Topic: Fear Itself Replaces MOH?

Today it was announced that Lionsgate and Industry Entertainment will now air Fear Itself on NBC. They have already ordered up 13 episodes that will air next summer. Each episode will be by "big-name horror directors and writers" with each ...

Read More : Fear Itself Replaces MOH?

Re: Fear Itself Replaces MOH?

I was wondering why my Directv searches were turning up no new MOH episodes.  I can live with the DVD's from season 1, but I was really looking forward to new ones to enjoy and tivo.    Darn Showtime!!  If I have to watch 2001 Maniacs one more time...

I can't imagine how watered down these would be on nbc.  ugh.

Then again, networks have done good things... Twilight Zone, Chiller, even The Red Room had some moments, not to mention the first season of the original Outer Limits which had some amazing episodes.  TV can work, it just doesn't that often.

booooo hisssss It was good while it lasted.  i don't just hate the watered down horror i hate commercials.

From what I've heard there will be a third season of MOH but its probably won't be back this fall but Showtime has signed a deal with Alberta to film it.

Good point! I didn't even think about the commercial breaks! I think the only good that can come out of this is that the directors will have to think of creative ways to scare rather than to rely on KNB to do all the hard work..

Well, the biggest complaint I hear of Eli Roth is that he relies too much on gore in his movies and he's a one trick pony.  This should definitely allow him to break out of that hole if he can pull it off.

You know if your really think about it ( I never thought I would here myself say this) Roth does rely on gore.  To me his movies aren't scary horror but just blood and guts with a little thrill.  Of course I love blood and guts but that doesn't give me the same thrill as being on the edge of my seat scared.

damn sad
i was really starting to like MOH

I was pretty satisfied with MoH, but if the concept is the same and the films stay cool, I'm all for it.

skfan wrote:

From what I've heard there will be a third season of MOH but its probably won't be back this fall but Showtime has signed a deal with Alberta to film it.

Where exactly did you hear this? Because the reason Starz backed off was because Showtime was out.. Then Lionsgate came on board and decided to shop it around to other channels which is why this is most likely coming about..

Hasn't Garris or SOMEBODY stated a possible third season of MoH?  I think that's where skfan heard it from.

Yea thats what I am saying.. Lionsgate offered to fund the series after Starz/Anchorbay jumped ship.. Thats why this news seems to be where MOH's fate lies.. Of course who really knows but the fact that Industry Entertainment and Lionsgate would do ANOTHER 60 minute horror show does not make sense..

I hope MOH comes back...if not it sounds like Fear Itself may be worth checking out even though it will be pretty edited being on national broadcast...

Goon wrote:
skfan wrote:

Where exactly did you hear this? Because the reason Starz backed off was because Showtime was out.. Then Lionsgate came on board and decided to shop it around to other channels which is why this is most likely coming about..

No actually it was covered on my local news since my hometown city just signed a contracted to do what they said would be a season 3 & 4 of MOH and possibly a 2 season of The Dresden Files...........hey did all you forget I'm news guy tongue

Well the last interview I read from Mick Garris pretty much said Showtime wanted nothing to do with them..

Even though [the first two seasons] were the number-two original series on Showtime, they didn’t appreciate us enough to want us back.

So it could be that they will be fliming Fear Itself in your hometown.. Since the name has most likely changed..

Yeah, I'm still not sure why Showtime doesn't want to hang onto MoH.  It was attracting some major viewers, wasn't it?

No the contract was with Starz entertainment.

Yea Starz dropped out awhile back and Lionsgate picked it up..

Okay, why would Starz want to let go of MoH?

TiM the Zombie wrote:

Okay, why would Starz want to let go of MoH?

Yeah good question. I still think we'll see more MOH sometime.

I really dug MoH but as long as someone is doing something like it, I won't complain. The mo horror, the mo bettah, know what I mean?

You should have said "know what I sayin'?"  That would have been better.  tongue

But, yes, the more horror, the better.

TiM the Zombie wrote:

You should have said "know what I sayin'?"  That would have been better.  tongue

But, yes, the more horror, the better.

haha, another one of my favorites is: "you see what I'm saying?" as though anyone actually can (though on cold enough days, I suppose you could, sort of)

Last edited by jpjmoffett (2007-09-28 01:17:52)

I really think this is going to be a watered down version of MoH. If Showtime can ban an episode than I would think NBC is going to ban, unless like I said it's going to be so watered down with no graphic and gory episodes.