Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

The Proposition (2006), starring Guy Pearce and Ray Winstone.  Brilliant western set in Australia, with Pearce one of three outlaw brothers arrested following a violent gunfight who is offered a deal: track down and kill his own even more psychopathic older brother, or the police will execute his younger, mentally handicapped brother.  Much violence ensues, but there are also moral and ethical questions which are explored. 

Fantastic film, exceedingly well-filmed and exceptionally acted by all involved.  IMO this is easily the best modern western I've seen since Unforgiven in '92, and yes, that's even with the likes of Tombstone and 3:10 to Yuma on the table.  A must-see for fans of gritty, violent westerns.

^^^
Oh yes man, what a fantastic one. Gotta rewatch... Thanks for the idea.

GONE [2012] rewatch

Damn my hottie Amanda Seyfried pulls off her most solid performance of everything I've seen from her yet and I saw a lot of her stuff, I dig the chick. This movie is so tense from beginning to end it's mad. A true nail bitter. BEAUTIFULLY shot. Man she holds the damn movie on her shoulders and does an insanely great job at it. She rules!!! smile

Quadrophenia (1979): A " Who" rock opera set to a great sound track. Didn't like it as much as Tommie, but still a good movie. 6/10

G.I. Joe: Retaliation

MICKEY BLUE EYES [1999]

What a really fun afternoon one this is. Hugh Grant is great as always and Jeanne Triplehorn isn't bad either. Fun.

A girl, daughter of a big Mafioso and a guy that wants to marry her. Yup way cool...

The Last Stand

DELIVERANCE [1972] rewatch

One of the BEST mainstream survival movie no doubt. Beautiful scenery and amazing acting by Angie Yummy Jolie's dad, Jon Voight and Burt Reynolds. Great one, to see it you haven't yet. smile

INSTINCT [1999] rewatch

A very nice and touching but also very surprising one with beautiful images and excellent acting by these phenomenal actors. Hopkins, Sutherland and Gooding Jr. The scene where he goes to see Goliath the Gorilla in his cage and says, I did that, I broke his heart, he's probably even gone mad now. A tear drop on my cheek,

I'm sure azathoth LOOOVES this one, how could he not??? big_smile

This is The End (2013).  Seth Rogen and several of his stoner movie pals in a movie about Seth Rogen and several of his stoner movie pals, trying to survive the Apocalypse.  All the actors play fictionalized versions of themselves.  The first ten minutes I was like, "Eh, yet another Rogen stoner movie. "  Then out of the blue it got REALLY funny. 

For about five minutes. 

Then it went back to being a Rogen stoner movie.  Some admittedly well-executed FX aside, I found this one to be only sporadically funny at best.  But I'm sure fans of such Generation Y actors as Rogen, Jonah Hill and others of their ilk will probably enjoy it.

Friends With Benefits

LoudLon wrote:

This is The End (2013).  Seth Rogen and several of his stoner movie pals in a movie about Seth Rogen and several of his stoner movie pals, trying to survive the Apocalypse.  All the actors play fictionalized versions of themselves.  The first ten minutes I was like, "Eh, yet another Rogen stoner movie. "  Then out of the blue it got REALLY funny. 

For about five minutes. 

Then it went back to being a Rogen stoner movie.  Some admittedly well-executed FX aside, I found this one to be only sporadically funny at best.  But I'm sure fans of such Generation Y actors as Rogen, Jonah Hill and others of their ilk will probably enjoy it.

Rogen ROCKS!!!
Definitely gonna enjoy this one from what I've seen yet on Cyberspace, can't fail. big_smile

Dark Skies

^^
Not sure what my post was about... ????

Last edited by azathoth (2013-09-16 13:43:26)

Lethal Weapon..on APTN..the Aboriginal Programing Television Network...whatever.

^^^
HAHAHAHA I watched the exact same. big_smile
Loving APTN watching LOTSA stuff on this, man, The Beachcombers, oh yeah...
Did you catch Muddigan's Quest after it??? Badass show was my first but definitely NOT the last... big_smile

ENOUGH [2002]

J. Yummy Lo and Juliette Hot Lewis.
Extremely violent story about a girl and her abusive husband and she decides to fight back. Brutally. Loving this girl, she's an amazing actress, never failed in everything I saw with her. big_smile

I watched Riddick in theatres yesterday. I liked it. It was very similar to Pitch Black and even makes reference to it on multiple occasions. It has a decent enough story with some pretty silly lines. It also has some great special effects and gore. The space scenes are pretty awesome too. Like the rest of the Riddick films it's an enjoyable movie that I could see myself rewatching.

^^^
Oh man, can't wait to see it. I'm a Hardcore fan of the series so I really look forward to see what Diesel slaps in our faces in this one. Glad you enjoyed it. smile

THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD [1973]

What a great old school classic, been years I didn't watch it, was a kid so rewatching it was just like seeing it for the first time. Aside a few things I remebered.

And aside the beautiful cinematography and kick ass story, I just have one thing to say...

CAROLINE FREAKING GORGEOUS MUNRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn this babe is way too sexy, loving her cleavage in this. Of course... lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-09-16 21:11:22)

Saved

42: The Jackie Robinson Story

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Oh man, can't wait to see it. I'm a Hardcore fan of the series so I really look forward to see what Diesel slaps in our faces in this one. Glad you enjoyed it. smile

THE GOLDEN VOYAGE OF SINBAD [1973]

What a great old school classic, been years I didn't watch it, was a kid so rewatching it was just like seeing it for the first time. Aside a few things I remebered.

And aside the beautiful cinematography and kick ass story, I just have one thing to say...

CAROLINE FREAKING GORGEOUS MUNRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn this babe is way too sexy, loving her cleavage in this. Of course... lol

This one is my favourite of Ray Harryhausen's Sinbad trilogy. Great effects and story and like you said Caroline Munro is ridiculously sexy.

Last edited by Theli (2013-09-16 23:58:23)

^^^
Indeed, H3LL yes. smile

EXPLODING SUN [2013]

Man what a masterful piece of great science-fiction this was. Pretty solid story and superior acting. Visually it's a real blast too. Yup good one.

http://johannaandersson.spotlife.se/files/2013/08/cast-group-shot-inside-clipper.jpg

IN DARKNESS [2011]

A very cool polish one about jews hiding away from Nazis during WW2. Fantastic story and acting with superb cinematography. I love War movies so this was quite a fun watch. Well done Poland, well done.

PHANTOM [2013]

Damn what a freaking cool one. H3LL, can't go wrong with Ed Harris and that Mulder Duchovny dude. Amzing little story and visual. A very cool one. And DAMN ED HARRIS RULES LIKE H3LL, he's phenomenal, a top actor no doubt. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-09-18 03:15:00)

X-MEN FIRST CLASS [2011] rewatch

Ah what a cool one it is. Doesn't beat the #3 which is my favorite of them all but it's still extremely enjoyable.

Magneto RULES ALL!!! big_smile

Bacon is as usual incredibly amazing.

And Jennifer Lawrence is a gorgeous as mad beauty... DROOL!!!

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-09-18 20:26:02)

I didn't like First Class much. It just didn't sit right with me. Honestly most of the X-Men movies didn't sit right, I like Wolverine Origins, but haven't seen the new one. I also thought the 3rd was the best of the original trilogy. I was so please to see Cyclops die.

^^^
Hell yeah. And the wall passer by our lovely Ellen Page, love this chick in everything but ESPECIALLY in Hard Candy not to forget the insanely cool Juno... She Rocks!!!