Topic: Resident Evil Extinction

So i went to see a midnight showing of the movie last night.  It was superb.  And before any of you leave poor reviews or start complaining i recommend using your tiny brain for once.  Pick up the Resident Evil Genesis, Apocalypse, and Extinction books.  It will let you know where certain characters have gone and why, as well as give you some information as to whether a 4th movie is on it's way.  They could not to flash backs for Angie Ashford or Jill Valentine because neither were available to do the movie, so, by reading the book you will get ALL the details.  Otherwise, in the movie you just need to assume.  Also, do not complain about the difference between the video games and the movies.  The writers and directors made it clear while creating the first film that they wanted to have a different take on the whole story line.  Not all of the creatures are going the be Exactly the same, not all the characters are going to look Exactly like their game counter-parts, et cetera.  and if you ignore this and write a bad review on everything i mentioned above, i will be the first one jumping down your throat.

Re: Resident Evil Extinction

I saw it and liked it a lot better than the last sequel but not as good the original, The Crow scenes was awesome.

If you liked the original you are certainly going to like this one.

I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.  I even jumped a few times.  Must see movie!

I seen this movie on Saturday and it was awesome!  It almost sets up for a RE4 movie at the end which gets me wondering.  The only problem I had was that one or scenes with the teleknesis was a little out there.  They didn't go too far, but the power she had was quite surprising.  It's something I wasn't expecting, but I do remember he having some ability in the second movie.  Other than that, I thought this movie was absolutely amazing.  If they do a fourth enstallment (which I kinda doubt), then I will see it.

if you have seen it be sure to submit  areview. I figured it must have really sucked since we only had 2 reviews submitted. smile

Well it made 24 million already wink

Yea I actually liked this one.. I really didn't like the first two films.. But this one really stood way above the others. The only thing I didn't like was that everytime you saw Milla's/Alice's face it was glopped with make-up.. She looked ultra shiny the entire film.. I mean I get she is supposed to some kind of supreme being but come on really? Heh other than that it was really good and surprised me..

I wrote a review.  And they said there might be an off shoot series, one not containing Mila as the lead.  But instead, taking Claire as the lead.  Perhaps they would bring back Jill's character.  As far as i am concerned they need to develop Wesker more, Bring in Chris and Leon, and really give us something to die for!

TheResidentEvil wrote:

And before any of you leave poor reviews or start complaining i recommend using your tiny brain for once.  Pick up the Resident Evil Genesis, Apocalypse, and Extinction books.  It will let you know where certain characters have gone and why, as well as give you some information as to whether a 4th movie is on it's way.  They could not to flash backs for Angie Ashford or Jill Valentine because neither were available to do the movie, so, by reading the book you will get ALL the details.  Otherwise, in the movie you just need to assume.  Also, do not complain about the difference between the video games and the movies.  The writers and directors made it clear while creating the first film that they wanted to have a different take on the whole story line.  Not all of the creatures are going the be Exactly the same, not all the characters are going to look Exactly like their game counter-parts, et cetera.  and if you ignore this and write a bad review on everything i mentioned above, i will be the first one jumping down your throat.

That's rather contentious...I liked the movie well enough because it was entertaining junk but one shouldn't need supplimentary materials to leave a negative review...And they certainly don't need your list of criteria for a negative review...Personally I like that it doesn't follow the storylines from the games as we all know how those go anyway...But you really shouldn't be telling people how and what to be negative about this film...

Anyway...I keep hearing about Milla not being in the next one...WTF? Her storyline OBVIOUSLY isn't done...That would be a huge mistake at this point.

Last edited by N2NOther (2007-09-24 06:41:55)

N2NOther wrote:
TheResidentEvil wrote:

And before any of you leave poor reviews or start complaining i recommend using your tiny brain for once.  Pick up the Resident Evil Genesis, Apocalypse, and Extinction books.  It will let you know where certain characters have gone and why, as well as give you some information as to whether a 4th movie is on it's way.  They could not to flash backs for Angie Ashford or Jill Valentine because neither were available to do the movie, so, by reading the book you will get ALL the details.  Otherwise, in the movie you just need to assume.  Also, do not complain about the difference between the video games and the movies.  The writers and directors made it clear while creating the first film that they wanted to have a different take on the whole story line.  Not all of the creatures are going the be Exactly the same, not all the characters are going to look Exactly like their game counter-parts, et cetera.  and if you ignore this and write a bad review on everything i mentioned above, i will be the first one jumping down your throat.

