Topic: Imprint

Hey, I was able to check out Imprint from the Masters of Horror series...

Jayzuz H that was messed up.... a truly disturbing piece of film-making....

I think I've hit my limit with wierd stuff......That was almost too much...

More the violence and torture than the foetus shots....

yeesh, I need a drink...

Re: Imprint

Yeah, watched it about a week or two ago after finding it on youtube.  The torture scene was the thing that got me the most jumps and not the fetuses.  But I reviewed it and still gave it a 10 outta 10.

I was a bit dissapointed in Imprint. I wish Miike would of expanded on the ideas a bit more. I think this would of been good done as a mini series like MPD Psycho but I know he was asked to do a film for MOH Series. Just a thought.  The pace was too rapid and would of liked more story. Don't get me wrong I really liked the idea but think it would of done better developed over a series of episodes.

I just got the DVD the other day and ya, what a wild ride that one is. That has to be the best TV episode of any series I have ever seen........... that never made it to TV. smile

I think Demon that it would of went over well as a mini series (after hours cable perhaps)in theory. I liked the story aspect and wasn't overly stunned by the visuals. I don't think it's the goriest film evr made. I just think bottom line Showtime wasn't sold on airing it.

I don't think it could work as a miniseries.

It wasn't gory at all...but it was the fetuses that made them cancel it.

I don't know how it could be a mini series either myself. I think it was all said and done within an hour.

Yea I mean if this story was streched into a mini series it would have been pretty boring filled with a TON of filler.. The episode was great.. The torture scenes made me squirm especially the fingernail stuff.. One of my favorite MOH episodes..

I squirmed too during the fingernail torture and especially the mouth and gums scene

The fingernail...i was squiriming so much in my chair....i still get tingly thinking about it.

This is a movie thats one hell of a ride when viewing.  The fingernail scenes made me squirm as well which doesnt usually happen.  A great episode.  Keep on rockin' Miike.

Laughs. I don't agree with you guys. There's definately a great story there with many possibilities.

I guess if it was even possible why bother? I mean the episode alone worked perfectly.. Don't fix it if it's not broke..

LOL! I don't think the episode worked that well. There are a lot of open ended subplots for example did he kill his sister? she accuses him in a vision.

Because I think he might have molested her.  I have to watch Imprint again...but I think he might have molested her at some point.

thanks goldensimatar because i didn't see any allusion to what may of been wrong in the film, it would also explain his attraction to the missing geisha because he said she reminded him of his sister. good insight.

You also have to take into account this is Takashi Miike we are talking about here.. Most Japanese filmmakers don't like to tie all their films up into a nice little package.. They like to have several layers to their films with lots of questions going unanswered.. It kind of adds a certain quality to the film..

LOL! I understand that but usually he does a neat job. I thought Imprint was a bit disconnected. I don't mean in the way Juon is or other J Horrors. There's something missing in Imprint. By the way i am Japanese and used to their films! My mother and grandmother are from Kobe.

Imprint is a beautifully shot film with graphic scenes that made a lot of us squirm in our seats.  That takes talent.

Never said it didn't. Just saying it isn't the strongest of his films and could of been better.

Well, everyone has different views.  I felt it held up well.  But, thats just my two cents.

I thought it held up great the way it was filmed.

I don't know even the guys at Twitch.com felt the film seemed unfinished. I'm glad someone else thinks so because that's how i felt after watching the film. You can have different opinions about the film but if asked I doubt Miike would say it's his greatest achievement.

You have to remember it's not a full length feature. Its a little over an hour made for TV (ya right smile ) short film or whatever you want to call it. It seemed longer to me while I was watching it.
It doesn't matter if it's not his greatest achievement, because theres lots of people who love that episode either way you look at it.

Yea Imprint was awesome, yet it seemed to be Miike's less gruesome works.Man, if that was banned from Cable Broadcast im guessing were never gonna see his other movies on TV. It is also depressing that they wont sign him up for the new season since, well, theyre afraid.

Last edited by Tempura_Maker89 (2006-10-27 09:24:33)