Re: Last Mainstream movie you watched.

LOOPER [2012] rewatch

Once more it's showing on my movies channel and I don't care, I dig the story and well, Bruce Willis, Gordon-Lewis and the sexy hottie sublime Emily Blunt. Damn her character in it is ÜBER BADASS!!!

Could watch it for months non-stop. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-02-17 11:35:06)

pain and gain
movie 43

American Wedding
American Reunion

Last film I watched was the doc Inequality For All by Robert Reich. Really interesting doc. Reich made it so easy to understand economics and where capitalism has gone so wrong. Inspiring stuff.

10/10.

THE LEGO MOVIE [2014]

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Oh freaking H3LL man the total RIOT ride that was.
Absolutely AMAZING!!! SEE THIS ASAP!!! smile

kXnPunk wrote:

THE LEGO MOVIE [2014]

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
Oh freaking H3LL man the total RIOT ride that was.
Absolutely AMAZING!!! SEE THIS ASAP!!! smile

Me and my two sons are headed to the theater to see it today. Did you watch the 3D version? If so; was it worth the extra couple of $?

The Usual Suspects: One of my favorite movies. Even after more than a dozen times seeing it, it's still a great flic! 9/10

^^^
No, I got it from online but I'm sure it'd be worth the few more bucks bescause not only everyone is worth seeing in true 3D but the way the movie is designed I'm sure it'll rock insanely more in true 3D.
Enjoy, it's such an insanely fun hour and a half. smile

And yes Usual Suspects is such a cool one.

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope

MONSTER IN LAW [2005] rewatch

Man I've always liked this one. In fact, I bought the DVD the first week it was out. And boy what a funny cool one. Jane Fonda is such a freaking Bitch in this. And Wanda Sykes tells her quite often in this. lol

And JLo man, what a body and talent this girl has. She always surprises me how good she is in all she does.

Best scene is when Fonda and Lopez slap each other repeatedly, so damn hilarious!!!

SAMSARA [2011]

The follow up of the BARAKA 1992 masterpeiece and this one is just even more breath taking. Such amazing visuals, soundtrack and very interesting narration. A true tasty visual feast this is... big_smile

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3aztxzPZw1r7wy0uo1_500.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-02-17 20:01:40)

Saw The Family.   Not a bad flick, really.   Dug the ending.  That made the whole movie for me.

THE DUST FACTORY [2004]

Damn even that young Hayden Panettiere is a damn hottie. And boy is she talented, woah a brillant actress. smile

Armin Mueller-Stahl isn't bad at all either as GrandPa lemme tell you. Great fantasy/magical story that is pure freaking nice entertainment. big_smile

ON THE ROAD-great (I guess this qualifies as mainstream-an indie, actually),  an old 1946 noir DEADLINE AT DAWN with a young Susan Hayward-also recommended.  Very best non-genre movie I've seen in a while-LAWLESS.

Yeah, pretty much anything that isn't a horror flick gets dumped into the "mainstream" thread.  I started and "unclassifiable" thread a while back but I guess folks are so used to this thread that mine doesn't get a lot of play. lol

^^^
Yeah but I still made quite a contribution to it. Just haven't seen anything unclassifiable in a while. smile

MONSTERS UNVERSITY [2013]

Man so freaking cool to see my great Wazovski and Sulley back in another one. I'm a HUGE fan of these movies H3LL, even have a Mike teddy bear like thing. HE RULES!!!

And this one is a lot of hilarious fun. I love the librarian octopus but the best is the Queen of scares, damn she's badass.

Very nice to see how these guys became the best scariers of all times. And boy what a crazy cool University they live in.

BADASS film. smile

THE YEAR ONE [2009] rewatch

Gotta admit I'm a big fan of Jack Black and he's just amazing in this one, Michael Cera is very talented too so they made a great team. Wild story man, crazy and very funny.

But just one thing and her name is OLIVIAaaaaaaaa WIiiiiiiLDE!!! Yum.

it was good

Re watched Dead Man's Shoes even though I had seen it before it still kind of shocked me at how amazingly haunting this film is. Just such an awesome movie.

OUTLANDER [2008] rewatch

Man what an insanely great Sci-Fi/Vikings one that is. Caviezel, Perlman and Hurt man, can't go wrong with this. And what a cool story, a dude crashes with his ship on a planet where Vikings live and fights the Beast that he brought in his ship. Some badass scenes like the race on top of the shields but also the trap they did. Fantastic images. Yup VERY KICK ASS!!!

Well as I was into watching kick ass stuff, I continued with one of the best movies for me EVER!!!

SUCKER PUNCH [2011] rewatch for I don't know how much times, a whole damn lot I saw it.

MASTERPIECE. EVERYTHING. Emily Browning, Abbie Cornish, Jena Malone, Vanessa Hudgens man, they deliver some insanely BRILLIANT performances. The story is just insane. Love how she goes into another world when she dances and the fights are just RAD!!! Best thing is the big robot with a pink rabbit face driven by Jaimie Chung. So crazy cool. And boy the ending, woah. Yup truely a freaking BLAST this is and I don't give a fuck if anyone doesn't have the same opinion of it. It's really one if not the best I've ever seen and that I'll rewatch really often. TOO DAMN GOOD!!!

And boy the girls are insanely sexy. smile

http://www.frothyruminations.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/1293938509_sucker-punch-robot-photo-29-7-10-kc.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2014-02-21 20:37:20)

blitz

Robocop remake.  Nowhere near as cheerfully violent, darkly humorous or in-your-face fun as the original and the dude who plays Murphy/Robo is a total bore.  Decent performances from Michael Keaton and Gary Oldham ensure their scenes don't suck, but otherwise this remake is about as pointless as they come.  4/10

KILLER JOE [2011]

Man what a cool one I'm a HUGE fucking fan of Juno Temple and Emile Hirsh but Matthew McConaughey is insane in this. A very cool like wild badass story that is just killer.

Donnie Darko. A excellent watch every time smile

Man, you guys call EVERYTHING mainstream!!  Anyway, I guess my last would be ARMORED CAR ROBBERY, a watchable cops and robbers flick about cop Charles McGraw hunting down man who killed his partner during the obvious robbery.  Slightly above average B picture, but not a cult film waiting to be discovered.

STAR CRUISER strangely called NYDENION in the USA bunch of crazy fools. [2010]

Oh man the great Sci-Fi piece this one is. Very well done German film with a great story and solid acting. Done by model makers without a big budget, totally indie. But the most amazing of this is definitely the effects and ships designs. BADASS!!!

THE RIVER WILD [1994] rewatch

This is such an amazing classic, Meryl and Bacon are fantastic. Always reminds me of the first time I saw this film, in the plane from Montreal to Toulouse and I loved it. Very cool to watch a flick in the air like that. But yes, this film is so damn well put up really nothing bad to say about it. Each character is incredibly well performed.