Topic: Doomsday

I was just watching something on History Channel concerning the Mayan Calender and how they say its gonna end in 2012 on December 21.

So, what do you all think?  Will the Mayans be right and we got Doomsday coming just before Christmas in 2012?

6/6/06 passed without incident...so will 2012 be the same?

Re: Doomsday

No I don't believe in all that shit. The world will still go on with our everyday troubles past then lol.

NO..but thats a great therory to market and scare the poop outta people.

I voted Dunno.   As much as I ahte to say yes or no, I think there is always the possibility that someone is gonna get pissed of and start a nuclear war, so we'll just have to wait and see

jmh314 wrote:

I voted Dunno.   As much as I ahte to say yes or no, I think there is always the possibility that someone is gonna get pissed of and start a nuclear war, so we'll just have to wait and see

That's when I go to the nearest strip club and get my moneys worth if you know what I mean, lol.

ummm yea no i remeber 6/6/06 that was the best day of my life dude. I got hooked on coffe so if that a bad thing then ok but decemer 21 is not going to be doomsday. This is all in someones head. IF it does end then Do wat RIP is gonado Drink as much as u can and have sex with as many ppl as possible.

I hope the world doesn't end on 12/21/2012 -- I was kind of figuring we'd have flying cars by then and I really want to see Santa would be bringing me one for Christmas. 

Jeez...all these years being nice instead of naughty and what happens?  The cotton-pickin' planet blows up.  Fiddle-sticks!

LoudLon wrote:

I hope the world doesn't end on 12/21/2012 -- I was kind of figuring we'd have flying cars by then and I really want to see Santa would be bringing me one for Christmas. 

Jeez...all these years being nice instead of naughty and what happens?  The cotton-pickin' planet blows up.  Fiddle-sticks!

Plus I gotta screw Dolly Parton before I die.

RIP wrote:

Plus I gotta screw Dolly Parton before I die.

I know one thing for sure... The worlds going to blow up before you ever screw Dolly Parton hmm

theirs no way we are going to get off so easily as the world suddenly ending.but it would be a good line to make a woman laugh at you "hey baby lets go bump pelvises cuz the worlds endin tomorrow" (it helps to imagine some cheeseball in a singles bar sayin it)

nope, i think its a story made up to scare people

wait a minute i thought the world already ended in the year 2000 damnit? smile

I don't know, I'm not Mayan so I have no idea what their basing that off of.

Funny thing is, I had to do a history report back in middle school and chose to write it on the Mayans.  I remember they invented basketball, but I don't recall anything about a belief about the world ending on any specific date.

Then again I got a C- on the report, so take that for what you will.

I voted "no."  Nobody ever gets these dates right.  However, it sure is fun getting ready for days like these.  OK, fun, if you're twisted like that.  Which most of us are. 

I really went all out the Y2K thing, Meh.  I worked for Lucent at the time and wound up a Y2K survival expert at a World Futurist convention.  Wierd.  I still don't know how that happened.  The strangest thing that happened at midnight 2000 was that there was a parade in front of my house being led by a guy thrusting his christmas tree in the air like a beat-keeping baton.

^^^^^that is rich!!!!