Topic: Got a question for everyone

Yeah im back for a bit. havent been able to get on with school and all that good stuff. other wise im doing good. back to the topic. i found out my first duty station which is Ramstein air base in Alabama, Germany and was wondering if anyone on here is from germany or has been to germany. just looking for some info on what the place is like. ive already asked a couple others on my base. thnx and no problem if no one can give me some info. later guys

KD

Re: Got a question for everyone

I never went to Germany when I was in the service (I was assigned to more tropical climates...Hawaii, Korea, Thailand) but I kept in touch with a lot of guys from basic who  went to Germany, and they would always say how awesome it was over there.  The women, the food, the barrack conditions, off-base housing, downtime, weekend sojourns...it really seemed like they had it all there.

What branch of the service are you in?  I was Army, 11Bravo10 (Infantryman).  I may not be able to tell you much about Germany, but any service related questions you may have, I'll be glad to help -- I'm also the VA Rep at the shelter where I work.
smile

I've heard from others that Germany is a great assignment.  My husband has been all over but missed that one.  Wishing you all the best, it's good to hear from you and let us know how everything is going when you have time. smile

Ya i plan on keeping in touch alot more since i should be getting my laptop soon. 3 months without it has been hard. lol and Loudlon im in the air force. Im in material managment right now. not very exciting but easy so whatever i guess.

KillianDarkwater wrote:

Ya i plan on keeping in touch alot more since i should be getting my laptop soon. 3 months without it has been hard. lol and Loudlon im in the air force. Im in material managment right now. not very exciting but easy so whatever i guess.

I almost joined the Air Force out of college.  I was thinkg of getting into SF. 

My cousins husband is a pilot in the air force.  He's been stationed at some small island for a while....dont remember the name of it....

I have never been to germany, but I have a friend who is a flight attendant and she has flown there before.  She was able to get a day or two layover I believe and she had a blast.  I think you'll be allright out there.

Hi there, I lived in Germany for 3 years when I was a kid because my dad worked for the canadian armed forces (but as a civilian, not military). So our whole family lived there from '79 to '82 (yeah it's been a while!) I have really great memories of Germany, the people, the food, the scenery, everything was great. And we got to travel a lot, since the countries in europe are so small and so close, if you have a few days off, you can go to France, Italy, Switzerland, even Sweden or England. We really enjoyed our stay there, those are memories I will cherish all my life.

A good friend of my mom's married a service man who was later stationed in Germany. they have now lived there for like 15 years and they love it. I guess they are living in the countryside, and things are very laid back. They travel to a nearby village to get milk, bread, and essentials. No TV. It reminded me alot of places in my state of West Virginia. I'm sure you get near the larger cities and it's on. Oh yeah, a friend's brother has lived there for about 10 yrs now too. I guess people end up loving it.