Re: Imprint

I just watched it last night.  It was about what I expected after reading and hearing about it...the one thing that annoyed me was Billy Drago's overacting.

He was drunk as a skunk from drinking sake. Thats why he was acting wierd

I recently had some time to watch this last night Epitome just bought the entire Season 1 DVD and this one was the first ones I wanted to check out, and it was very good in my oppinion although I feel they could have left out the old twin minime head thing out it was more funny than scary.

The torture scenes were well done,I wasn't grossed out or anything  but they kept my eyes on the tube unlike other films (hostel) wink.

i still need to pick up the MOH box set. i havent seen alot of them but i liked the ones i did see and i've heard good things about Imprint

I really hate torture stuff so Imprint was my least favorite of MOH. I guess it's just not my kind of movie but I really didnt like it. I think we were about 7 people watching it, and only of them actually liked the movie. When I saw the hand coming out of her skull, I just started laughing non stop.

goldenwarrior wrote:

I recently had some time to watch this last night Epitome just bought the entire Season 1 DVD and this one was the first ones I wanted to check out, and it was very good in my oppinion although I feel they could have left out the old twin minime head thing out it was more funny than scary.

The torture scenes were well done,I wasn't grossed out or anything  but they kept my eyes on the tube unlike other films (hostel) wink.

yeah it got a little weird toward the end lol but it was one disturbing episode for sure!!

I enjoyed the episode and the DVD has some great special features but overall it certainly didn't live up to the hype. It wasn't even the most disturbing stuff that Miike himself has done.

I really dug it, especially the whole 20 minute torture scene of the geisha, where they had to play it business and torture her in ways you couldn't see....ewww...awesome.  Glad I'm not that girl.

This film was out there and did test the limits of how far one can go, but I must put my personal feelings aside on this one and say that is was truly a work of art. If I were to write a review, I would defintely give it a 9 or 10. I mean, I was a little squemish through the fetus scene, but that shit probably does happen. It looked quite painful, but for me, it added something to the storyline. I thought the best part was the hand that came out of her head. That was awesome. I never expected that one, but then again, I never know what to expect when it comes to horror! I don't think I'll be watching it again anytime soon, but overall, one of the best horror films I've seen. One of the best definitions of a horror film for modern day horror!