Topic: Labor Day

Well I am off work tomorrow for Labor Day so is anyone else off tomorow?

Also what are your plans?

Well I plan on having quite a few beers tomorrow(no surprise there eh, lol) and hanging out either either some buddies and dvd shopping or getting bombed here and relaxing and watching some new dvds.

Re: Labor Day

Labor Day Plans:

Saturday: Worked 230pm-11pm
Sunday: Work 11am-730pm.   I was gonna go see Death Sentence after work Sunday but decided to go home and watch something for free from my stack of unwatched DVD's.
Monday: Work 630am-3pm.  Probably will spend the afternoon playing Mario Strikers on the Wii online against my buddy and catch Raw at night.  bed early cause I got work again at 630am Tuesday

For those of you young enough to still be in school just a note: try not to get into a profession that never closes/stops.  I work Holidays and Weekends and it blows.  Find yourself a nice 9-5 weekday job that gives you holidays off.  You'll be much happier that way

jmh314 wrote:

Labor Day Plans:

Saturday: Worked 230pm-11pm
Sunday: Work 11am-730pm.   I was gonna go see Death Sentence after work Sunday but decided to go home and watch something for free from my stack of unwatched DVD's.
Monday: Work 630am-3pm.  Probably spend the afternoon playing Mario Strikers on the Wii online against my buddy and catch Raw at night.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz'z..........lol, oh well at least one of us is getting drunk, lol.:lol:

My plans are to see Halloween and watch the Dead Like Me marathon on Sci Fi big_smile

jmh314 wrote:

Labor Day Plans:

For those of you young enough to still be in school just a note: try not to get into a profession that never closes/stops.  I work Holidays and Weekends and it blows.  Find yourself a nice 9-5 weekday job that gives you holidays off.  You'll be much happier that way

Which is why I no longer work in the film industry.  When production demands 24-36 hour shifts, you're spending weeks away from your family, and after all is said and done you STILL don't get your name in the damn credits... It ain't worth it.

If I'm writing, directing, or IN the movie, it's a whole different thing.

As it is, I have client projects due soon, so I'll be working, but on here AND drinking beer. 

It's good to be freelance, sometimes. big_smile

^ Glad someone else knows the feeling.  I knew when I went to school to get my Law Enforcement degree that I would be in for a life of working nights, weekends, and holidays, but I never realized how much it sucks and how much you miss out on.  I'm only 23 so I have time to find my place in my line of work, and hopefully I find my way to a nice cushy schedule.

I'm still in high school so I have Holidays off big_smile

writing code and lots of it

Meh wrote:

writing code and lots of it

Cheers, while drinking beer I hope!;)

tomorrow... im gonna start work at the Renasance festaval.

drink coffee and play on here off and on and get out into that sunshine, its not so blasting hot out there this week....then talk someone into watching Salem's Lot with me tongue

Work.

I went to a mexican resturant with some friends and been drinking some beers!

RIP wrote:

How much do they get paid to go out in public with you?

jmh314 wrote:
RIP wrote:

How much do they get paid to go out in public with you?

LOL, no autographs right now but I am a celebrity.....NOT.....but chicks dig me.:lol: