Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ Yet another great movie I love to death.  Saw it at the cinema opening weekend and thought, damn, who doesn't deserve an Oscar for that flick?  Glad Benecio won for Best Supporting, but really, it could have just as easily gone to Cheadle.  Just an all around great flick.

All of them earned one, Zeta Jones, Douglas and Cheadle were, I think, better than Del Toro.  So great! I can't wait to buy the Criterion blu ray of it and enjoy it that way

Captain America: The First Avenger 9/10
Doctor Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme 7/10
Hulk Vs 10/10

Fast Five

Kill List

THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION [1994]

Man what a freaking amazing movie with just damn phenomenal performances by just about anybody even the ones we don't see often. But Robbins and Freeman, H3LL just utterly BRILLIANT!!!

I loved Dufresne's poster girls a whole lot and was happy that the last one was Rachel, VERY HAPPY!!! lol

Extraordinary story and very good character development has been done on this.

But I wonder if I'd crawl in shit for 500 meters really... Urgh.

666.666.666.666.,666.666/10

SPEED RACER [2008] rewatch

Not many things to say about this one aside that it the Wackovski bros and that Christina Ricci is way too sexy. Great acting, AMAZING effects of course, they did The Matrix so and man, there's a monkey in this. lol

Sarandon is great in this. So is Goodman.

666.666.666/10

X-MEN [2000] rewatch

My favorite of them all without any doubt. Too great.
Magneto is insane, Wolverine rocks, Storm is HOT and my favorite of the characters can't be anyone else than Rogue. I am in total love with Anna Paquin really. Woah in True Blood WOAH!!!

666.666.666/10

Pretty cool week compared to last one tonight. Wonder what the next 2 will be. Hopefully a Horror related one. big_smile

Well looks like it's gonna be another totally kick ass saturday movie night once more. Damn I sure wish everyday was like that. lol

THE KEEPER [2009]

Denis Hopper as a cop that kidnaps the oh so beautiful, sexy, gorgeous, hot and sublime as mad Asia Argento playing a stripper. Yum but not enough of these scenes. Too bad she got attacked by some freak and that the Hopper cop drags her into his home basement too soon. Way too soon. hmm

His points system is just insane.

666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-09 01:12:00)

End Of Watch

FIRED UP! [2009]

A guilty pleasure of mine Cheerleaders movies are and this was a very funny one. Funny and extremely sexy [like most films of that kind]. The scene in the lake where they all get off their clothes was WOOOW!!!
Molly Sims and Sarah Roemer are so cute and pretty damn good.
Eric Christian Olsen is HILARIOUS in this like he is in everything he does. I like this guy.

All and all, a very nice way to wake up lemme tell ya. big_smile

9/10

CHANGELING [2008] rewatch

That to me is the best performance Angie Jolie has ever done. She is just spectacular in this.
A mother's kid disapear and the LAPD brings one back to her that isn't her real child. Then a detective takes care of this. What an amazing story based on a true story which makes it even more touching. WOW, what an incredible movie this is. EVerything is just great. BRAVO!!!

666.666.666.666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-09 20:27:21)

Lincoln

Dredd

THE RUNAWAYS [2010]

First off be aware that my best idol ever is Joan Jett, I worship her totally so a movie about her band couldn't be bad for me at all. No damn freaking way. And seeing the lovely Kristen Stewart play her is just extraordinary, she is just perfectly perfect. PLUS it's got my sweet Dakota Fanning that I love truely passionately since she started. So that film is a true masterpiece to me. Their manager is so funny it's nuts. Yup, one of my favorite movies of all times. Brilliant. big_smile

666.666.666.666.666.666/10

Oh, man, I LOOOOOVE Joan Jett.  If she wasn't gay -- and if I was her type lol --  I'd be all over her.

Hahaha You'd have to wait that I'm finished with her though. lol

after earth, load a crap, m knight should just call it a day hes not made a good movie in years now.

^^^
Shyamalan rules. Loved everything he's done yet.
But nothing he'll do will beat Lady In The Water.

REAL STEEL [2011]

Always loved Robots. Probably because I was raised watching GOLDORAK... big_smile

Now FIGHTING Robots??? I was totally right in. Oh yeah I was.

Great storyline, great acting, damn it's Wolverine Jackman with the sexy Evangeline Lilly and the cute and cool Hope Davis so it rocked.

DAMN I LOVE SCI-FI!!!

Excellent.

666.666.666/10

WALKING TALL [2004]

The freaking kick ass as always Rock, Jaclass Knoxville and the oh so sexy gorgeous hot Ashley Scott that I fell in love with in the TV series Birds Of Prey. Girl rules in everything she does, Dark Angel and Into The Blue to mention a few. So yeah, great acting. The Rock is really gadass. Full of action and gun shots violence which I enjoy. Crazy story too. Very cool hour and a half spent watching this on the tube.

666/10

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-06-12 09:46:20)

Fast and Furious 6

how many times is Michelle Rodriguez going to play a revived "dead" character ?

^^^
Hopefully a lot more. She rocks much more alive than dead!!! big_smile

Judge Dredd 7/10
The Shadow 8/10

The Raid: Redemption
Gets the adrenaline running. 10/10

BUTCH CASSIDY AND THE SUNDANCE KID [1969]

Damn this movie is as old as me. lol
Was cool to see it back, been a really long time.
And damn Newman and Redford are good in this, wonderful.
Gotta looove old Western Classics like this.

My all time favorite Western with Once Upon A Time In The West.

666.666.666/10

Django Unchained...for the first time

Les Miserables (the new one)