Re: Movies You Just Bought

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
What in the H3LL is this version of Underworld???

And damn, wanted to order Wind Chill at the DVD store but they didn't have it in stock. I loved this movie. Guess I'll have to order online which for someone without a credit card is hard,

It's a J-Horror Anthology with these movies...or episodes as it's called online
• Chain Mail
• Left Behind
• Tattoo
• Viewfinder's Memory
• Guardian Angel
• Mortuary

kXnPunk wrote:

...wanted to order Wind Chill at the DVD store but they didn't have it in stock,

I'll be putting a copy of that flick up for sale on ebay in a few hours as part of a ghost movie lot. big_smile

I just added Wind Chill to my Amazon Cart (after reading about it on IMDB and remembering it from way back tongue). I'll take it for €3.77.

MoonRaven wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
What in the H3LL is this version of Underworld???

And damn, wanted to order Wind Chill at the DVD store but they didn't have it in stock. I loved this movie. Guess I'll have to order online which for someone without a credit card is hard,

It's a J-Horror Anthology with these movies...or episodes as it's called online
• Chain Mail
• Left Behind
• Tattoo
• Viewfinder's Memory
• Guardian Angel
• Mortuary

Wow awesome find. I'm an Underworld freaking addict. For me it's the best movies ever made.

Thinkin about snatching up Universal's Classic 50's Sci-fi Collection which includes The Thing, Tarantula, The Incredible Shrinking Man, It Came from Outer Space, The Creature From the Black Lagoon and Invasion of The Body Snatchers. Or might get the cheaper but similar 4 disc set and Tarantula on its own since its about a fiver.

Triangle
The Crazies
Splinter

Haven't watched any of them yet

Lilith wrote:

Triangle
The Crazies
Splinter

The Crazies - Original or Remake?. You can lose i suppose both are pretty decent.

Vasquez wrote:
Lilith wrote:

Triangle
The Crazies
Splinter

The Crazies - Original or Remake?. You can lose i suppose both are pretty decent.

The remake [didn't know there was an original] is pretty decent indeed. Radha Mitchell is excellent like she always is.

kXnPunk wrote:
Vasquez wrote:
Lilith wrote:

Triangle
The Crazies
Splinter

The remake [didn't know there was an original] is pretty decent indeed. Radha Mitchell is excellent like she always is.

The original was directed by Romero between Night and Dawn of the Dead. I suppose u can see it as his alternate take on a concept similar to his zombie films. Where as he was commentating on Racism in Night The Crazies (1973) was a more direct criticism on the military-industrial complex (perhaps in the direct aftermath of the Vietnam war?) where the American military where trying to 'contain communism'. In The Crazies they were trying to quarantine a virus by strong military force. Red alert indeed. The remake is indeed one of the better one of the last ten years. Id put it up there with ISOYG or close to The Hills Have Eyes as remakes go.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-09-03 06:19:11)

I didn't know there was an original either! Now I'm gonna have to find it tongue

^^^
Yeah same for me.
Thanks for these marvellous infos Vasquez!!!

I preferred the remake over the original, the original is all over the place for the most part. But I got a two pack with the remake and original tongue

^Yeah i can see a lot of people preferring the remake over the original

While i have heard the original was a relatively good movie i have also heard it doesn't come close to his original zombie trilogy. Romero's 1979 take on vampires, Martin is likely superior to it aswell. I have yet 2 see that though aswell as the original Crazies.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-09-03 10:42:14)

I love Romero's The Crazies.  A very under-rated flick.  It does seem a tad dated (it was made for pennies in 1973, whaddaya expect?) but like Romero's zombie flicks, it's about society turning on itself and an indictment on the military.  It even breaks a couple taboos (the Richard Liberty/Lynn Lowry sub-plot will make your skin crawl). 

Like Night of the Living Dead, Romero uses imagery to evoke the Viet Nam War, with infected citizens plodding through open fields recalling soldiers milling through rice paddies, and even makes his lead character and his best friend Viet Nam veterans.  But I won't go into much more detail; folks should really check it out themselves.

That said, I don't think the remake measures up all that well.  Like the Dawn remake, it does away with Romero-esque allegory and comes off as just another modern "infected" movie.  I'm a big fan of Tim Olyphant (dude's amazing on the show Justfied) and I LOVE me some Radha Mitchell, but the film could have, and should have, gone deeper.  My two cents.

Nothing will ever beat Night Of The Living Dead. It's soooo well done considering what tech he had to work with in that time.

I picked up the Feast Collection (never seen any of them before, but I heard they were good), Wind Chill (I think I remember seeing this one) and I'll be getting some more movies off Amazon later today tongue

I enjoyed the first one pretty much, haven't seen the others. YET!!! big_smile

Earlier on today Amazon was telling me that a order I was trying to place was going to dispatch between the 10th of September and the 13th, and I was like "The f*ck is that about?" now I go back on and it's telling me it will dispatch tomorrow. No idea what that was about but hey, least it's better! tongue

What I bought on Amazon:

*Grave Encounters (suppose to be real good)
*Combat Shock
*Braindead
*Slumber Party Massacre

I'm happy with the ones I bought big_smile

^^^
Grave is great indeed but now Brain Dead, WHAT A GREAT movie!!! Friggin' ROCKS!!!

Yeah Braindead is just an amazing movie!

"I kick arse for the lord" lol

Is Grave Encounters good, yes? I hope so. It was cheap so I grabbed it.

Vasquez wrote:

Romero's 1979 take on vampires, Martin is likely superior to it aswell.

A mate gave that to me a little while ago but I haven't had time to watch it yet. I've specificly kept this weekend free for R&R so I can feel a horror movie marathon coming on smile

I just got a disc set of 50 classic horror films. Like everything from the silent films to the late 60's horror. Got it at Walmart for $10. Got hours of things to watch. Sadly I loaned it to a friend who I won't see for a month.

Piranha 3DD (Blu-ray)
Anatomy
Hack!

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

Yeah Braindead is just an amazing movie!

"I kick arse for the lord" lol

Is Grave Encounters good, yes? I hope so. It was cheap so I grabbed it.

Best line of the whole movie. Hehehe

If you love weird stuff going on and cool scares yeah. But you HAVE to like Blair Which style camera.

Halloween 2
Halloween 4
Halloween 5
Halloween H20