Topic: What horror series out of this batch do you consider to be the best?

Ok so to me this is a tuff one cause i love all these series, While some of these went downhill when the sequels came along, For the most part they where good, Like in my King poll you can only choose one so choose wisely. As for myself i am going with Romero's Dead Saga, So what series from this list do you get realy excited over when you get the word a new one is on the way?.

Re: What horror series out of this batch do you consider to be the best?

Romero's Dead saga. I didn't even have to look at the other choices to answer that one. Is and always will be my favorite horror series.

Dead Saga..hands down.  Evil Dead, TCM and Halloween close behind.

Phantasm.. I love those movies.. I love Romeros as well but theres just something about Reggie Bannister and Angus Scrimm that gets me.. Everyone of those films is a great watch.. Love them movies..

Raimi's Evil Dead, more entertaining and consistent than the others.

Hellraiser has to be my favorite.  Romero's Dead saga was great, but I didn't like the last few films, though Dawn of the Dead was cool.  Land of the Dead was a little far fetched I think.  As for the others, I haven't seen enought to really make a fair judgement.

Evil Dead...it's never let me down.  Granted, it's only had 3 chances, and parts 1 and 2 (let's face it) are basically the same movie.

I would have gone with Romero, but Land of the Dead just didn't hit me.

...I almost voted for Hellraiser based on the original alone, but that wouldn't have properly honored the topic smile

Leon wrote:

Romero's Dead saga. I didn't even have to look at the other choices to answer that one. Is and always will be my favorite horror series.

DITTO

Wow, this was a very hard question.  I had to go with the Evil Dead trilogy though.  The reason for not choosing The Texas Chainsaw Massacre series is because everything after number two was mediocre.  Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness were all brilliant.  It was a very close call though.

If the third hadn't been so bad, I would have said Re-Animator.  Then I realized I'd overlooked the Dead saga.

George Romero has to be the best thing to happen to horror since Hammer and Val Lewton.

Can't vote properly...too many choices.  LOL
Okay I went with F13 because I can always watch them (any of them) and Jason has always been my favorite villain.  I even used to have a crush on "the man behind the mask"  hehe.*

But really, that was hard and there were some great choices.

*I would like to clarify that the crush was only when I saw Part 3 (in 3D) before he got his head all messed up.  Once it got all lumpy, etc. I was pretty much over that.

halloween..chainsaw..evil dead..phantasm

TCM but also loved Halloween and Evil Dead..

I like all of them, but some of their sequels are awful.

Evil Dead is good cause it is kinda multi-genre, but still good for all the genres that fit.  Plus, Bruce Campbell....cmoooon.

Glad Hellraiser was on the list cause thats my favorite series, but I also like Romero and the Evil Dead series

evil dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tho hellraiser films are good up to a  certain point .... the recent one is dismal.  and romero is a legend but evil dead got me interested in film as a child

I had to go with the Evil Dead series. Greatly entertaining at all times, and every time you watch it.

it was tough to choose but i had to go with Romero's Dead Series

& folks we have a tie smile

its hard to chose I love them alll

T'was a no brainer.  Romero's Dead saga.  Even the disappointing ones rocked, so it gets the points for consistancy.

it was hard to pick i have to go for evil dead

the_real_linda wrote:

evil dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tho hellraiser films are good up to a  certain point .... the recent one is dismal.  and romero is a legend but evil dead got me interested in film as a child

Your right real linda, Hellraiser was great up to a certain point and Hellworld was an insult to Hellraiser fans.