Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

21 Jump Street - so funny

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/Animated/Dontsaythatagain.gif

lol

Yeah, didn't like it.  HATED what they did with Depp and DeLuise.  I took that whole flick as a slap in the face to Jump Street fans such as myself. hmm

Duck, You Sucker AKA A Fistful of Dynamite:  Highly recommend. An absolute masterpiece and highly underrated in my opinion. Very artsy looking in some parts but doesn't lose pacing.

Highlights: James Coburn does a great job as an IRA revolutionary. Lots of action and a strong story. Rod Steiger in the last half of the movie is fantastic.

Cons:  Steiger in the first half comes off as a Tony Montana type. Accent killed me.

The Torture Never Stops (Frank Zappa live at the Palladium 1981).

DIE a film fom my dear Quebec and it surprised me, that's not the kind of movie we normally do here. It was great and with Elias Koteas in it, you can't go wrong. 8/10

Precious. One of my fav mainstream films.

Out For Justice

Rampage..Surprisingly an excellent film from Uwe Boll

^^^
I like everything I've seen from him. ESPECIALLY BLOODRAYNE which I just dig.

Yesteday night, I watched the freaking AMAZING KABOOM. Full of mystery, fun and H3LL, Haley Bennett and Juno Temple are in it so... A very, very wild story and movie.

Kuffs (1992)-  Starring C. Slater & (sexy) M. Jovovich. 6.5/10

Funny you mention miss Jovovich, just finished watching DIRTY GIRL which feature Milla playing Juno Temple's mom. Great movie with a great story. Damn Juno made me cry like a baby. I'm always very emotional. BUT I'm assuming it. lol

I love me some Milla.  Haven't seen Kuffs in forever.  If memory serves, she was only seventeen when she filmed that.

Just finished watching FAST FREAKING 5 and man, was soooo cool to see Dom, Brian, Mia and especially Han back. I was sad when he died in Tokyo Drift. I'm addicted to Fast & Furious movies. I wish they'll keep coming out with new ones, I could watch them for centuries!!! Hahahaha big_smile

CARNAGE
Man I laughed like a madman while watching this freaking MASTERPIECE.
The actors [Jodie Foster, Kate Winslet, Christoph Waltz and John C. Eilly] are incredible. The way they throw insults at each others is brilliant.
An amazing script and amazing director, Roman Polanski.
HIGHLY recommended. I give it a 10/10
Was really a nice hour and a half of my life spent watching this.

Step Brothers

As I'm a huge fan of greek mythology, Wrath Of The Titans was perfect for me.

6 Bullets....Van Damme's gettin old but i like his straight to dvd flicks better than the mainstream films he put out

Men in Black 3.

Enh...

Boyz in the Hood

SPARTAN
One of the first appearances of Kristen Bell which is one that I love madly in everything she's done aside Val Kilmer, as good as ever.
Cool story.Not a masterpiece but still very enjoyable. Loved the line I need a cigarette, can you produce one??? Produce a cig, lol Weird way to ask for a smoke. 8/10

True Romance

King of Beggars (1992).  Hadn't seen this one in a while.  Starring Stephen Chow as a rich boy who embarks to become the greatest kung fu fighter in order to win a woman's heart, but the contest is rigged and he's sentenced by the emperor to be a beggar for the rest of his life.  Typical Chow comedy wu xia flick -- which is to say, it's funny as hell and full of slapstick martial arts fights.

The Social Network which I just got today on DVD.
Being a Facebook addict, I litteraly LIVE in there so you can bet that of course I enjoyed it a lot.
Always loved Jesse Eisenberg very much and same here. 8.5/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-09-06 19:14:14)

LoudLon wrote:

King of Beggars (1992).  Hadn't seen this one in a while.  Starring Stephen Chow as a rich boy who embarks to become the greatest kung fu fighter in order to win a woman's heart, but the contest is rigged and he's sentenced by the emperor to be a beggar for the rest of his life.  Typical Chow comedy wu xia flick -- which is to say, it's funny as hell and full of slapstick martial arts fights.

I watched this on Netflix last week and enjoyed it too.

Vasquez wrote:

Precious. One of my fav mainstream films.

That movie was way too rough for me.  I'll admit I cried like a baby watching that and hated every minute of it.  It was my sister's pick, not mine.  I watched Limitless the other night.  It was alright, but nothing special.

Underdog wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

I watched this on Netflix last week and enjoyed it too.

Chow's made a lot of fun flicks, Undie.  If you haven't seen them, I'd also recommend Shaolin Soccer, Kung Fu Hustle, God of Cookery and Fight Back to School, for starters.  His particular brand of comedy may be broad and zany (it's actually called "mo lei tau", or "makes no sense" comedy) but hey, funny is funny.