Topic: My tumor has teeth!

I have something to share with my horror family.  For about the last year I have been suffering from unrelenting abdominal pain.  I had a CT two weeks ago which revealed about a fist size cyst that has taken over my left ovary.  Now for the weird part...
It's called a mature teratoma.  I was born with it and basically had it my entire life.  If you have never heard of a teratoma they contain all different kinds of tissue, including teeth.  So basically I have a cyst that has teeth and hair and who knows what else in my left ovary.  Next Tuesday I have to have my entire left ovary removed.  My doctor says Mike and I should have no trouble when we are ready to have kids.  I am naturally a little scared.  To be honest though when I found out my cyst had teeth I wanted it out like right now.  The girls at work refer to it as munchkin.  My friend Stacey said that's what I got for watching all the horror movies.

So keep your fingers crossed for me or pray for me or whatever you choose.

The best part is I get two weeks off work!

Re: My tumor has teeth!

So, would that be your little Cyst-er?:D

OMG that's a good one MQ! lol

So sorry to hear about that Dee. I'm pretty sure everything will go well. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

good luck with your surgery, big sis big_smile

best to you. heal quick and heal well. we studied tumors in bio last quarter and teeth, hair and nails (finger or toe) will crop up within them sometimes. so weird how the body works.

good luck sweetness..my prayers our with you wink

Everything will be okay and you will come out fine. Trust me, I survived a gunshot from a 45 caliber bullet and you will survive this.;)

RIP, Do we really wanna know?

Yeah, I kinda do.

Dee, are you going to have internet access on your off time?  I wanna hear how things are going, and someone's gonna have to keep you laughing through this.   And of course, prayers are with you.

Last edited by Mirthquake (2007-09-05 12:07:11)

oh yeah i will be at home with Mike taking care of me and if i can't get on here i will make sure Mike does.  if anyone can make me laugh you can MQ!

watch out it could turn into your twin and try to kill everybody like in that movie "the dark half" tongue seriously hope everything goes well but i dont see you having much problems as it sounds very normal like removing a kidney so the procedure should be smooth

You know I saw a story about this on Discovery I think it was.. Some lady in a third world country had one and everyone just thought she was pregnant. She walked around like that for something like 30 years.. Finally when they took it out it looked like a little person had been growing inside her.. It had all kinds of human features but it looked more like a carnival side show kind of thing.. Crazy..

Well good luck.. I hope everything works out for the best.. If they can perform that kind of surgery in a third world country safely, I think you should be OK..

Goon wrote:

You know I saw a story about this on Discovery I think it was.. Some lady in a third world country had one and everyone just thought she was pregnant. She walked around like that for something like 30 years.. Finally when they took it out it looked like a little person had been growing inside her.. It had all kinds of human features but it looked more like a carnival side show kind of thing.. Crazy..

Well good luck.. I hope everything works out for the best.. If they can perform that kind of surgery in a third world country safely, I think you should be OK..

goons moral of the story -dont let it grow a long time inside of you or its going to look like that mutant leader quato in "total recall"

The funny thing is Goon I saw the same show and was fascinated.  So when I found out about mine I was like OMG I have one too.  My mom freaked.  She is convinced it's my twin brother.   

Thanks guys for all the well wishes!

Don't worry Dee, you'll be just fine.  I know that must be a little scary but soon it will be over and you can put it behind you.  Take care and my prayers are with you.

All the best to ya Epi. I wouldn't want something inside of me that had teeth either wink

Hope ur feel better Dee=(

The Epitome of Fear wrote:

The funny thing is Goon I saw the same show and was fascinated.  So when I found out about mine I was like OMG I have one too.  My mom freaked.  She is convinced it's my twin brother.   

Thanks guys for all the well wishes!

You... You... ATE YOUR BROTHER?! 

lol

Hope everything turns out good for you Dee and don't forget that the Falcons are gonna stomp the Aints and your soon to be hubby will owe me 2 dvds after the whoopings.

MQ you say I ate my brother and I think about those teeth waking up and chewing a hole through my belly and escaping kinda like Basket Case except twin brother inside instead of outside.

I'm sorry Ripper I can't see your post too well I am laughing so hard there are tears in my eyes and it's kinda blurry.  Yes I agree the Saints are gonna destroy the Falcons and you will have to sing a Celine Dion song at our wedding. tongue

goons moral of the story -dont let it grow a long time inside of you or its going to look like that mutant leader quato in "total recall"

omg dude, that wrong... but funny as hell!!!!

best of wishes to u. ill be preaying to the gods for you to feel well and for everything to go good.

That is pretty wild girl tongue those kinda operations aren't as bad as you think they are, just take it real easy for a few weeks. No playing super woman wink
Do you get to keep the teeth? You could wear them and start a trend!!

The Epitome of Fear wrote:

oh yeah i will be at home with Mike taking care of me and if i can't get on here i will make sure Mike does.  if anyone can make me laugh you can MQ!

your not getting on here until the doc says you can and you will be fine wink

Oh, that would be SO cool, Brewster! And it'd be SO one-of-a-kind!  EVERYONE would want a Cyst then!

See if you can at least post pics!

I can already see the  "Meat my Cyst-er!" thread!  big_smilelol

I am gonna ask Dr Suiter to take lots of pics and I totally wanna keep a few.  I saw a pic of one that had a giant molar sticking out of it.  But I am kinda iffy on keeping it.  Part of me wants to keep it in a jar and part of me doesn't.  Maybe it's like Skincarver said and it's like the Dark Half and that's the part of me that wants to keep it.  Ya'll are totally making me feel better about this whole ordeal.