Topic: My Niece

We had a very scary thing happen to us this weekend my niece abby almost died..she had taken a seizure on Friday and was rushed to CMC hospital there she had stopped breathing and had to receitated...she was life flighted down to danvile PA to the childrens hospital on saturday morning at 5:00 am she had taken another seizure and was placed back on the respirator later they had gotten the results back on why Abby was taking the seizures she had gotten into my brothers medication...she got one of his nerves pills and a few of his sleeping pills now they were hidden but abby is a climber and she found them...hes devasted he could of lost his daughter he blames himself but I told him not to because it was an accident I told him he just needs to be more careful on where he hides them better or get a lock box and put them in a more secluded area...I told him it happeneds almost every day either a child gets medication or chokes on a toy etc....but Abby is doing better now shes having movement now and shes breathing on her own over the respirator and taking deep breaths so they were going start to wein her off of it yesterday...so all were doing now is waiting for Abby to wake up they to have her put into a drug-endosed coma do the seizure so there just wait for that to ware off...but she will be ok and hopefully will beable to come home at the end of this week...friday night I went home and cleaned out my coberts and drawers that I knew would harm Raven and put in a high enough place I know she can't get into I also have child safety locks on all my bottom coberts and gate so she can't into the kitchen...

Re: My Niece

im so sorry to hear that Raven. My prayers go to your family, i hope she recovers quickly. I have a young son as you know and I have just started installing safetys on all of the various cupboards in my house before he gets to walking.

it was so scary Meh, its something I never want to relieve again in my life...my heart broke for my brother and my sister-in-law I just kept thinking this could be my kid laying there....thank you so much Meh I've said alot a prayers this weekend now I'm just waiting for that phone call that shes awake...

i am sure she is going to be just fine. Modern medicine and quick treatment is an amazing thing. Plus kids are resilient and can recover from almost anything with time. I hope you get good news soon.

well I just spoke to my mom and said Abby is having a bad day she spiked a fever so they have her on cooling bad to break it but see also has swelling on the brain again..and plus to make matters worse my sister-n-laws parents our down there just being a royal pain in the ass...they need to leave my brother alone....

I'm so sorry to hear of this unfortunate accident..
And thats all it was.. Was an ACCIDENT.. Things like this happen.. It does no good to play the blame game. sad
How old is your neice? From what it sounds like, she's a little tyke?
Anyway, I hope she can pull out of all this.. And my well wishes go to you and your family for this. You folks will be in my thoughts!

Last edited by Wicked (2007-09-17 09:57:55)

i am so sorry Raven sad
i hope your niece will pull through and everything is going to be just fine
best of luck to your niece at the hospital

I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your neice Raven. I hope she is recuperating just well. My thought and prayers go out to her, you, and her family.

I'll add my prayers as well...

She is in my prayers, as is your whole family Raven.

may the gods have mercy on you and your family. my prayers go out to you.

Sorry to hear about the sad news of your niece but she will get better soon I pray.

thanks guys this really means alot to me and my family and Abby...right now they our waiting for the results from the EEG's to comback..she had developed swelling of the brain when the fever spiked...I'm going down tomorrow with my sister and my cousin..if I hear anymore I will let you know...and Abby just turned 1yrs old on September 8th...just keep praying for her....

I'm sorry to hear this news Raven. I hope your little niece recovers quickly.

sad   hang in there raven , everything will be ok.

Well I found out more about Abby...she is in a coma not a drug endosed one..I also found out she had gone into cardiac arrest friday night which is causing the brain to swell and also the brain stem which is making her legs go stiff..you know I just want this baby to wake up I just want her to wake and be ok like she was before this all happeneds..last night children & youth came to visit and they weren't very nice to my brother and sister-in-law this is done routinely though in cases like this or any other..but today they were visited by two state troopers and they were questioned twice...there home will be searched....my sister in-laws mother was also questioned and her home will also probably will be searched because she was also down there the night before this happened they also found she took a small seizure the night before but nobody picked up on it because she was fine the next morning until afternoon when she became fussy again...the state troopers our now saying that someone had given her the benedryl she had a high dosage in her body...I'm not blaming my brother or my sister-in-law that thought has not crossed my mind but I have an idea who may have either given it to her or she gotten...but I'm not saying anything but this they didn't think for a second to blame my brother for it...

Raven, I'm again so sorry to hear that Abby has taken a turn for the worse.
It's sad that this is happening to your family. Especially with the investigation now going on, on top of the medical rollercoaster ride that your neice is going on right now.
Hopefully things will all work out and Abby will get better. Little kids have pulled through some very harsh situations, when they are sick. Maybe she will too.
Again, you guys are all in my thoughts and wishes.

My prayers to you, R. I hope things take a turn for the better soon.

Oh, man.  The waiting and not knowing is the hardest part. 

Words really cannot express... I can't imagine what the kids folks are going through, let alone you.

Little Abby, be well.

i'm so sorry Raven sad
my best wishes go out to Abby and her family

I'm have some very bad and sad news Abby passed away last at 6:30 pm...she was only 1yrs old...shes gone...she had more damage done to her brain then we thought she had severe damage to the top of her brain and the back of the brain...they took her off the ventelator at about 5:30 and my sister in law and brother held her until she stopped breathing....this is the most devasteing thing that could happen to my brother and to my sister inlaw aswell as our family...I really wished she would of pulled through this I really wish she would of....

I am so sorry to hear of this devasting news Raven. You and your family are in my prayers and I wish you all the best and I know you all will pull through this. She's in a better place now with God and is in Heaven where she will never feel any pain or sadness ever. I hope you will be okay and that you will grow stronger for yourself and your family. Again I am sorry to hear this sad news.

Raven,

I am so sorry to hear this news. I know the loss must be devastating,  But in times like this I think of a quote from Neil Gaiman. (Which I'm paraphrasing.)

"She got what anyone gets.  She got a lifetime."

I don't know if that's any comfort to you, but it got me through some tough times.

Be there for your family.  They are going to need all the support they can get through this troubling time.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and the family.  Take care.

Matt

I know no words can comfort... no wishes can replace...  Know that we all greive with you.  You are our friend and sister.

I just sent you an email Raven so I hope you read it and take care and if you need anything then just email me, PM, or talk to us on here at HM.