Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

MAN OF THE YEAR [2006] rewatch

Man what an insanely great cast. Williams, Walken, Laura Linney, Amy Poelher AND Tina Fey. I'm pretty sure LoudLon loves this one, no idea why though... lol

Such a brilliant comedy this is really a fun laugh every damn time you see it. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-01-23 04:23:51)

MEETING EVIL [2012]

Very surprised by this one that's up now. Extremely cool cast but man, Samuel Motherfucking L. Jackson is such a brilliant actor. Luke wilson is great too and wow the girls man, just WOOOW, Leslie Bibb, Peyton List and Tracie Thoms which I truely LOOOVE!!! Yup a cool sop and murder story. I recommend it. smile

This Is 40

Punk -- I haven't seen Man of the Year, and had no idea Tina Fey was in it.  Now that I do know, though, I'm off to DL it. big_smile

12 Angry Men (1957)

Man, one of the best films of any genre I have ever seen. Everything from the script to the performances were as near to perfect as you can get.

10/10.

I watched Solomon Kane again today. It had been a while since I had seen it, and the first time had been a shitty stream. It's actually a pretty good movie, the CG fails a bit here and there, but other than that it's a completely enjoyable flick, and a good adaptation of Robert. E. Howard's character. It works as a prequel to his short stories, but also has some elements of the stories themselves in it.

LoudLon wrote:

Punk -- I haven't seen Man of the Year, and had no idea Tina Fey was in it.  Now that I do know, though, I'm off to DL it. big_smile

You'll dig it, such a cool one. And you're welcome. big_smile

CHASING MAVERICKS [2012]

Very cool surf one and Gerald Butler, Elizabeth Shue but ESPECIALLY Abigail Spencer are fantastic in it. Pretty great story too. smile

kXnPunk wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

You'll dig it, such a cool one. And you're welcome. big_smile

CHASING MAVERICKS [2012]

Very cool surf one and Gerald Butler, Elizabeth Shue but ESPECIALLY Abigail Spencer are fantastic in it. Pretty great story too. smile

I am a huge Gerard Butler fan but I couldn't even sit through this movie it was not good.

Hunger Games

^^^
Me loved it...

LIFE OF PI [2013] rewatch

There's very few movies that you like every damn millisecond of them but this is one absolutely like that. Such a freaking masterpiece of acting, man Richard Parker is just mindblowing, images so gorgeous like H3LL and story totally wonderful. A very nice adventure it is. One of the best I've seen ever truely. Up the favorite list with Blade Runner and Mean Girls. Yeah Mean Girls, definitely. lol

Watch it, it's worth it, not for nothing it won so many prizes all over the world, it's really THAT good. Highly recommended, smile

http://noobabble.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/tumblr_mavn9efgmm1rhvtj2o1_1280.png%3Fw%3D464%26h%3D261

MARY & MARTHA [2013]

Such an incredibly touching story of a girl helping in Africa. Hilary Swank is so intense is this woah, hats off great girl, you pulled it off brilliantly like always!!! Nice. Very.

Iron Man 2

SAVAGES [2012] rewatch

Been just a few days I watched it but showing back now on TV and man Blake Lively is such a hottie bitch in this. Loving that Drug dealing story, very nice Stone style that always rock. Very enjoyable. Fun, fun, fun!!! smile

Olympus Has Fallen

"The World's End" the third film combination of Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Edgar Wright after "Sean Of the Dead" which is easily the best of the trio , and "Hot Fuzz". the third entry is the most inconsistent at times, annoying, self indulgent, good and both dull and lively. it has the best acting of the three from both Pegg and Frost and they have a good supporting cast to back them. Film is off the wall, and too sprawling to really work but it is a watchable effort. the ending which got a lot of criticism, in my opinion is fine. 6/10

loved The World's End.

I wanted very badly to enjoy The End of the World, and I did to an extent, but once the aliens actually showed up and next thing you know all these friends apparently become master combatants with limitless endurance, it wore thin with me.  Several good, hearty laughs scattered throughout, as well as Pegg and director Wright's usual sly banter and quick wit, but after a while I just wanted something more.  I'd say 6/10 is a pretty accurate score; slightly above average but nothing to write home about.

kXnPunk wrote:

The Burton one or the old school one???

Anyways both amazing ones... smile

All of 'em actually.......love LC's psychedelic style:):)!!!

Watched:...had a few laffs with this one:):)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/706/6sr3.jpg

^^^
Ŝweet, the world of Alice RULES

SNOW ANGELS [2007]

Man, Kate Beckinsale and Sam Rockwell which is so damn awesome in this it's MAD!!! Not much more to say really aside that it's a very nice film. smile

Right now I'm watching Leon (1994)

Really liking it so far.

^^^
You've never seen it before??? Wow. One of the most amazing french films of the 90s really. 13 years old Natalie Portman is so damn good it's mad. Well so is Jean Reno. Always loved the guy, he knows his craft. smile

The problem is that I have pretty much solely concentrated on horror for the last five years. I really need to catch up on mainstream stuff like this masterpiece.

My god WHAT A FREAKIN MOVIE!!!!!!

10/10

Damn yes, I was at the premiere in France when it got out and wow, I got out of there totally amazed. Had to go to a bar to drink like mad so I could walk back home normally. lol

kXnPunk wrote:

Damn yes, I was at the premiere in France when it got out and wow, I got out of there totally amazed. Had to go to a bar to drink like mad so I could walk back home normally. lol

Dead Jealous yikes

Need to put into my top 100 films on my letterboxed profile pronto, I JUST HAVE TO FIGURE WHAT TO TAKE OUT!

Last edited by Vasquez (2014-01-25 19:01:46)