Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

kXnPunk wrote:

even in Gigli. Sue me.

You should be getting served any day now...the lawyer says I have a verg stron case.

Bring it on, I hired that Keanu dude from Devil's Advocate, he knows his stuff. lol

FINALLY watching:

Premium Rush!!!

In The Army Now
The Odd Couple

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

FINALLY watching:

Premium Rush!!!

i loved this movie i put it on my watch over and over and never get tired of it list.

i watched dredd yesterday and i also watched lincoln, zero dark thirty, hitchcock and django unchained recently

Watched Star Trek 6. Probably my 3rd time watching it in the 8 1/2 years I've been dating the fella.
He's not into movies but he'll watch the Star Trek ones.

^^^
A Trekie huh??
I like Star Trek Nemesis, not too fan of the rest.
I'm a Star Warsonian so that might explain. big_smile

THE MACHINIST again, what an incredible movie and what a dedication, Bale lost many, many pounds to be the character way skinny dude.
What a story, crazy story.
Remarkable performance.
The whore girl and the waitress mom are insanely cool too. 9.5/10

MoonRaven wrote:

Watched Star Trek 6. .

same here.

^^^
Welcome to H3LL!!!

NATURAL CITY
One of the best Sci-Fi I've seen in my life.
A special force team soldier is in love with a CYborg that's up with her life time. A crazy doc that finds a way to keep the borg alive by taking a cute and brillantly played girl's DNA and stick it in her code.
The images are definitely PERFECT. Top of my list this movie is just under Star Wars and Matrix.
A Korean masterpiece.
Damn gotta LOVE, LOOOOOOVE asian cinema,
666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-16 08:16:04)

Spider-Man 2

Easily the best out of the trilogy. Doc Ock was sinister yet sympathetic at the same time, and I'd say is the only villain in the trilogy done justice. (Green Goblin, Sandman, and Venom imo were too overwhelming and uneccessary)

Noooo GIVE ME BACK my Venom, please!!! lol
But I gotta admit that he rocks a lot. H3LL allSpider-Man's bad guys do anywyas, ALL of them.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-16 10:57:53)

^Yeah Spider-Man has an awesome rogues gallery. I like the Sinister Six because it has Spidey's badass villains in it.

^^^
Yeah he has.
Spipey's a true badass like his villiains. A fav of mine. ^_^

Some of my favorite comics growing up were when Spidey fought against teams.  He's decimated the X-Men, the Avengers, the Sinister Six. the Fantastic Four and others  by himself and made them look like chumps in the process.  One of my favorite times was in Secret Wars issue #3, where he wiped the floor with the entire classic X-men line-up -- Colossus, Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Nightcrawler AND the perpetually and ridiculously over-hyped Wolverine -- and clobbered them senseless.  Even Wolverine himself even commentd how Spidey made them look like amateurs.  Of course not long after Wolverine became more popular and suddenly could fight Spider-Man to a standstill (can't piss off the fans, after all, regardless of how impossible that would be for Wolverine to do) but that's beside the point.

^^^
Yeah great one man.

That Secret Wars stuff what quite an adventure. An awesome one I might add.

And yeah, of course they go bigger so they have to make him look stronger. Damn money again. Gimme back my stuff the way it was capitalist whores!!! sad

The whole Wolverine healing factor thing cracks me up.  When he fought Silver Samurai it took Wolverine months to heal; I have an issue of Captain America where he and Wolverine team up; Wolverine's trying to impale a robot with his claws, and Cap has to smash Wolvie's claws in deeper with his shield.  Cap asks him if he'll be okay, Wolverine says "I will be in a couple hours."

Of course today, Hulk can literally tear Wolverine in half and Cyclops can blast the skin right off his bones, and Wolverine heals right back up.  It's ridiculous; it's a HEALING factor, not "NOTHING IN THE UNIVERSE CAN SLOW ME DOWN" factor.  But back in the day, before he became a fan favorite, Wolverine actually needed time to heal; it'd take him hours to heal from a bullet wound or a deep cut.  Now it's like BANG!  VROOP!  Healed.

Stupid, even for comic books.

LoudLon wrote:

The whole Wolverine healing factor thing cracks me up.  When he fought Silver Samurai it took Wolverine months to heal; I have an issue of Captain America where he and Wolverine team up; Wolverine's trying to impale a robot with his claws, and Cap has to smash Wolvie's claws in deeper with his shield.  Cap asks him if he'll be okay, Wolverine says "I will be in a couple hours."

