Re: Movies You Just Bought

Let Sleeping Corpses Lie

These last few days got myself a few more.
Fast 5
Intruders
Carnage [which I'm gonna watch very soon Jodie Foster, Waltz, Riley and Kate Winslet, that sure looks nice from what I've read about it]
Tomorrow When The War Began
Wrath Of The Titans

Not a lot of Horror on the special price [2 for 16 can. $] shelves this month but I,ve ordered some for next month.

My flea market haul -

The Tingler
Salem's Lot (1979)
The Satanic Rites of Dracula
Kill, Baby, Kill
Halloween VI The Curse of Michael Meyers

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

My flea market haul -

The Tingler
Salem's Lot (1979)
The Satanic Rites of Dracula
Kill, Baby, Kill
Halloween VI The Curse of Michael Meyers

Ill be interested to see what u think of Kill Baby Kill. If im not mistaken thats one of Bava's flicks. The Bava films i have seen so far have all been at least relatively impressive (Black Sunday, Black Sabbath, Bay of Blood and Blood and Black Lace) with my clear fav being the antho Black Sabbath.

I picked up 'Slumber Party Massacre' and 'Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance (Collector's Edition)', I remember seeing Slumber Party Massacre and enjoyed it.

Vasquez wrote:

Ill be interested to see what u think of Kill Baby Kill. If im not mistaken thats one of Bava's flicks. The Bava films i have seen so far have all been at least relatively impressive (Black Sunday, Black Sabbath, Bay of Blood and Blood and Black Lace) with my clear fav being the antho Black Sabbath.

Yes, it's a Bava film. I loved Black Sabbath and Black Sunday. The others were just fair, but I'm not a huge fan of Giallo. I figured Kill, Baby, Kill might be more my thing since it's Gothic horror. I'll let you know what I think after I watch it.

If you haven't seen it you should check out Bava's final flick, Shock (aka Beyond the Door II).  Strong lead performance by Daria Nicolodi, Bava's signature camera tricks and a heavy does of Oedipal subtext.

Earlier I got myself Countess Dracula on VHS for freaking 2 bucks. WOW.
I've seen and read about it but really don't know what to expect.
Which I like. smile

LoudLon wrote:

If you haven't seen it you should check out Bava's final flick, Shock (aka Beyond the Door II).  Strong lead performance by Daria Nicolodi, Bava's signature camera tricks and a heavy does of Oedipal subtext.

Id devo be interested in seeing that aswell. I have seen 85's Demons (co-directed i believe by Mario's son Lamberto Bava) aswell the 4 i mentioned so i guess u could say ive seen 5 flicks of the Bava Family.
I also believe Lamberto had something to do with Shock?. Writer perhaps?

Yep, he was one of the writers.  Plus Bava senior let him do some blocking and a couple shots here and there.

If you like Bava Jr., check out A Blade in the Dark.  Not the best giallo out there but good enough, plus it stars the Donald Duck killer from New York Ripper. big_smile

^
Ah, interesting. Thx for another bit of horror info Lon. U are a wise teacher. Just dont let me catch u using blood to write on the blackboard again wink

If you don't want to see me doing that, don't look. lol

La Vita e Bella. Doesn't work in a way. (The DVD, not the movie.)

^^
No fa niente perche la vita e veramente bella.
But yeah it sucks when that happens.

Ehi, ehi, ehi. In inglese, ragazzi. big_smile

I remember that I cried the first time I saw it.

LoudLon wrote:

Ehi, ehi, ehi. In inglese, ragazzi. big_smile

Doesn't matter, liife is truely beautiful. Translationated. lol

Yeah I totally used Google translate for that LOL .  The only Italian words I know are "giallo," "Argento" and "Fulci."  Oh, and manicotti. 

Oooooooh...manicotti...

While shopping at Wal-Mart...

Nightmare On Elm St. 1-8 (I just had em' all on VHS, nice to have some DVD copies now!)
The Waking Dead season 2
Final Destination 1-4
The last Exorcism
Gremlins
The Wolfman (remake)
The Lost Boys 1-3
Queen of the Damned
Friday the 13th 1-4
Scre4m
Wrong Turn 1-3

AND:
Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! (season 1 & 2)
The Matrix 1-3, and "Animatrix"
Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (Orig.)

Went to the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition)
Got 5 movies for $5
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c305/marcymoon/instagram.jpg

^^^
What in the H3LL is this version of Underworld???

And damn, wanted to order Wind Chill at the DVD store but they didn't have it in stock. I loved this movie. Guess I'll have to order online which for someone without a credit card is hard,

^ A Debit card is always handy my friend big_smile I don't use a Credit card either, I have a Debit card that way you can manage your money and not spend what you don't have. It's very handy.

Probably but I have no idea what this is.

Here you go. smile

Ohhhh what a wonderful invention.
Thanks for educating me. smile