Topic: Brian Keene

Okay I was goofing around on the internet and I read that in 2009 or 2010 that they will be making Brian Keene's book The Rising into a movie? I'm excited. I love that book and City Of The Dead. I love all his books. Can't wait.

Re: Brian Keene

Yeah, I think "The Rising" is already in the works.  It's also a possibility that "City of the Dead" will get the adaptation treatment as well.  Gonna need a hell of a budget, but I think it can be done.  I'm excited.

oh yeah!!!:P Keene rules!!

I so want to see these books made into movies smile

Last edited by Tina12312 (2007-09-11 17:27:21)

I know I love those books and the movies will be freaking awesome!

I accidently read City Of The Dead before The Rising so the story was a bit wierd, but I couldn't put it down. I heard The Rising is very good! I'm going to try and get my hands on it - I'm sure t will connect the dots!

Last edited by ZombieGrrL (2008-04-23 00:11:29)

ZombieGrrL wrote:

I accidently read City Of The Dead before The Rising so the story was a bit wierd, but I couldn't put it down. I heard The Rising is very good! I'm going to try and get my hands on it - I'm sure t will connect the dots!

The Rising is a must read, if you loved CoTD, you really need to check that one out. 

His other book "Dead Sea", was great too.

I'm just finishing up TERMINAL.  The guy has a great ear for dialogue.

Mirthquake wrote:

I'm just finishing up TERMINAL.  The guy has a great ear for dialogue.

I read that book a couple of months ago.  It was kinda like the The Green Mile with a twist and a better ending.  Really good book.

Yeah I just finished it last night... too bad Sam Peckinpah's dead.  HE mighta been a good director for the film version, though I doubt he'd have any patience for teh chav leads.

It kinda played out like a twisted postmodern Dog Day Afternoon... and you're right... TERRIFIC ending!

Skips around happy that Mirth likes his first taste of Keene cool

Mirthquake wrote:

Yeah I just finished it last night... too bad Sam Peckinpah's dead.  HE mighta been a good director for the film version, though I doubt he'd have any patience for teh chav leads.
!

What's not to like about a character with a nickname like Carpet Dick?:lol:

Yeah, but Peckinpaugh'd have no patience for Tommy or Sherm and plug them himself.   

I can hear him reading the script... "'What up Holmes?' There's no f*ckin' 'Holmes' in this story! 'How's it hangin...Dawg?!'  What teh F*ck is this cockamamie horseshit?!  What's he supposed to F*ckin' be, Deputy f*ckin' Dawg? Here, boy, Here's a gun, go shoot something before I shoot you.  (muttering) F*ckin' Hollywood Horseshit..."  lol

I need to read more Brian Keen books. I was going to buy Dead Sea and Dark Hallow or Hollow. I know it's one of those. I need to get on Amazon.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:

The Rising is a must read, if you loved CoTD, you really need to check that one out. 

His other book "Dead Sea", was great too.

I definitely will smile

I read Dead Sea straight after and you're right, it was a great read! Loved it!

I think I'm going to buy Dead Sea next week when I get my money. YEAH!

DrFrank wrote:

I think I'm going to buy Dead Sea next week when I get my money. YEAH!

Excellent smile Let us know what you think about it! smile Maybe make a new "Dead Sea" thread!