That's rather contentious...I liked the movie well enough because it was entertaining junk but one shouldn't need supplimentary materials to leave a negative review...And they certainly don't need your list of criteria for a negative review...Personally I like that it doesn't follow the storylines from the games as we all know how those go anyway...But you really shouldn't be telling people how and what to be negative about this film...

Anyway...I keep hearing about Milla not being in the next one...WTF? Her storyline OBVIOUSLY isn't done...That would be a huge mistake at this point.

Umm, i don't think they need to make a film based on your criteria...

I agree with N2NOther.  If they took out Milla's role in the fourth, then I'd be disappointed.  She is a great character and I want to see how they plan on doing the army of Alices.  Besides, zombies in Tokyo is something I would love to see.  I prefer a city setting for zombie attacks like in the second RE movie. 

As for characters from the games, I would love to see Rebecca Chambers as a movie character.  But they would have to get the perfect girl to play her or it wouldn't work.  That's just my opinion though.

Last edited by vorwald2006 (2007-09-24 09:52:55)

goldenwarrior wrote:

I saw it and liked it a lot better than the last sequel but not as good the original, The Crow scenes was awesome.

If you liked the original you are certainly going to like this one.

That's good news because I really liked the first...thoe whole Umbrella Corp idea was great. Can't wait to see this one.

TheResidentEvil wrote:

I wrote a review.  And they said there might be an off shoot series, one not containing Mila as the lead.  But instead, taking Claire as the lead.  Perhaps they would bring back Jill's character.  As far as i am concerned they need to develop Wesker more, Bring in Chris and Leon, and really give us something to die for!

Thanks for the review and I agree with you there ^^^^^^

I have to be the bad apple here I was upset after seeing it. I was expecting soo much more. which was probably the cause. My biggest upset with this movie was the killing of the zombies... Mila cut their thoats and they die!!! did I miss something here. even in the first one after shooting the crap out of them they realized that you had to shoot them in the head. and now two films later a simple knife wound the the throat gets them. and other than that I think they should have made the movie longer and given us a little more story.

I just saw this movie for the first time this past Tuesday night and i gotta say i really enjoyed it. Definitely better than the 2nd movie and open to a 3rd one.

I love the first two Resident Evils and was really excited about this one. Looks like I missed my chance to see it in the theater. Oh well, I will just have to wait for the dvd.

Does anyone think there will be a fourth one or is this it for the franchise?

sc0rpi0n7 wrote:

I have to be the bad apple here I was upset after seeing it. I was expecting soo much more. which was probably the cause. My biggest upset with this movie was the killing of the zombies... Mila cut their thoats and they die!!! did I miss something here. even in the first one after shooting the crap out of them they realized that you had to shoot them in the head. and now two films later a simple knife wound the the throat gets them. and other than that I think they should have made the movie longer and given us a little more story.

i agree there wasent much story here i dident like the director much either i really like apocalypse it was non stop action from begining to end and still had more story than the third one the boss fight at the end was too short and pretty lame along with most of the characters imo i have posted a review also smile

I am so looking forward to this. I love the first two and watch them regularly.  I am also a great fan of Millas and think she is a vastly underrated actor. She was stunning in Joan of Arc and in 5th Element to name but 2 and I thought her character was captivating in the Resident Evils. Oh and even though a lot of people bagged Ultra-Violet I enjoyed her in that too.:D

First two were great. The begining of the 3rd part also but the ens. What was that? It was so stupid. I personally didn't like it.

I saw this film the other week, and thought it was awesome. The graphics are getting better and better, the zombie effects are outstanding, the story was perfect and it was all round excellence.

The only problem i noticed was, where the hell has Jill gone? We are still with Alice and Oliveria, and now we are introduced to Claire, but Jill has dissapered, i do not know whether they mentioned anything about this in the film, but i didn't pick it up.