Topic: Eurpoean Release of Deadlands coming soon & it will be theatrical cut

I am about to ink a European distribution deal for Deadlands: The Rising and I sent the distributor both cuts of the film, the original DVD version and the version i cut for theaters. The distributor has decided to go with the Theatrical version. As of today 09/03/07 I just completed a complete re-coloring of the film, I spent 5 solid hours re-color correcting the film and replacing the gun foley as and other sound FX. The film for the first time now has a more professional sound design and a remastered picture.

The Euro Release will also be the first time Deadlands will be available in 5.1 Dolby Digital and 6.1 DTS. I am about to completely remaster all the audio starting tomorrow and expect it to be completed by October 30th. Once the deal is signed and the money in my account Deadlands will debut in Europe in the Spring of 2008.

Re: Eurpoean Release of Deadlands coming soon & it will be theatrical cut

dj you should get us some clips for TerrorFeed for those not familiar with your film. For those of you not familiar with deadlands a clip can be found here. http://www.terrorfeed.com/index.php?id= … -therising

I think goon also gave it a good review on site.

What's the plot for the film?:/

Thats awesome man. So what's the main difference's between the two cuts of the film? I bought the original version from you that was signed on the cover a while back.

The difference is no zombies head for the house at the end, and I added a few other different scenes into the middle including adding two more survivors from the traffic Jam massacre.

Thats interesting. Thanks for the info.

Yea I like the Theatrical cut.. Its not really that much different except for the ending. Pass on the artwork when you can DJ! That is if you plan on changing it up.. Also did you manage to fix up the scene you shot yourself? The one that was overexposed I think where it has a odd blue tint and the kids are jumping on the trampoline..

That pretty much is the finished look for that scene, I contrasted it to take the edge of the exposure so it has the blue tint to it, but a lot of the other scenes which were mis-matched are not all the same as far as look and feel.

I started the surround mix tonight, I have most of the music soundtrack completed in Dolby Digital 5.1, and once I complete the score in DD, I will move onto the score for DTS. The dialog will have to be done at a post production house to clean up and EQ the mix.