Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

Hot Rod, a very weird but highly enjoyable comedy. 8/10

Rewatched the excellent BAND SLAM with the cute as mad Vanessa Hudgens and I always enjoy this flick. And the scene where they go to the CBGB is great. Always LOVED that place been there very often, all the best Punk bands played in there. Too bad it's closed. Now us Punkers have no more home... sad

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-09-08 18:28:12)

I was upset when I learned CBGB's was closing down.  I'd never been there but it was on my "one of these days" list.  Alas...

Gamer- what a weird movie!

LoudLon wrote:

I was upset when I learned CBGB's was closing down.  I'd never been there but it was on my "one of these days" list.  Alas...

What an amazing place it was. Been there ver, very often. saw like 12-15 bands there and I enjoyed every second of my stay in there.
It was a sad day when it shut down.

Dirty Girl, weird indeed. Did you enjoy it???

Safe, with Jason Stratham.  Basically a gangster flick.  Not bad.   6/10

Southern Comfort (1981) -- Platoon meets Deliverance. 7/10

Just finishing now on the tube.

K19. 13/10
Ford and Neeson are amazing actors by themselves. Add an amazing script, very emotional lines full of great respect and surprises and you got a freaking bomb of a movie.

Love Submarine movies. Abyss, Das Boot to name a few. Must have been a submariner in another life. LOL lol

The Vow... the things my gf makes me watch lol

^^^
I happen to like this movie. Guess my girl side is taking over lol

Watched and laugh hard during this marvel called WHAT WOMEN WANT with the great Mad Max Gibson and the amazing Helen Hunt which I LOVE!!! Been a while I hadn't seen it and it was as the other times, a great laugh.

Hitman (1998) starring Jet Li.

The Odd Life Of Timothy Green:  Being that it's a Walt Disney movie, I thought I was in for a treat. The story line sounded o.k.  I have liked most Jennifer Gardner's roles, and she's a cutey pie. Sounded like a good formula, for a good movie.

The first 20 or so min set up the movie good enuf. A nice couple find out from the doctor they can't  have kids. Suddenly a boy about ten yrs old magically shows up in their house. He's everything they wanted in a son. Smart, nice, etc...  All is well again. Except for the fact that their new found son has leaves growing from his ankles. That they can deal with.

Then the movie goes stale. The magic fades. predictability sets in. It's almost like the writer(s) themselves lost interest?

5/10

Dirty Deeds - a alright comedy, entertaining with a fun story but it pretty much failed to make me laugh. 5/10

ice pirates

EASY A
With the fantastic and cute as H3LL Emma Stone. She's soooo funny in this one it's nuts. Love, love, love that girl.

^ Emma Stone, huh...she was half the reason I loved the Amazing Spider-Man lol

She really kicks it up. Everything I've seen her in was a brilliant performance. Like in Zombieland, WOOOAAAHHH!!! smile

Patriot Games: Quite the film really. There's that pre 9/11 feel that is almost eerie to watch now (Royalty having dinner at a house with minimum security). The movie really wins me with Ford's performance and the bit part with Jackson works quite well (having read the book). Clancy doesn't like the adaptation but I can say, it's not too bad. Definitely the Hollywood version of a writer's vision but still works. The average movie goer shouldn't complain about pacing as you are engaged through most of it and some scenes are tough to watch. A disturbing scene in "The War Room" will ring with some with the pictures of the US watching the Osama Bin Laden raid. A very strong and often shelved away movie that I highly recommend.

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (1971)

A lovely film. smile

Meet the Parents - 8.5/10 , always funny big_smile

Rewatched the excellent Ultraviolet this morning and man I love this damn flick. Yeah, it's Milla Jovovich which helps but it's a brilliant story.
9/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-09-15 09:42:46)

spartacus blood and sand

Arthur (2011) Not a bad film at all and I've never watched the original film, which is rated PG. This one, was rated PG-13... Russell Brand was funny in this movie. 7.1/10

Ultraviolet given a 9/10...the Arthur remake given a 7.1/10...I don't know what crazy-ass "sucky movies are now good" world I've woken into, but somebody, please, put me back to sleep! lol

Films of Fury: The Kung Fu Movie Movie--  An animated documentary that pays tribute to martial art films and the their stars. 7/10