Topic: My First Myspace Blog, and Its About Movies

I was inspired to write this on Friday after I got home from work when I finally decided I had enough with the pent up fustration over how the theater is somehow able to get people to shut off their brains BEFORE the movie.

This was only confirmed yesterday when a woman brought her 4 kids (oldest probably 12 tops) out of HALLOWEEN and told me 'this film is too dirty and ghastly for my children, I want to switch my tickets.'  My face, kodak moment...I had seen some very small children in HALLOWEEN over the course of the weekend (I'm not shitting...probably around 30 or so kids under 12)...first time a parent admitted it was a bad film for them.  The title might be HALLOWEEN, but it sure as hell ain't HALLOWEEN TOWN.

But still...WHAT THE FUCK?!  Its rated R for a bloody reason!  Look up at the damn mylar, you will see an R and next to box office we even have a poster that has all ratings and why they are that.  As if that weren't enough, the poster outside of the theater has a big freaky man holding a nice with a very creepy background, and the tagline is EVIL HAS A DESTINY...yes...this seems like a children's film.  Somehow...the theater just sucks all intelligence from the audience.

Here's my blog/rant, thought some might find it amusing..The Audience In The Theater Is Dumber than They Appear:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea … =305617299

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2007-09-03 05:21:39)

Re: My First Myspace Blog, and Its About Movies

thegoldensimatar wrote:

The title might be HALLOWEEN, but it sure as hell ain't HALLOWEEN TOWN.

But still...WHAT THE FUCK?!

lol thats classic!

My question is did they let her switch her tickets?  If I was a theater manager I dont think there is any way I would let her do it.....

The real question is, why did you give in and sell your soul to myspace?  I've been down that road, and it's not pretty.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

The real question is, why did you give in and sell your soul to myspace?  I've been down that road, and it's not pretty.

I think Myspace is a good networking tool.  I have one and dont use it too much, but I do use it.  It's good when you get older as a way to keep in touch with friends as you move apart to colleges and new towns and stuff.  And I use mine mostly to look for concerts of bands I like.

It is also good for using the blog as a way to write stuff down and it is a good marketing tool if you have a business you are trying to run.  Yeah it's a stalkers haven, but if you dont use it to meet "new" people or a significant other then you dont get that problem.

Myspace is a brilliant networking tool, I'll give it that.  For both, music and film, it's a great way to market your shit for free.  However, for personal use, it's just another "look at me" type situation.  Useless internet attention ain't my thing, aight homie?

^ lol I dont rememebr the last time I was called homie.....

But no I understand.  The "look at me" thing isnt for everyone.  But thats why they have privacy settings too.

I had similar experiences, and blogged quite virulently about it at the time, at the premiere of Kill Bill V1.  I won't go into it here, but I was SHOCKED at the time.

I made the Myspace a long time ago, have only been on there about 3-4 times since.

And yes jmh...sadly we did let her change.