Topic: Rue Morgues Halloween Double Issue #61 Sneak Peek

The folks over at Rue Morgue have just given us the heads up on their next issue.. Looks to be my favorite so far.. Double Halloween Issue with ZOMBIE on the cover? What else can you ask for? Check it out..

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6577.html

Re: Rue Morgues Halloween Double Issue #61 Sneak Peek

i like the cover artwork. Their editor Rod sent it to me and just like every other issue its top notch. Not quite what I would have expected for Halloween though. Thought they would have done something cool and creative.

Looks pretty cool. I was thinking about subscribing to this awhile back. May have to do so in the near future.

I will be going to my Border's on October 1st and picking this issue up.  Thanks a lot for the heads up Goon, looks fuckin' fantastic.

I'm gonna pick this issue up as well come October.

Very cool.

Yea it looks like my Barnes and Noble is gonna be paid a visit on October 1st..

Has anyone checked this out?

I don't really have any spending money spare for gas right now so I'll probably have to get this thing from the vault or something.

I just scraped enough money to get it today.  Oh man....its so beautiful I'm kind scared to open it tongue

Its not constructed as a regular magizine but more like an actual book with good binding an all.  So sweet....might get myself another just to have sealed up and hang up on the wall.

thanks for the update simatar. When you have read some of it give us some reflections.

Well, the cover is as cool as hell of course.

I am a bit sad though that only 10 pages (broken into 4 sections) are devouted to Fulci and I expected a lot more devoted to him.  The highlight (and good reason to get this issue) is the interview with his daughter Antonella.  Very insightful into her father (won't mention anything so not to spoil) and makes me want to find a biography about him.

The next two sections are coverage of his genre films.  First one is about all of his genre films with brief paragraph reviews and then another the goriest set pieces he had in some of his films and breaking them down.  Then, the last section is a brief interview with Fabio Frizzi, composer on Zombi 2. 

The Fulci section is very small considering the whole magizine is about 140 pages give or take, haven't read the rest of it though.  I expected a lot more, but the Fulci section is still very good and the magizine is worth picking up as it doesn't cost more than the regular isse.

Yea I bought it alittle while back.. I guess they could have gotten a little more in depth but who would they really get that kind of information from? I mean most people who had worked with were not to fond of him as his daughter stated in the interview..

But as always it was a great issue with a TON of coverage.. Now I know a couple of Fulci films that I have to hunt down thanks to that litle section. I always enjoy RM's reviews as well. Always well versed and to the point.