Topic: When I Go To Hollywood

Working in a theater, one sees many a strange and sometimes an annoying thing.

One such annoying thing is the 12 minutes of credits at the end of Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and then the 60 second clip at the end which really holds nothing for the story and could have been put before or even excised all together. 

My co-workers already know that I will go to Hollywood and kick Gore Verbinski in the kneecaps in revenge for all of us ushers for being forced to wait as literally every person in the theater stayed planted in their seat to watch a worthless "bonus" scene after 12 agonizing minutes while we have other theaters to clean!  So, Verbinski best watch out.

My current thorn and agitation (as well as most of my theater's staff) is the very well done, but by now painfully annoying BOURNE ULTIMATUM.  It has become the Castro of our theater, it just won't die.  Its been at our theater for 2 months...and has outlasted Rush Hour 3....well no surprise there...but its outlasted 3:10 TO YUMA and EASTERN PROMISES, two films I expected to take the reigns over from BOURNE as being the movie the old people come and see.

Nowadays its people in their 50s+ who come and see it...gawd...I can't imagine who HASN'T seen the damn film by now. 

I also just did a check on Fandango...I kid you not, all the theaters around me are still showing it!  And still showing it like 5 TIMES A DAY!  So its not like we are the only theater in Northern Virginia that has it.

ITS LIKE A ZOMIBE!  IT WON'T DIE!

So...when I go to Hollywood and after I kick Verbinski....I'm gonna have to kick Paul Greengrass...good director, but he made a film that just won't depart and because of it better films have left our theater long before their time.

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2007-10-06 23:22:22)

Re: When I Go To Hollywood

Well I kind of like Verbinski for putting it at the end of the credits.  I mean it may be a pain for people working there, but the credits are a big part of the film.  A lot of people worked their ass off to make that movie and I like that he made people sit through it all to get the clip.  People may not pay attention to the names on the credit, but I think it shows a little bit of respect by Verbinski that he didnt make their work less important than a short meaningless clip.

thegoldensimatar wrote:

Working in a theater, one sees many a strange and sometimes an annoying thing.

One such annoying thing is the 12 minutes of credits at the end of Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and then the 60 second clip at the end which really holds nothing for the story and could have been put before or even excised all together. 

My co-workers already know that I will go to Hollywood and kick Gore Verbinski in the kneecaps in revenge for all of us ushers for being forced to wait as literally every person in the theater stayed planted in their seat to watch a worthless "bonus" scene after 12 agonizing minutes while we have other theaters to clean!  So, Verbinski best watch out.

I don't get it why your pissed off. What if the movie was 12 min. longer anyways without the bonus end. People are still going to eventually leave either way roll tongue

Nope, I am a stay after after after the credits are over junkie!!!! Get the shovel, cattle prod and stick baby, you won't budge me big_smile I do throw away all of my garbage and return any booster seats I come across on the way out. And some times like when I am affected from a Mr. Bean movie, I might just jiggle and dance wildly as I leave the safe haven of the dark theatre cool

Its not so much that the clip was at the end, it was the fact that the credits were friggen 12 MINUTES LONG!

I dont agree with u kickign the shit outta Paul Greengrass, I recently just got into those Bourne and I didnt watch the new one since i didnt get to see the second one yet soo Im gonna wait for it on DVD.

paul greengrass at least consistently makes good movies. maybe they will reward your complaining with a 2 month run of Uwe Boll movies.

Ok, imagine sitting through the credits of (for an arguably random example) that giant frickin' robot movie, and NOT SEEING YOUR NAME after putting in MONTHS on the damn movie... 

Truism:  For every name you see in that twelve minutes, there are approximately SEVEN people who worked on the movie that DON'T get their names in the credits.  Imagine how long ushers would have to wait if everyone who worked on the pic got their names in?