Re: Getting to know each other

That's why they're so fascinating, the depiction of monstrous reptilian beasts span across many civilizations and eras, there are several programs that touch on it, but almost all focus is on the two more common 'dragon' manifestations, which is disappointing, I'm still searching for real in-depth resource material beyond scattered images, scant references and short mentions...

I was browsing Wiki briefly, it really is widespread, even to other cultures I didn't think about. Really as far back as written language, well, as old The Epic of Gilgamesh anyway. It makes me want to get a compendium with in depth information on the roots of each belief, especially Slavic, I know so little of that culture it shames me. It seems that ultimately the dragon was original serpentine, including the root of the word itself.

I told you man, a legendary creature that spans time and civilization, just finding a comprehensive work is insane!

New Q:

How many of you both own and still play games on a console 10+ years old?

Still play RE4 on the PS4 occasiuonally. Such a good game. Sitsup on my shelf as part of my horror collection.

Same Q

Theli wrote:

I was browsing Wiki briefly, it really is widespread, even to other cultures I didn't think about. Really as far back as written language, well, as old The Epic of Gilgamesh anyway. It makes me want to get a compendium with in depth information on the roots of each belief, especially Slavic, I know so little of that culture it shames me. It seems that ultimately the dragon was original serpentine, including the root of the word itself.

Shame on you indeed. Such an interesting culture.

My answer to the new question is:

Still have a 1987 AMIGA 500

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-12-28 13:46:18)

Do you have a 10+ year old console, Vasquez?

Alucard the Risen wrote:

Do you have a 10+ year old console, Vasquez?

Indeed, I meant to say I play RE4 on the PS2, not 4.

Whoops then, smile

Feel like a kid wandering in a lost generation sometimes, still have my old NES.

I hardly play new consoles at all. I am more satisfied playing Contra (or it's multiple sequels) than playing games like Call of Duty or Last of Us.

I still can't past first stage of Super Ghouls and Ghosts, sad

Hahahaha, yeah that game is hard as hell. Still can be fun though.

My favorite it the bow, basic dagger's fast but stutters after 3 shots, sword hits harder but is slower and only gets two shots before cool down, that blue fire has good expansion but is the same stats as the sword but very limited range, best used for high-ground-advantage crowd clearing, bow fires ahead and up at an angle, and has a fast fire and refresh rate, good against agile enemies like those hound-hoppers. Also great at clearing those fire skull serpents before they get off more than a shot.

Last edited by Alucard the Risen (2013-12-28 20:23:25)

AND NEW QUESTION TIME!!!

What's the coolest thing you done in your life???

8 months tour with SNFU and Problem Children in 1986 with my band then, Noisy Dislocation across the USA for me.

A damn RIOT that's been, on the road with a crappy mini van and I can tell you that after a week, 4 guys in that let some nuclear fumes in the truck. lol

But man playing every day or 2 all over the place, meeting new people, visiting new places and stuff, woah. Best ever.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-01-26 17:26:28)

^ Hmm, I don't think I'll be able to beat your one Punk. That sounds awesome as f*ck! big_smile

But mine would be meeting the band Opeth (example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxH2UAfz24s) out in the street while on the way to their gig! lol

Me and my friend couldn't believe it, Mikael was just standing outside some shop smoking when the rest of the band walked out.

I also met the bassist from Warbringer, they were playing a small pub and I went outside to get some air and he walked out just after I did and he asked me "Do you have a light man?" and I was in shock. lol

But yeah, meeting Opeth was mind blowing.

Same Q.

What was he smoking??? Hahaha lol
But yeah, remember the first show I ever went to, Motley Crue, Lee Aaron and Exciter I spoke with all of them because a buddy was working backstage so he let us snuck in and woah unforgetable definitely. I never drooled that much over a lady back then as much as on Lee Aaron that night. big_smile

Coolest thing I've ever done?  Fuzzle, I can't say.

2nd coolest thing was down in Ocean City, MD, on the boardwalk, and I hit a 50 foot 1-putt to get this huge teddy bear.  (I was 16 or 17 at the time, and she hated my current girlfriend, so she told me I could only give it to my wife.  Guess what, Vampy got it.  big_smile )

It was funny how everyone was looking at me on the bus while I was holding a 4 foot teddy bear.

Alucard the Risen wrote:

I still can't past first stage of Super Ghouls and Ghosts, sad

You're gonna hate me, but I've beaten the SNES and Sega version of that game.  Yes, it took a while; like 3 years or so to get both, but hey, that's what college is for, right.  Right?  No?  Shizzle....

Simple had sex with two girl at the same time. Me and my friend went to visit his family in New Mexico. Great time we ate some BBQ and drank a lot. By the end of the night I talked two girls into having sex with me at the same time.

^^
I called that Friday night.  Before Vampy, of course.  OK, not every Friday.

Does it count if you pay them?  lol  No, really.

Last edited by azathoth (2014-01-30 04:55:45)

^^^
BWAHAHAHA lol
Man so cool the giant Teddy Bear never could get any of them not even 6 inches ones, yeah that's how bad I am. Hahaha

And mike, I envy you soooooooooo much.

I can't really answer this one.  I've done a lot of stuff others may think of as cool but for me, it's just stuff I've done.  Well, no, actually I'll say that having an awesome daughter was the coolest thing I've ever done.  Nothing else in my life, no matter how bad-ass or cool or whatever anyone else would consider it, will ever come as close to that in my mind.

Same Q

Probably my trip to Germany for a metal festival. Hard to say though. Sometimes the simplest things make for the best days.

Same Q

^^^
Indeed. But yes LoudLon, if I ever get a kid someday [which I doubt seriously that'll ever happen the tour with Noisy Dislocation will go in the trash for sure...

And Theli, you bastard, Metal IN GERMANY, must've been such a riot!!!

Yeah man it was intense, Keep it True X; Reign of the Tyrant.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keep_It_True#X

You can't imagine what it's like singing Doomsword with hundreds metal brethren from around the world, alehorns swing in the air, fists pumping, heads banging, so crazy. No moshing, just arms on each other shoulders chanting mead songs. Not that they were necessarily my favourite band there (I LOVE Jag Panzer and Manilla Road), it was probably the best experience, a unique one. I wish I had a video of it.

Last edited by Theli (2014-02-05 01:04:45)