Re: OOC : Horror Story Idea

I think I will rp a teacher and a person who works at a local coffee shop as my primary characters.  There might be others who will pop up for a chapter or two before moving on or dying...but teacher and coffee are my main characters.

Sounds good. Once we get the collaborative story/rp section started everyone can post their character(s)'s profiles in the OOC area.

I am thinking if we should start putting this thing together.  Now if it is too early and there is something that people do not understand, then say so and we will spend more time on it.  I think Leon has done a excellent job of stating the idea and object of this game.  If we want to start though, then we should start finalizing who is playing so we can start handing out regions and figuring the villains and who wants to use their own.  After that is figured out and everything seems ready to roll, then the basic rules will be posted and confirmed by everyone so we know what is going on.  Post them again on the story/rp section and determine an order of posting chapters so the story is easier to follow.

I'm starting out in Northern Virginia...where I live as I know the area like the back of me own hand. 

*Looks at hand*  wow thats new

Far away from Leatherface and Mike Myers smile tongue

vorwald2006 wrote:

I am thinking if we should start putting this thing together.  Now if it is too early and there is something that people do not understand, then say so and we will spend more time on it.  I think Leon has done a excellent job of stating the idea and object of this game.  If we want to start though, then we should start finalizing who is playing so we can start handing out regions and figuring the villains and who wants to use their own.  After that is figured out and everything seems ready to roll, then the basic rules will be posted and confirmed by everyone so we know what is going on.  Post them again on the story/rp section and determine an order of posting chapters so the story is easier to follow.

Sounds good. You guys better sign up now before the ball gets rolling because when it does your gonna be stuck waiting for the next collaboration.

Yeah, why don't we have everyone that plans on playing put a post here within the next couple of days so we know who is playing and to get this thing off the ground.

Fine by me. Also, I think the cut off date should be September 30th. That way we can thing started on the first day of October. Just in time for all the horror movie specials and events.

Sounds good, Sept 30th seems like a good date to have as a cut off. As previously stated I'm in. I am thinking a city type character, maybe a border-line alcoholic lawyer or a Dr that has a like for pain pills that way I can play with their morals and don't alway have to do the right thing.

Cool. I myself am thinking of playing a lazy toll booth worker living in New York(seeing as thats where i live)who must man up in order to survive the catastrophe at hand.

Remember, you can create more than one character to write about.  I suggest no more than three or four.  Otherwise it will take up a lot of room in the OOC forum.  I plan on playing and am still deciding on characters.

I've got a few more characters worked up that I'll post when the time to do so comes.

Ok all this sounds kinda kool, So you can count the zombie eater in, I am thinking of my character being a drug addict, Someone who has been down in the gutter for a while, But finely starts to realize they better get there shit straght when the world goes to hell.

The more the merrier Norrock. Welcome aboard.

Yes Norrock welcome.  I hope you have as much fun as everyone else does.
i forgot to mention that when you post that you are going to play, please note if you plan to create your own villain or if you want a known one (ex. Jason, Freddy, etc.).  If you want a known one, then it will be chosen randomly unless you want a preference.  When you post your characters to the OOC, also post the villain incase there is someone that might not have heard of unless it is a vampire or werewolf then just post the basic abilities of that creature that you intend to use.
Thanks, sorry I didn't mention it earlier.

As of right now i don't plan on createing my own villain, I plan to let my side of the story focus more on the zombie side of things, However if i do change my mind i will be sure to let you guys know before the 30th. And also i not too sure if i want more than one character, I am thinking maybe two, The drug addict is going to be a male, I've had thoughts of a female character, One that comes from one of my own short storys, Her name is Rosetta and she also has been thrown down in the gutter, She is a whore.

Add some suprise to the game, let no one pick their villan. Let's let Leon and Vorwald assign them when we decide to start the story so everyone has to think on their feet. If you get to pick your own anyone could already have a zombie, werewolf, freddy, or Jason sory written that they are going to regurgitate on this game. Let the whole thing be fresh and we all start together. Again, Just my 2 cents.

I actually like that idea Hard2Kill, but some original villians might not hurt and would probablly add a little more flavor to the whole story.

I like it.  Random primary villians to all, should Moonface be considered one?  tongue

I think my two characters will run into a mix of zombies during the day as well as maybe some vampires too at night.  Spice it up a bit.

I would like some demons to go with my zombies, In a way the demon & zombie thing would kinda have an Evil Dead feel to it. The kinda story yall are talking about sounds twisted in a kool way. It kinda reminds me of a short story i wrote a few years back called God Gone Mad.

Last edited by Norrock The Zombie Eater (2006-09-28 20:46:44)

My two cents are for randomly destributed evil generals of the dark lords.  Though it was my idea for my characture(s) to  take some time to figure who that was by battling through lesser minions.  I am eager to start too!

Norrock The Zombie Eater wrote:

I would like some demons to go with my zombies, In a way the demon & zombie thing would kinda have an Evil Dead feel to it.

That shouldn't be a problem. Your character(s) can deal with more than just zombies and the generals. You can choose from Werewolves,vampires,demons, ghosts, or whatever else is too your liking.

This sounds kool, I must say i've never done anything like this before, I think i am going to enjoy it, But im guessing if some of us ended up not enjoying it as much as we thought we would, We could always just kill our own character off, Or eather turn him or her over to another person?

Man I'd really like the idea of somehow getting some Cuthulhu mythos stuff in there......(crosses fingers)

Norrock's got a good point there. If you at one point get bored with what your doing, then type up a nice gruesome character death for us all to enjoy. Also, If you have a group of characters, feel free to kill a few off during the course of your story.

By the way guys, Vorwald e-mailed me a nice set of guidlines for anyone to follow. These are of course subject to change, but I think Vorwald got it down pretty good.

Chapters/sections will be written in third person (will work the best), but can have characters’ thoughts expressed in first person

2)       There will be an order to post by so everyone gets a chance and the story is easier to follow (ex. Leon posts, Hard2Kill posts, vorwald2006 posts; then it starts over at Leon again).  If someone does not post when it is their turn within a certain amount of time (I’m thinking something like 48 hours.), then the turn will be skipped and the player will have to wait until next turn.

3)       Communication between different players’ characters is forbidden because it raises too many complications (one possible way around this is if one group broadcast a SOS over a radio transmitter and another group found the message and played it back as a one time thing.  Of course, both players involved would have to have agreed to do this and it can not result to a serious change in plot.).

4)       Length per chapter is yet to be determined, but I think that if they don’t detail every little thing out then they could get more written.

5)       Along with the main characters, a player may choose to add a temporary character that is left behind or is killed.  If the player wants to add this character to the main characters that he/she has, a profile for that character must be created on the OOC.

6)       Common sense rules such as respect and decent posting is also in effect as it always has I am sure.

7)       No more than four main characters so as to keep the story simple and easy to follow.  Temporary characters can be used as often as desired but can not tag along for duration if limit is already reached.

Okay guys, It's October first. If you haven't signed up for the story collaboration by now than you've missed the boat. I'm going to talk to mike and see if we can get a section established for the story by tonight or tomorrow.