Topic: Movies that gave you nightmares.

Just wondering has anyone had nightmares from movies they've watched.
My first remembered nightmare as a little gorechild was about the Mummy(1932).
I slept on the top bunk, and there was a closet at the foot of the bed. The night after I watched this very scary movie (I was 8 or so) it took me along time to fall asleep,
'cause you know that  damn mummy was in there waiting for me to fall asleep.
Sure enough! I wake up and the door is slowly creaking open There's enough light to see his hand snakeing around the door and he's peeking at me and the door opens wider and I'm too scared to scream and the door opens wider and then I wake up in a cold sweat wondering am really awake.
THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN! Had dreams about this guy alot. Always got chased into an underground parking garage with noway out  Waking up just as this giant hand reaches in grabs me and starts squeezeing.

Re: Movies that gave you nightmares.

When I was a kid I had some nightmares of the trailer for the 70's film Beyond the Door. I saw the trailer for it on tv lol but didn't watch the film til years later.

I think I had nightmares of the voodoo doll in the film Trilogy of Terror.

I had a dream about...Jurassic Park. I dreamt a raptor was in my bedroom and I couldn't go nowhere. Mostly I have dreams about Jason and I know they're not real but I can't go to sleep with my back to my door. I think he's going to come and open the door. But I love watching the Friday the 13th movies. Can't stop it's like my crack. That's mostly it.

Once in awhile I will have a bad dream involing evil clowns in them like Pennywise from It.

Spice World........*shivers*..........

The Exorcist gave me many nightmares as did The Amityville Horror (original) however I was only 5 when I saw them.  I always dream about my hair catching on fire. ??? hmm

There has never been one single movie that has ever given me nightmares. Actually, i hardly dream at all and whenever i do dream, none of it makes any sense what so ever.

I am the same way BDD, I never remember any of my dreams.  I wake up and remember that I was dreaming, but cant recall any of it.  I think I can remember one dream from the last 10 years or so.

There are only a couple of dreams i remember, one of them from back when i was little, and the other one years ago, which dealt with an invention of mine. Even at times, while i'm asleep and as soon as i wake up, i remember specifically that i did dream, but don't remember what happened within it. But with my dreams that i do sort of remember, never dealt with a horror movie at all.

When I was a little kid I dreamed that Jason cut my head off.  My older brother had told me if I die in a dream I'll die in real life.  And I've always been able to tell that I'm dreaming when I'm having a nightmare so I'm freaking out thinking I'm going to die for real.  But then I woke up and realized my brother is full of shit.  Only other movie that gave me a nightmare was IT.  Pennywise scared the hell out me when I was a kid.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

and the other one years ago, which dealt with Chris Cocker coming after me with a broomstick.

Ewwwww..........just kidding BDD!:lol:

I have had dreams where I was turning into a werewolf sorta like The Howling and could feel myself getting taller and my hands and fingersnails grew long and hairy and I could feel my teeth turning into fangs and my vision in the dream went from normal to like a yellowish color so I knew I was a werewolf lol.....it was cool.

RIP wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

and the other one years ago, which dealt with Chris Cocker coming after me with a broomstick.

I have had dreams where I was turning into a werewolf sorta like The Howling and could feel myself getting taller and my hands and fingersnails grew long and hairy and I could feel my teeth turning into fangs and my vision in the dream went from normal to like a yellowish color so I knew I was a werewolf lol.....it was cool.

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Very funny Rip for editing my post. Very funny! Atleast i'm not the one who talks about Chris Cocker all the time and obsessed with him.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:
RIP wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Very funny Rip for editing my post. Very funny! Atleast i'm not the one who talks about Chris Cocker all the time and obsessed with him.

lmfao !!! yeah RIP whats up with that ???!  lol

The original Amityville stuck with me pretty good as a wee lad...Session 9 probably caused a few tosses and turns as an adult because I thought about it alot. Creepy movie.

Last edited by PhilnEdee (2007-10-17 19:38:56)

eDogg2012 wrote:
BlackDeathDamien wrote:
RIP wrote:

lmfao !!! yeah RIP whats up with that ???!  lol

Nooooooo, I'm not at all like that......not in a million lifetimes lol.:lol:

Anyway, here's another dream  I sorta recall and it was me being chased by my villian Michael Myers. Yes, sadly Myers was around every corner in a dream I had once and I recall waking up sweating.

Has anyone ever had a dream about zombies?

There was a commercial for Psycho 2, I think, where there was a rocking chair as seen from the back, and when it turned around, the face was a skull.  That FREAKED ME OUT.  I also was given nightmares from "Bambi Meets Godzilla" the SNL cartoon that was so not funny to a wee little girl.

I remember all my dreams.  Could be the pain pills...  but I often dream about being trapped in a haunted house ride.

I always dream about work ..... talk about fukin scarey lol

eDogg2012 wrote:

I always dream about work ..... talk about fukin scarey lol

When I used to wait tables I would always dream I was at work but I would be moving really slow like sometimes happens in dreams, like your walkin' through quicksand.  I used to hate that.  I would work all night and then dream I was working and then have to get up in the morning to go to work.:mad:

when i was a kid, Texas Chainsaw Massacre gave me nightmares. i kept thinking Leatherface was gonna jump out my closet lol

My horror dreams often concern Zombies and a post apocalyptic world.

Since 911, I often dream of crashing planes signifying the beginning of armageddon, and in this new world I am being persued by zombies, most of the time I witness acts of extreme violence with lots of gore... I seem to escape the violence but I witness it happening to others. I am absolutelty shitting the whole time.

Once when I was little, my friends older brother pushed us into a ditch where there was this crazy guy with bug eyes drooling, he grabbed hold of me and my friends hands and wouldn't let us go, then when we finally escaped he chased us home. I remember thinking he was a monster.  I think zombies remind me of him.

damnitall.  I had the WORST nightmares last night, and it's all your fault.  Seriously!  I had to stay indoors at nite b/c of a vampire invasion (very 'I Am Legend') but had to get out to try to get to my car (NOTLD) to try to get out of New Jersey (?).  The vamps looked like the 30 Days of Night ones.  I woke up scared out of my pants, hubby's on night shift, so I'm alone, and of course I fell back asleep into the dream again.  This happened three times, and it sucked. 

I really need to not post here right before bed when the husband is away.  lol

when i was weee the changeling scared me roll

One night, about 4 years ago, I watched 'The Blair Witch' and 'The House on Haunted Hill' (the most recent remake) and couldn't, for the life of me, get to sleep that night. It was very odd because I never have nightmares nor do I ever get scared from movies. That's why this moment stuck in my head.

jaws

DrFrank wrote:

I had a dream about...Jurassic Park. I dreamt a raptor was in my bedroom and I couldn't go nowhere. Mostly I have dreams about Jason and I know they're not real but I can't go to sleep with my back to my door. I think he's going to come and open the door. But I love watching the Friday the 13th movies. Can't stop it's like my crack. That's mostly it.

a raptor in your room this made me laugh out loud! good one Doc. lol, but i remember the first time i saw JP it made me jump a few times!! i love that movie.