Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

^^^
Oh man, YESSSsss!!! Love this one. Showed not so long ago on the TV and everytime, it's a really cool moment spent. smile
Bronson is amazing in this one.

MAID IN MANHATTAN [2002] rewatch

I'm a sucker for great love stories like this.
And for J. Lo too to tell you the truth. Love her as an actress. and love her beauty of course. lol

A maid in a hotel, a politician in his campain, her kid and the right hand of the dude. A cool dog. They fall in love the first time they see each other while she was wearing the clothes of the lady she was claning the room of. He discovers her true identity only at the end.

Lovely character development and great kid/politician relation, kid KNOWS his freaking politics which makes him freak but love him instantly.

Extremely funny.

Always make me go awwww and drop a tear these movies. And this is an excellent one.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-09-08 13:01:02)

kXnPunk wrote:

I'm a sucker for great love stories like this.

Same here.  I may be a full-on horror movie aficionado, but I've always had a soft spot for romantic comedies.  Must be the evil romantic in me. big_smile

Speaking of romantic comedies, have you ever seen High Fidelity, with John Cusack?  One of my absolute favorites.

^^^
Hahaha NO DOUBT possible that it's THE Evil one. lol

Oh yeah, High Fidelity is such a great one.

One I bought not so long ago with my lovely Kristen Bell is WHEN IN ROME with Duhamel, H3LL there's even De Vito in it. Fun and awwwing too. big_smile

Speaking of Kristen Bell, I loved...LOVED, LOVED, LOVED...Forgetting Sarah Marshall.  I've said on the boards before that the first time I watched that flick back in '08, I laughed harder than I'd laughed at any movie in years.  Great, hysterically funny rom-com.

^^^
Now THAT'S A TRUELY WILD ONE!!!

I saw it after having seen her in PULSE 1 which is my favorite of the cool bunch so seeing her in a bikini and being hilarious as mad was a blast. They laugh about Pulse when they get drunk. I dn't know what to think about it though.
And Segel man, what a crazy funny as mad dude he is. His Vamp Puppet show was incredibly cool.

And oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh MILAAA!!!! Ô Mila man....

Admission, starring Paul Rudd and my beloved Tina Fey.  Not an all-out laugh fest, more like a light-hearted drama, but enjoyable enough.  Not for nothin', but few things are sexier than hearing super-nerd-chick Tina Fey drop an F-bomb.  To me, anyway. tongue

NICK AND NORAH'S INFINITE PLAYLIST [2008] rewatch

Man I worship and ADOOORE this movie. Character development, story line, shooting style, funny as mad moments, touching ones, wild ones and with the LOVELY Kat Dennings and the cool as mad Mike Cera. But the drunken Caroline played by Ari Graynor is utterly HILARIOUS. Her barfing telephone and gum falling in the toilet and her picking them back up AND FREAKING PUTTING BACK THE GUM IN HER MOUTH was pretty disturbingly funny. lol

A musical Punk band with 3 guay guys and Nick, a band that you have to follow the clues to know where they'll play, ex boyfriends and girlfriends of Nick and Norah, Norah's dad owner of Electric Ladyland, the well known studio where Hendix, Led Zep and a bunch recorded, poor Nick freaks when she brings him there.

Lovely lines. My favorite one being:
Norah -You know the world is broken but it's up to us to put the pieces back together.
Nick -And what if (they got a thing going with what ifs in this) WE ARE THE PIECES...

Wow.

One of my top movies of all times. Loving it everytime more. A true masterpiece of relationship and friendship and love development. Yup.

And a freaking YUGO CAR from the 80s!!! H3LL YEAH!!!

http://www.filmodeer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Nick-and-Norahs-Infinite-Playlist-Yugo.jpg

ASS KICKING. If you haven't, SEE IT, go, go, go RUN for it!!! big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-09-08 17:51:14)

Insanely great movie weekend it has been. And they closed it off with an insanely amaFREAKINGzing one.

BEYOND BORDERS [2003] rewatch

Clive Owen gets kidnaped and Angie Jolie does all she can to find him. Excellent war drama movie. But THE ENDING man, the freasking crazy sad ending... Anigie exploding in millions of pieces isn't cool to see at all.

