Topic: What's your Halloween tradition?

Basically what is your normal tradition that you do every Halloween.

I'll start it off:

What i do on every Halloween, I always have the entire day and night of having my own horror movie marathon.

Re: What's your Halloween tradition?

i do basically the same thing but i try and shoot for the full month since some of the satellite channels do a shitload of oldie horror movies the entire month.

i move too much to have any real traditions... but i usually try to go trick or treating and watch a bunch of horror movies. and i love scaring the little kids.

45 days of decorating
October chock full o' shock movies.
October 30, visit cat Smokey's grave for her anniversary of passing.
And October 31st... party, hand out candy, and dress up son (usually as a "skully").

Halloween Day: the fam' and I sit around watching a horror movie marathon usually of my design.

Halloween evening: with a curfew in our town on Halloween night, we dress up (yeah, I'm 35 and still dress up for Halloween, 'cuz I'm that big a dork) and take the niece and nephews out for trick-or-treating.  Afterwards, before we let them touch a single piece of candy, we check everything in their bags to make sure it's not been tampered with.  Any loosely wrapped piece of candy or anything with a hole is tossed.

Halloween night: each year we take turns to see who will watch the kids while the rest of us go to my cousin's house for a Halloween party, in full costume.  It's my younger sister's turn this year.

Tons o' fun for everyone.

Usually Halloween happens around the time when I head to the University of Georgia vs Florida college football game in Jacksonville, Fla which is nothing but party central. Me and  about 15 of my family and friends go to it and it's a weekend of partying. About 200,000 people partying in the streets before game time.

But if Halloween is during the week I usually just sit at home and watch Halloween or some horror films.

'Saw' is our tradition since 2004 lol But usually I got to a friends house and watch some horror movies

watch movies and chow down on candy big_smile