Topic: 3 Months on a Bug!

I have spent 3months working on a code bug that I was told by people was impossible to do. Just today after spending 3 months cursing and screwing around it, with the help of two really cool people I was able to solve the riddle and as of 5minutes ago my code is now working nearly perfect.

I had to post even though alot of folks are probly wondering WTF i am talking about because this is probably the biggest code dilemna I have ever solved. The code is being used on TerrorFeed.com and will be a huge leap forward for the site. I am stoked!

That is all smile Carry on!

Re: 3 Months on a Bug!

Very little more satisfying than deciphering the code.  Congrats!

the really fun part is that IE7 has a bug which wont allow my code to work. So now that I have solved my problem with some help, I need to come up with a fix for IE. UGH.

Well that's good to hear you have everything situated with it. I know it was a real pain but hey atleast it's all done with. You don't have to worry about it again. *Knock on wood.* Congrats Meh!

Meh, just tell the people at IE to fix their problem wink

haha well this bug started off with macromedia people telling me what i wanted to do was impossible. Now with help from some great people it works.. i just gotta get around an IE and a policy bug. I am sure that made no sense but with some luck this bug wont take 3months lol

I used to work for a Microsoft training company - and with oodles of programmers.  I don't envy your job, that's for sure.

Great job MEh, don't go cross-eyed tongue

haha well at least in my case its not for my job. This code is for the site and its betterment. But  i was joking with goon that i should sell this code, perhaps to youtube lol

Don't really understand what you're talking about, but congrats.  smile

thats right meh you get that bug and make it your bitch wink