Re: Movies You Just Bought

I plan to get that today.  Excellent film.

Goon wrote:

To Answer Mr. Black I have never seen it. But I take it that it is one of his under rated films that has kind of like an underground following all its own..

On the DVD front I picked up a non horror title V for Vendetta.. Fantastic film..

its actually been held on to by paramount and they wont' release it. i'm getting a different copy.

on another note picked up The Last House on the Left and Land of the Dead unrated today

I ordered me a copy of City Of Rott, Hopefully i'll get that next week sometime. Have any of you seen it?.

I've seen a screener of it.. Great movie.. I guess the new release will have more footage in it.. Its like an adult cartoon with tons of gore and crazy zombies.. You should like it Norrock.. Let me know what you think when you see it..

I just picked up saw, saw 2, and 2001 maniacs for like 20 bux.  I love the scene with Eli Roth and the armedillo in 2001 maniacs, cracks me up everytime i watch it.

TiM, ya should have waited for SAW 2.  An urated 2 disc edition comes out in Oct.  But then again I'm a special features whore tongue

Heh yea I knew they were going to release that Uncut Saw 2 disc.. They did the exact same thing with Saw and I'm not gonna fall for the same trick twice.

I just never picked up SAW cause i kept forgetting to tongue  I just stumbled upon the unrated cut by accident in Best Buy.  And knowing that...decided to wait for an unrated for this.

damnit....well i could still pick it up, but as you and I both know I have a lot of others i need to pick up smile

Just bought Homecoming, It was a nice little zombie treat, I just wish they would have ate meat.

I just picked up American Psycho Uncut Edition and High Tension Unrated.. They were on sale at Best Buy for $3.99 each.. Now that is what I call a DEAL!

I need to get my ass down to best buy!  That is one of the best deals ive ever heard of.  High tension is a great movie, never seen american psycho.

I agree with Zelda, gotta get SILENT HILL, I am a BIG fan of the game.
last movie I bought was dvd of BRAVEHEART, I think last horror I bought was LAND of the DEAD.

Just picked up The Texas Chainsaw Massacre '74: Special Edition for 4.99, Creepshow for 3.99, and The Last House on the Left for 9.99 all brand new.  I feel relieved, got a great deal...

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-08-12 10:27:58)

I got THE MANGLER during my week of looking at colleges and visiting family.

Just picked up Devils Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses, and High Tension for 25 bux new and my local rental store.  Sadly I didnt get the Devils Rejects 2 disc special edition, i just got the directors cut version.

I saw the Blind Dead set sellin' for $100, is it worth it?

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-08-13 23:41:01)

Dude...you can find Blind Dead for A LOT cheaper.  Its at Best Buy for about $70 and I do recommend it for a zombie fan.

Thats just is, I've heard good and bad things from multiple perspectives and being that it is certainly not cheap I'd like to find out if it is really even worth it for me to go out and buy it.

Well, they are a different sort of zombie films.  I personally like them then again there might be others who don't.  If you have Netflix they probably have at least one of them.

yah I have Netflix.  I checked it out and they have all of the movies that come in the set.  So i'll probrably watch them all before I go out and buy it.

Just got: The Descent (Uk version) has a way better ending than the one in theatres
              Severed: forest of the dead- not bad, pretty good zombie flick
              Vampire wars- vampires in space? still pretty good
              Final Destination 3- Not as good as the first two but I liked it, nice and gory

Yea I think I have talked about the Blind Dead series on here before.. I think you should definetly watch them first before slapping down a load of cash.. I wish I could have had that oppurtunity. But than again I got a REALLY good deal on mine right around $48..

I bought Halloween 25 Years of Terror today and I am gonna get Masters of Horror JENIFER on Friday when I see Snakes on a Plane.  I also just ordered THE KEEP.

Heads up, you can preorder the Stephen King 3 pack from DDD for $11.99.
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemid=ABD014971

It includes:
Creepshow 2
Quicksilver Highway
Children of The Corn

I didn't really care for Quicksilver Highway, but even if you throw that out, getting Children and Creepshow for $6.00 a piece is pretty good in my book.

im not sure which of the creepshows i own. But i really didnt enjoy it that much. Children of the Corn though scared the crap out of me as akid.