Topic: Bloody Reunion- South Korea's best slasher?

I just watched another Tartan Asia Extreme release, and this one was different from many of my previous films I saw by them.  This one was actually a slasher film from South Korea called Bloody Reunion.  Most their releases have been dealing with ghosts and supernatural evils, so this was a change of pace.  Ultimately, Bloody Reunion is a pretty good slasher film.  Probably the best foreign slasher since High Tension...but not quite that good.  It could have been so much more but it's third act fell apart.  If this hadnt happened it may have been truely great.  It is definately a must view for any 80's slasher fan as it has that feel, but dont expect the ending to leave you feeling satisfied.  Check out my full review for more: http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_reviews_2707.htm

Here is the theatrical trailer.  Unfortunately no english subtitles, but it is still pretty cool.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAYfSQn-Peo[/youtube]

Here is the teaser trailer....I put this teaser on here because it is really sweet but it  actually has nothing to do with the film...oh yeah and Bloody Reunion was origionally titled To Sir With Love, so thats why that title is given. 
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyMJ4zA15tg[/youtube]

Re: Bloody Reunion- South Korea's best slasher?

I am thinking of buying this dvd this weekend then on amazon.com:D

RIP, I would highly, highly recommend it.  This has been my favorite Tartan release in quite a while.

i was thinking about picking this up, too

jmh great review and that first trailer is DAMN creepy!

I actually bought this movie last week and watched it on Sat. And i gotta say i loved this movie from start to finish. There are twists and turns but i definitely enjoyed it and thought i made a great choice in buying it too.

DrChannard wrote:

RIP, I would highly, highly recommend it.  This has been my favorite Tartan release in quite a while.

I'm definitely gonna buy this dvd next week for sure or maybe this weekend on amazon.com.

Well I just got my dvd of Bloody Reunion in the mail today and can't wait to watch it tonight.:cool:

I was acutually really impressed by this one, best asian horror movie i've seen in a long time, highly reccomended

Well I just watched this last night and I really did enjoy it. The ending was tad confusing but I understand it. The kills and gore were well done in it.

ya gotta love the rabbit mask !

Was this one with Sandman on the net or was that another movie?

i seen this at Circuit City today for 17.99 but i dident pick it up...i was going for the cheaper movies, but i really wanna see this one

BASSI wrote:

Sandman? LOL, no...you gotta be thinking of another film.:lol:

RIP wrote:
BASSI wrote:

i was thinking of The Bloody Beach! !

BASSI wrote:
RIP wrote:
BASSI wrote:

i was thinking of The Bloody Beach! !

I've never seen Bloody Beach before but I want to.