Topic: Best Big Summer Blockbuster

Okay, with the summer now over.  I've listed basically the major all studio releases of the summer, so like the big tent-pole movies that they had a lot riding on and the ones expected to earn the most dough.  Some are good, some are bad and some are shitty emo fests (guess which one that is)....but which one is your favorite blockbuster of the summer?

My vote: TRANSFORMERS!

NOTE: I know there are a few more out there, but this summer was very weird compared to others where you have so many huge films coming out this summer and in others you might only have four or maybe 5 tops big films and there just wasn't enough room.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2007-09-13 23:17:49)

Re: Best Big Summer Blockbuster

Transformers, HP 5 is a very close second

Transformers!!!!

which one is the emo fest? i haven't seen any of these movies yet but am most looking forward to seeing transformers.

Spider-Man 3 is the emo fest imo.

Peter Parker mopes his way through most of the movie and when the alien symbiot comes in contact with him, instead of making him evil...it makes him an asshole with an emo haircut and acting....AMH...you have to see it to believe it.  Its not cheesy bad...its cringing bad after what seems like a promising start in the first 20min or so.

Oh, as well as Venom is only in the last 20minutes.

I cannot understand how that movie cost upwards of $300million.

thanks simatar. that's too bad cause spiderman 2 rocked.

I haven't seen any of them so I can't vote on it.

transformers, hands down.

I'm proud of myself, I only saw 1.  It was Pirates 3 and it was a big disappointment so I null my vote.

Although, if I had to take a wild guess, I'd say I'd probably enjoy Ratatouille the most.

Last edited by DrChannard (2007-09-14 17:25:22)

DrChannard wrote:

I'm proud of myself, I only saw 1.  It was Pirates 3 and it was a big disappointment so I null my vote.

Although, if I had to take a wild guess, I'd say I'd probably enjoy Ratatouille the most.

I have parts 1 and 2 of Pirates on dvd so I will wait to rent part 3 before I watch it if it wasn't that good.

lol, i only saw pirates 3... so i had to vote for it.

I haven't seen any of those but I will see Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and Spider-Man 3 eventually.

I went with Pirates. I didn't make time to go see Transformers, if I had I probably would have voted for that one.

had to go with the Simpsons movie as a huge fan of them so....i just watched the transformers dvd it was pretty good except the shamless ad's for Chevy & E-bay anyways, but all in all was funny and had good action, the only other one i seen was Harry Potter 5, i can't wait to see spiderman 3 and the new Die Hard!!!

Yeah I really liked Transformers. I think the reason I ended up liking it so much was because it had such a sense of fun and didn't try to deliver something it couldn't.