But still a very well done marvel. smile

Hotel Transylvania  and Empire Records.  Talk about a young Renee and Liv.

^^^
Oh yesss cute kiddies though. big_smile

What did you think of Hotel Transylvania??? Enjoyed it a lot.

^^
Vamps & I loved it.  Bonus fun- the Wolfman totally reminds me of Wolfy.  smile

Born on the Fourth of July:

What a outstanding performance from, Tom Cruise. It had been at least 10 years since i watched this. Still a great movie.
9/10

I made the heinous mistake of watching Born on the 4th of July about a week before being shipped off to basic training.  I spent the next week terrified, in fear that at some point I was going to end up paralyzed, too.  No bullshit.  One of the most stressful weeks of my life. lol

^^
Yeah, coming from the guy that took out an entire Italian car, walked away, and shit all blowed up behind you...

Or what this guy says...
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37107519.jpg

edit- I'm too old for this shit.  Where the heck are the youngin's to pick up the slack?

Last edited by azathoth (2013-09-09 22:36:17)

Well, you have to bear in mind that most of the hairy stuff I've experienced occurred during or subsequent to my stint in the Army.  All the way up to the day I arrived at basic training, I'd never been anything but a comic book-reading, superhero-drawing, nerdy little film fanatic momma's boy. 

I didn't go bad-ass 'til I was 19. big_smile

^^
Yeah, I'll get back to you if/when/(whoAmIkidding) I level up to Badass.

Wake me up when you get there.

On a side note, I expect I'll be sleeping forever.

BAM!  You got Lon'ed!

Everybody becomes Badass at some point in their like. Generaly at 40. Under that you're still an apprentice. lol

Smacked myself 2 Sci-Fi flicks that are Badass too and a whole lot of kick assing these are made of.

Great classics.

LAST STARFIGHTER [1984]

Amazing story, spectacular visuals and king like acting. Man the ship, the freaking ship... One of my fav.

BLACK HOLE [1979]

Now that is definitely amongst my top best Sci-Fi pelliculas. Humongously Badass.
AND I've always been passionated by them and know a whole lot about them and it's very accurate in it. But the FREAKING ASOME IMAGES!!! Woooooooooooooo!!!

One I truely recommend if you like wild and cool story lines, great acting and cinematography, not to talk about the soundtrack.

http://simotron.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/tumblr_lml4re4dzz1qkcj94o1_1280.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-09-10 03:31:37)

Undie mentioning Once Upon a Time in the West yesterday motivated me to DL it last night for a rewatch.  And I'm watching it again right now.  Love this movie!

^^^
So true, so good, so badass, so wild, wild, west. big_smile

THE YESTERDAY MACHINE [1963]
http://youtu.be/HB6KXL6jyy4

Very nice time travelling flick with beautiful B&W images and cool acting. What I enjoy the most in these old school movies is their soundtrack. Lovely.

A very cool little one that was. smile

A LIFE INTERRUPTED [2007]

Girl married to a cop gets dragged out of her house and raped. Then fights to get DNA tests more active in rape victims stuff.
I LOOOVE Lea Thompson she is a wonderful actress. And the story is extremely touching.
A nice little afternoon film. smile

Aftershock (2012):  A American tourists and his friends are caught in a earthquake in Chile.  All hell breaks loose in the city when prisoners from the local prison also escape, terrorizing the citizens.

Not a bad movie at all. It stars Eli Roth, who actually does a good job acting. The movie is pretty fast paced with some tense moments. The amount of gore was better than I expected. 6.5/10

Always enjoyed him a lot as an actor. As much as a director. His character in Death Proof was just too damn brilliant. smile

Can't wait to see Aftershock really.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-09-12 18:27:27)

FRISSON DES COLLINES [2011]

Excellent Quebecker one full of our greatest actors like Guillaume Lemay Thivierge, the hilarious always Antoine Bertrand and Paul Doucet. You might not know them but they are amazing.

A kid wants to go to Woodstock and is developing a nice friendship with the badass dude of the village. Great Rock'N'Roll times story and an aawesome writting. Oh marvelous images too, we live in a beautiful province really, magnificient. smile

A very nice one, was happy to finally see it. YAY!!!

More here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1466570/reference