Topic: Tokyo 10+01 (Battle Royale fans check this out!)

I stumbled across a pretty short(70 minutes) but fun spoof called Tokyo 10+01.  It is definately meant as nothing more than a fluffy, low-budget parody film but was still a lot of fun.  It is primarily a spoof on the film Battle Roayle.  It even stars Masanobu Ando who you may even remember from playing Kazuo Kiriyama in Battle Royale, as well as Natsuki Kato who was in BR 2.  It is quite hilarious as long as you know the film is one long running joke and doesnt try to hide that fact.

Plot:
A group of 11 criminals are trapped in a warehouse with bracelets. The 11 learn that they are part of a game where the prize is 3 million yen and a clean record. The object is to reach the Baron's house. However, the obstacles they face involve hunters with laser guns who will go after the contestants. It seems as if this game is fun...however, the game proves to be a battle of life and death.

And just like Battle Roayle they have something similar to the collars that explode.  Except in Tokyo 10+01 they have bracelets with hypodermic needles which can inject a deadly poison if they try to remove them or time runs out!  big_smile

Dont expect anything deeply profound or enlightening in this one and you are sure to be entertained.  It's a great spoof/parody film that despite it's low-budget feel and tacky jokes is still a bunch of good trashy nonsense that can be enjoyed for what it is.  The only way to enjoy this film is know that it is just a joke.  If you take it that way, you are bound to enjoy it.

Re: Tokyo 10+01 (Battle Royale fans check this out!)

Just realized that Natsuki Kato who was in this and BR2 is just a coincidence because this actually came out before BR 2 did.....

I saw this and loved it.  Definitely is meant to be cheesy/lame but thats half the fun!

Last edited by TheOneAndOnly (2007-10-25 13:51:31)

Are there SleepAway Camp death's?

lol

Finally was able to stumble upon a cheap copy of this and buy it.  Found it on a discount DVD store for 6.99!  Woo-hooo!  Lets hope it ships and I get it soon!

Last edited by jmh314 (2008-01-04 13:01:28)

does it have awesome deaths?

I'm definitely going to be on the look out for this movie. I'm actually really interested in it and pretty much expecting some cool ass death scenes at that.

I like this movie but I think the way that the teachers did was very cruel sad but it was fun anyway tongue