Of course today, Hulk can literally tear Wolverine in half and Cyclops can blast the skin right off his bones, and Wolverine heals right back up.  It's ridiculous; it's a HEALING factor, not "NOTHING IN THE UNIVERSE CAN SLOW ME DOWN" factor.  But back in the day, before he became a fan favorite, Wolverine actually needed time to heal; it'd take him hours to heal from a bullet wound or a deep cut.  Now it's like BANG!  VROOP!  Healed.

Stupid, even for comic books.

Seems to me it's just another victim of the instant gratification world we live in.

Zero Dark Thirty (2012) - Dull and slow movie through most of it but has some interesting tidbits leading up to the finale, which was cool. Well made and acting flick but after watching all these oscar nominated films I need something with some action in my life lol

7/10

Kill Bill Vol.1 - Bloody Brilliant...I love you QT!!

kXnPunk wrote:

Bring it on, I hired that Keanu dude from Devil's Advocate, he knows his stuff. lol

Lmao! Touche!

Kill Bill Vol. 2 - This one was always my favorite but I actually think I like the first one a smidge more now...this version was "the whole bloody affair" so the showdown at the japanese bar was in full color and uncut in Vol. 1 so maybe that was tbe difference.

Looper (2012)
Had the best explanation of time travel ever.
Young Joe- "How does it work"
Old Joe- "We could sit here all day drawing diagrams on napkins and playing with straws, BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER!

8/10

LoudLon, yeah, why didn't I stay back in the 80s is the question I ask myself everyday when I see the actual comics.
At least Vertigo, Mad Cow and Dark Horse stayed the exact same way.
Which is why I prefer all of them to Marvel & DC.

ChainSaW80, Kill Bill are spectaF*CKINGcular movies.

For me the best 3 scenes are the insanity with the Crazy 88 gang, the fight with O-Ren Ishii one [loved the tak sound and the pacing of the wayer pump] and last but not least the thing that fingers that blows up the heart at Bill, the last one on the list and fight. She did it. Get the lil girl and live happily ever after. QT IS GOD!!! smile

I saw that a bunch of the oldest of you guys, oldest as that signed up a while back that is, have numbers at the end. WTF??? I also see that some new members have them too Psycho, HypnoticDead for exemple.
Ah well never mind, must be into a bad trip to think 'bout that crap. lol

azathoth, 'bout damn time you saw it right??? Or might be because you were somewhere in time that you didn't. This movie, man, ohhh man Emily Blunt oh man!!! smile

PUSH
Bit of backstory first:
Been following that little girl since I first saw her in I Am Sam in 2001 and I saw absolutely every other thing she did up 'til now.
She filled up man, oh wow but she filled up with talent too. H3LL, The Runaways, crap even in Twilight she was sparklingy good. Hahaha
And yeah, in this she's great. The story is very well constructed.
And ohhhhhh CAMILLA BELLE BABY!!!
When A Stranger Call's remake. Nothing more to add really maybe that I prefer it to the old one. Says it all.
I liked that her character was the darkest one of them all. Torch's dude was cool too. Having a rough time with his powers which was funny. The bad ones were freaking maniacs, the screamers specifically. They knew how to break glasses like pretty damn well so imagine your ears in a cinema where I first saw it. OUCH!!! lol
The hider was cool too and man, what a WIIILD plan at the end, crazy.
And a shot of 666/10 for all.
CHEERS!!!

H3LL, gotta put it up on the main site's reviews. wink

EDITINGNATED: Gee no , forgot we're in Mainstream NOT Horror. Watch so many sometimes I get confused. Just hope Hanna Montana won't turn into Horror Hotel even if I liked it. Ball of confusion, that's what the world is today. Well in my head it is. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-18 00:34:48)

ChainSaW80 wrote:

Kill Bill Vol. 2 - This one was always my favorite but I actually think I like the first one a smidge more now...this version was "the whole bloody affair" so the showdown at the japanese bar was in full color and uncut in Vol. 1 so maybe that was tbe difference.

I've yet to see The Whole Bloody affair version, but that reminds me, I've been meaning to see if I can find it for download.

I thought Volume 1 was okay, but nothing I hadn't seen a hundred times before throughout a couple decades of watching HK action and Category III flicks.  Volume 2, though, I really enjoyed; it felt much more like Tarantino to me than Vol 1 did, especially in the surprisingly anti-climactic but still hugely satisfying final showdown between Kiddo and Bill. 

Anyway, off to look around for a copy of The Whole Bloody Affair to download...