally a ghost in the machine, completely untouchable.

Best thing to do is not mention him at all.  Even if he messes with your posts.  Just don't even acknowledge him.

That's easy enough, know people in the real world like that. Could a ghost program, randomizer, there are several methods to achieve that.

I kinda thought putting my thing in the open would be weird but not for me or ha Lon but whoever reads the shit.
Alucard. I am won I am the of all FVCK if it wasn't for lony I would be an outcast that says FUCK THIS SHIT.... but Lonny is cool

Lonny eats cap. intestising

inner body guts is what I meant

Alucard the Risen wrote:
AngelToOthers wrote:

Alucard, to you I'm nooby but whatever hey at least you have risen now for fuck sakes

When did I say you're nooby?

Don't worry, he's even weirder than me if such thing is possible... lol

Oh, I see, noted.

Alucard the Risen wrote:

That's easy enough, know people in the real world like that. Could a ghost program, randomizer, there are several methods to achieve that.

Problem being that El Capitano & I both know a bit about this ourselves.  My guess is he Tor'ing his shit.  But that still doesn't explain how Meh can't delete or permaban him.  And occasionally he pops up on Skype, and I can't kickban him.

That's some serious work to make vague apocalyptic proclaimings and to occasionally ban a monkey and a mod (yeah, he Lon at least once).  Luckily, he didn't mess with us much this Halloween season- last year was... interesting.

^^^
Yeah certainly Tor. Much better than Tar for this. lol

That's brings up a NEW QUESTION let's get back to the real stuff here... You rebels. Hahaha

What programming language do you like the most if any???

To me it's always been and will always be HTML. NOT that way too crazy HTML 2 stuff but the very simple first times one, with some Java Script mixed to that. I also did a few C++ stuff but it's way too freaking complicated for my simple dumb mind. So I stick with HTML and some *niX command lines, good enough for me. Oh also do some Action Scripting in Flash...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-11-22 11:58:39)

^^
Man, I'm mostly old-school.  Talking-

Basic (Apple, MS, etc.)
Pascal
Fortran
Assembly (!)
TC/TKL

then some:

HTML
Java
Unix/BSD shell scripting
vi

And I pretty much sucked at all of them.  I'm just not a code guy; I can't break down high level --> low level well.  I can design a Cisco WAN, but I can't make VB even input a form correctly.

That's the neat thing here on HM- so many skill sets spread over such a wide range of topics.  From Ace's directing, TypH's art, to Lon learning how to plug headphones in correctly, we all have some complementary skills.

I use whatever's available, tongue

azathoth wrote:

^^
Man, I'm mostly old-school.  Talking-

Basic (Apple, MS, etc.)
Pascal
Fortran
Assembly (!)
TC/TKL

then some:

HTML
Java
Unix/BSD shell scripting
vi

And I pretty much sucked at all of them.  I'm just not a code guy; I can't break down high level --> low level well.  I can design a Cisco WAN, but I can't make VB even input a form correctly.

That's the neat thing here on HM- so many skill sets spread over such a wide range of topics.  From Ace's directing, TypH's art, to Lon learning how to plug headphones in correctly, we all have some complementary skills.

Oh man vi is badass!!! Assembly gave me headaches like mad. But I just LOVE Darwin. And true, a wide variety of great talents over here which is rad. We would own the world if we were altogether I'm sure. big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-11-22 13:13:17)

Red vs. Blue, sho's seen it?

^^^
Nein.

I watched some of the early stuff. I remember it being pretty damn funny.

Yea, even more so for since I hated HALO at that time, tongue

Just bought myself a region free DVD player, big_smile

This is all I have on disc:

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o217/himurakenshin15/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsa772f326.jpg

Now you see why I want to expand so bad, tongue

Alucard the Risen wrote:

Another fleshbag fool.  Decorum once understood now must be taught.  Before the reaping is the sowing...

Everyone, I'm going to take the day off.  I have a nephew's baptism to attend, and a few other things.

I'll catch you maybe tonight-
if I recall, Golem wants to do some movie this evening.

^^^
Yeah Pontypool. Yay!!!

Have a good day my friend. smile

Have a great day azathoth!

(while I freeze my ass off)