Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

Those posts weren't from IMDB, were they?

I wish I had something to say, but your second paragraph gave me a brain fart.

THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY [2012]

Wow man it was great seeing the bunch once again. And Jackson kept on doing awesome stuff. I enjoyed it a whole damn lot.

And I just have one thing to say.

GANDALF RULES ALL!!!

666.666.666/10

HypnoticDead89 wrote:

Those posts weren't from IMDB, were they?

I wish I had something to say, but your second paragraph gave me a brain fart.

No,a lot of them were from theater group sites(I.E. Regal Theaters,Loews Cinema,etc.)

GORILLAS IN THE MIST [1988]

Fun to see Ripley Weaver working with apes. I'm sure this is one that azathoth loves. And he is right to do so because it's absolutely fabulous. She's not as badass as in Alien but she still is a lot in this one. Sweet fun flick with very cute monkeys.

666.666/10

Boyz N The Hood.....I've never seen this one before and it was so good.  I thought it was an accurate portrayal of South Central and Laurence Fishburne was such a good father figure.

I'm a big fan of Boyz N the Hood.  Great flick, and it's my personal favorite Fishburn performance.

Isn't the same dude that did Black Snake Moan the director???
Too lazy to check IMDb. lol

Winner of the 2007 Razzy award for worst movie AND performance.
Well screw them, it's one of my favorite movies EVER.

I KNOW WHO KILLED ME [2007]

Well yes. LINDSAY too sexy gorgeous hot cute LOHAN.
How can I not love it???
What I like the most aside LiLo in this is the extraordinary images. Love the bkue for most of the night shots. The blue rose is pretty kick ass too.
A writer and teacher gets kidnaped and wakes up with an arm and leg missing. But also a completely different personality, the one of a Stripper. Man, that Strip scene is just total drool. Yum. The killer is insanely sick in this and I loved the way everything unfolds through the story. Yep, dig this movie a great damn lot. Like H3LL even. big_smile

666.666.666.666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-17 20:05:42)

Full Metal Jacket
Cool Hand Luke
Eraser

OUTLANDER [2008]

This has got really just about EVERYTHING to please me.
Vikings, Alien EVIL Monster, sexy girl, badass dude [Caviezel is too good], crazy trap set up using the over the top of shield game the played in the party to capture and burn the creature, Spaceships, and wonderfully marvelous sets and images. His sword made with the though as H3LL metal from his ship is AWESOME looking!!! Dig the look of all this shit. characters are all too nice. Brilliant masterpiece. Oh sooo great and insane.

666.666.666/10

THE DEVIL'S DOUBLE [2011]

Hussein was a sick bastard. But extremely intelligent and efficient in his war moves.That's his story.
Irak VS Iran, Dictatorship, war and all with a really over the top way of telling the story. Great acting full of touching and brutal moments.
A really wonderful piece of work that is. One of the best Arab wars I've ever seen.

"If I die, you won't even get a finder out of me but you'll die with me."

666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-19 02:17:26)

about to start:

The Green Mile

^^^
A very unforgetable one.

RIP Big Mike.

Star Trek Into the Darkness

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
A very unforgetable one.

RIP Big Mike.

No doubt, one of my all time favorites and this is the first time I'm watching it since he died, making the end all the more tragic.

kXnPunk wrote:

OUTLANDER [2008]

This has got really just about EVERYTHING to please me.
Vikings, Alien EVIL Monster, sexy girl, badass dude [Caviezel is too good], crazy trap set up using the over the top of shield game the played in the party to capture and burn the creature, Spaceships, and wonderfully marvelous sets and images. His sword made with the though as H3LL metal from his ship is AWESOME looking!!! Dig the look of all this shit. characters are all too nice. Brilliant masterpiece. Oh sooo great and insane.

666.666.666/10

THE DEVIL'S DOUBLE [2011]

Hussein was a sick bastard. But extremely intelligent and efficient in his war moves.That's his story.
Irak VS Iran, Dictatorship, war and all with a really over the top way of telling the story. Great acting full of touching and brutal moments.
A really wonderful piece of work that is. One of the best Arab wars I've ever seen.

"If I die, you won't even get a finder out of me but you'll die with me."

666.666.666/10

i love devils double, one of my fav movies keep meaning to buy it on bluray.He plays two people realy well, one sick bastard.

Argo

anna and the king, love this movie and i love the original the king and i. but jodie foster and chow yun fat were great together in this movie.

^^^
Jodie RULES ALL!!!

BEYOND BORDERS [2003]

An amazing and ultra touching story about a married couple whcih the journalist husband gets kidnaped and the wife searches for him the best she can. The foot on the land mine at the end is extremely hard to finish a story. Owen and Angie Jolie are fantastic.

9/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-05-19 22:32:55)

Anna and the King was the first flick I took my kid's mom to see at the cinema.  That was a good night -- sad movies make chicks randy. big_smile

Dirty Harry.

The Fugitive

Star Trek Into The Darkness... I was pleasantly surprised by this 2nd go at the reborn franchise. I wasn't expecting it to be as good. But they have really got the relationships down from the original series... and created a very good nailbiter action flick in space. I thought JJ went a little overboard with the anamorphic flares. It becomes distracting. The antagonist (I won't drop spoilers for those who haven't seen it) was played perfectly. The plot was well designed. It is science fiction... got to remember... it is fiction. Nicely done. Looks like it's going to make a lot of money so we'll definitely see #3 in the pipeline.

LoudLon wrote:

Anna and the King was the first flick I took my kid's mom to see at the cinema.  That was a good night -- sad movies make chicks randy. big_smile

lol it dint make my wife randy lol, she just said i aint having that many kids lol

The Girl Next Door (2007)

The Shawshank Redemption

ParaNorman 9/10