Re: Movies You Just Bought

Whats the differences on the unrated and rated Saw and Saw 2 films?

Hell yea!  I'd pay 12 bux for Creepshow 2 and Children of the Corn (Considering I already own Creepshow).  Never heard of Quicksilver Highway though.

just picked up final destination 3 and silent hill..i have to say that silent hill rocked and destination was alright.

Got another sale for you:
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/promotio … amp;page=0

Perhaps we should add a sale thread.
Anyway, DDD has a buy one get one free sale right now which includes the AnchorBay 6 packs, so you can get 12 movies for $20.99.

Here are some highlights:
FRIGHT PACK-CAMPY CLASSICS -ELVIRA MISTRESS OF THE DARK, RETURN OF THE KILLER TOMATOES, RETURN TO HORROR HIGH, SLEEPAWAY CAMP, TRANSYLVANIA 6-5000, and VAMP

FRIGHT PACK-DEVIL MADE ME DO IT - HELL NIGHT, CURSE OF THE DEVIL, THE ANTICHRIST, TO THE DEVIL A DAUGHTER, THE CHURCH, and FEAR NO EVIL.

MAN'S WORST FRIENDS - PARASITE, THE BLACK CAT, SLUGS, THE CAT O'NINE TAILS, ZOLTAN: HOUND OF DRACULA, and RATS NIGHT OF TERROR

FRIGHT PACK-WALKING DEAD - HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD, DEAD HEAT, NIGHTMARE CITY, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE, HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY

Granted some of the movies in these sixpacks are barely worth the $1.75 you are paying for them, but there are a lot of good ones. They also have lot of other DVD's like the Dawn Ultimate Edition. It is worth checking out.

I have the fright pack - walking dead and its well worth the money.  Its a great set and the only movie I dont like in it is Hell of the living dead.  I have been looking into getting all the other sets becasue they all look pretty good, especially the campy classics set.

Whats the quality like to those sets? Were they taken from good transfers?

From the one I have, the quality has so far been terrific.  On, I think only Hell of the living Dead, the dubbing is really bad.  But doesnt really matter, becasue thats the worst movie in the set.

I just got Meet the Feebles today smile.  A completely crazy and dirty and very enjoyable film by everyone's fav Prince of Gore turned Lord of the Rings Peter Jackson.

DemonToSome wrote:

Oh yea they are about as good as they are going to get. well beside maybe a HD treatment or something like that. They are all Anchor Bay releases if that helps you out.. They all come in their original packaging from when they were released solo just packaged up into a box that looks like a six pack of beers..

Walking Dead is worth its price for Let Sleeping Corpses Lie alone.. Not to mention some of the other fantastic films included in the set..

Yea, let sleeping corpses lie is worth it all the way...but IMO all of the other films are great sept' hell of the living dead.

Awww, meet the feebles is terrific movie

Last edited by TiM the Zombie (2006-08-26 20:35:17)

Goon wrote:
DemonToSome wrote:

Oh yea they are about as good as they are going to get. well beside maybe a HD treatment or something like that. They are all Anchor Bay releases if that helps you out.. They all come in their original packaging from when they were released solo just packaged up into a box that looks like a six pack of beers..

Walking Dead is worth its price for Let Sleeping Corpses Lie alone.. Not to mention some of the other fantastic films included in the set..

I haven't bought any of these sets yet since I already have some of those movies.
I already own..
RETURN TO HORROR HIGH
SLEEPAWAY CAMP
HELL NIGHT
THE ANTICHRIST
THE CHURCH
FEAR NO EVIL
CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD
LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE
HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY
CAT O'NINE TAILS

Are any of these other movies included any good?
PARASITE
THE BLACK CAT
SLUGS
ZOLTAN: HOUND OF DRACULA
RATS NIGHT OF TERROR
HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD
DEAD HEAT
NIGHTMARE CITY
ELVIRA MISTRESS OF THE DARK
RETURN OF THE KILLER TOMATOES
TRANSYLVANIA 6-5000
DEVIL MADE ME DO IT
VAMP
CURSE OF THE DEVIL
TO THE DEVIL A DAUGHTER

I've seen a couple of them but wasn't too impressed. (Vamp, HOTLD)
Would it be worth it for me to get any of these sets?
I seem to be lacking most from the MAN'S WORST FRIENDS pack.

Last edited by Nosferatu (2006-08-26 23:54:46)

No use in getting the walking dead set considering you have most of the good movies in that set.  I dont have any other set but I've seen almost all of them and a lot of the movies in a mans best friend set look to be pretty good along with the campy classics and devil made me do it.

Thanks Tim, I'll keep that in mind.

just picked these up today
The Thing Collector's Edition
Creepshow 2
Friday the 13th Ultimate Edition box set.

No problem.  Nice picks by the way...all films that I need haha.  Is the Friday the 13th ultimate edition box set the one that comes with eight movies?  I think its titled from crystal lake to manhattan.  If so you got to to me how it is, I've been looking at it for a while now.

Yes it has all eight Paramount releases (2 on each disc) and a bonus disc with deleted scenes, interviews, trailers and more. I figured it was worth getting for the extras and since I only had the first four on dvd and would had to have payed just as much to get the rest of them.

Ooo, for some reason I had thought they each came with there original packaging and seperate boxes for each film.  Thanx Nos.

http://content.imagesocket.com/images/4022fa6.jpg

Picked it up yesterday from a Blockbuster Previously Viewed bin for the low, low price of $4.99. Haven't watched it yet.

Thanks for the info on the sets. Sounds good and Anchor Bay usually has the best quality thats out there IMO

Definatly agree with you on Anchor Bay Demon. 

DESPITE their complete screwup of the Masters of Horror DVDs with the covers.  Though the way they do the text I like.

Over at Dread Central, Haekel's Tale cover is up.

http://dreadcentral.com/index.php?name= … mp;sid=331

I hate it...spare for the small MoH stamp on the corner you can't tell that it is MoH.  But, I really dig the title text. 

Other than the MoH cover screwups....Anchor Bay definatly is one of the best DVD companies.

Gerry Todd wrote:

Picked it up yesterday from a Blockbuster Previously Viewed bin for the low, low price of $4.99. Haven't watched it yet.

Hey Gerry let me know what you think of Manhattan Baby.. I haven't seen that one yet but I'm tempted to pick up a two fer that includes that movie and The New York Ripper..

The last movie I bought:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j155/dobedobe_2006/burningDVDsmaller.jpg

Silent Hill - and it's going straight to Ebay.

-deadmanwalkin

i agree deadmanwalkin, silent hill is a really bad movie IMO

Just picked up Fright Night 2 and Salon Kitty. Not sure if Salon Kitty would be considered horror, but from what I have heard it is pretty horrific.

Also, Life of Brian, but thats a comedy.

Life of Brian is an excellent movie, no doubts about it.

Man I don't know. How come you horror fanatics hate Silent Hill so much?
I haven't seen it yet.