Topic: Freaky weather Thread

I sure everywhere some Freaky Weather, but today was bloody joke as  11 tornadoes strike across UK

A series of freak tornadoes struck communities in parts of Britain yesterday, damaging property and uprooting trees in a trail of destruction.

It is understood as many as 11 separate twisters formed separately early yesterday from Farnborough, Hampshire, to as far north as Scunthorpe.

The 80mph winds damaged dozens of homes, with some roofs ripped off.

However, there were no reports of injuries, and the Association of British Insurers predicted claims would be a fraction of those from this summer's devastating floods.

Dr Terrence Meaden, deputy head of the Tornado and Storm Research Organisation, said that five reports were "looking certain" to be confirmed as tornadoes.

They hit Farnborough, Hampshire; Luton, Bedfordshire; Nuneaton, Warwickshire; and Long Eaton, Derbyshire. Dr Meaden said further research may well confirm another five tornadoes.

A double-decker school bus had part of its roof ripped off by a falling branch.

The bus, which was empty, was travelling on the A4500 in Northamptonshire at about 7am yesterday.

In a statement, the Met Office said that the gusts were "conducive to tornadoes" and measured T2 or T3 on the Torro scale - which ranges from 0 to 10 - meaning that they were "moderate to strong".

i woke up 5.30 in moring to ear Rain bashing so load, unbealiveable and really Gusty, i was scared as i was the only wake at the time and that was not a tornadoe.

i got to go, i my sister need to use intenet

Last edited by BASSI (2007-09-24 17:08:21)

Re: Freaky weather Thread

2012 is coming ...............  big_smile

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7010172.stm

Here you can watch  aftermath
of the Toradoes

or pictures
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7010266.stm

Im in Scotland, so all we had is rain.
But thats nothing new tongue

Marts wrote:

Im in Scotland, so all we had is rain.
But thats nothing new tongue

but you going some Snow that great if you love the Snow

I live in East Texas and the weather here is always weird.  For example it snowed here April 7th.  The last time we had snow was 2001 and that was in January.  We have a few cold days but it's mostly hot.  People who relocate here are always dumbfounded by our weather.  But tornadoes in the UK seems like a very strange concept to me.  We are quiet used to them here.  Glad you are okay BASSI.

I live in Southern California, Its usally over 90 this time of year, or the Santa Anna's blow hot air in from the deserts. but its been real cool, 70s, and getting cold allready at night. low 50s. more like Nov weather. Hell I dont know what cold weather is, I am from Hawaii.

eDogg2012 wrote:

2012 is coming ...............  big_smile

What's gonna happen them?
The World going to end like movie Day after Tomorrow

The world isnt gonna end... Im sure there would be some panic of the 2012 end. I dont believe that stuff sooo really all we have to worry about is california breaking off soo it  can chill with Hawaii big_smile and global warming but thats alot of gay shit

Yeah, cant wait for some snow smile

I see the world for humans ending in a Pandemic, something like the bird flu. Sort of a Stand type ending. Not with a bang, but a wimper.

it turn a lot colder this weeks
and i loving it, (SUMMER GONE smile )

Last edited by BASSI (2007-09-27 12:54:43)

we had a cold front here last week and the weather was in the 60's but now its back to mid 70's-low 80's

LOL, I have never heard of tornadoes before in Britian.:lol:

It's always like in the high 90's or low 100's here in the summer time where I live and now that Fall has started it's dropped down to the low to mid 80's. In the winter time here it gets like 30's or 40's.

call me pyschotic but i want zombies to take over the world, Night of the living Dead Style cuz i think thatd be soooo sweet seeing the panic i think itll b pretty kickass

A cloudy and damp Friday night here 
11°c Celsius (51 Fahrenheit)

RIP wrote:

LOL, I have never heard of tornadoes before in Britian.:lol:

It's always like in the high 90's or low 100's here in the summer time where I live and now that Fall has started it's dropped down to the low to mid 80's. In the winter time here it gets like 30's or 40's.

UK seem to have 33 Tornadoes a year, Really, But most of Time are never even Heard of, Only the bigs like Mondays,

Little neutral about temp you are telling me are they Fahrenheit number ?

The years is it almost over,
Jan
There was the huge storm, killing least 15th peolpe in UK
Feb -The lot of snow, none stoping for least 3 days
July- Where huge floods,as the rain didn't stop for least month
Aug - Just warm
Sep-   with 13 tornadoes on Monday

The shocking think years is here is a shocking scene from Freak hail storm in Colombia about over months ago
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c35_1194162051

Four days after the same place get hit by min tornadoe yikes
http://video.knbc.com/player/?id=180227

Any freaaky weather by you? in last years!

Last edited by BASSI (2007-12-16 08:02:51)

this happen few years ago

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=682_1176591380

That is bloodly scary!,  but i still love be there to see tongue

i just i looked om th news it saying US had snowstorm day! 

are u there?

Midwest here, it was crazy, winds blew the snow into drifts and so it was offical Blizzard conditions.(Sat.) cancelled flights. Our freind is taking a trip your way, hopefully he gets out today. Blue skies and better temps. alot of leftover snow. All of it headed EAST.
Salvation Army local said we had a disaster every quarter this last year, that's every 90 days. Incredible isn't it?

It's pretty oustide here and sunny. I think it is suppose to get cold tonight though.

Well looks like there are some tornadoes around the south today like in Mississippi and heading to Alabama and all the east coast all the way up to Virginia. The path of the storms comes across the middle of Georgia where I live so hope you all survive throughout the day lol.

It's sunny outside and hot but it's pretty windy here.

Yesterday I was outside in a tank-top, today I had to wear a toque and winter coat thanks to a snow storm. sad

Looks mighty cloudy outside here now and pretty windy.