Topic: What a shocker what happened to me recently.........

About a year and a half ago, i was working for a freelance company which i was taking care of the background environments. Basically, i draw out the interior and exterior of buildings and other things around the buildings and i take it into a specific program on the computer and i make everything into 3D. So i did the first scene, which was a children's camp and finished it completely with texture. I sent in the screenshots through email to the guy who hired me and after all that work, i never got any feedback from anyone and i even called him and left him a voice message and he never called me back and i even signed a contract for the company too.

So this past Friday, was a total and utter shocker for me. Out of nowhere, during the day, I get a phone call from the guy who hired me and apologized and explained to me about everything what happened with the company and why it took him so long to finally call me back. Basically the company moved and once moved the movers screwed up and mislocated his computers and all his things for the company. Once found, he needed to relocate everything that was on the computer dealing with the company and also the contact informations for all the employees. So he explained to me that everything is now moving along very smoothly and much better than before, which is very good news. Right now, he has all the main characters and some of the other characters as puppet forms, which he got one person who worked on stuff for The Jim Henson Company and another guy who did stuff for Disney. The marketing stuff that we went over before is looking like it's going to actually go through this time. Everything that the guy who hired me explained to me about how the company is looking right now is looking really promising. Another thing that was great is that he had a meeting this past Thursday and to my surprise, i was brought up. So right now everything is going my way and how i thought it was going, i thought i literally got screwed and i could of even got my brother to sue him. But now i know that i didn't get screwed and know that everything is going to work out really well for me and the company. I am so god damn happy now.

Re: What a shocker what happened to me recently.........

Congratulations baby!! im so happy for you!

Thanks EDB!!!!! I'm more than excited that i got it back and finally realized that i didn't get screwed.

congrads! very happy for you big_smile

don't you just love surprises!   i am happy for you BDD!  *golf clapping*

Congrats Buddy!:cool:

YAY!!!!!  I'm super super happy for you!!!!!

Congratulations to  you BlackDeathDamien   smile

Thanks guys. It always is nice to get surprises even if it's out of the blue. Definitely a great feeling knowing that after all that work i did, i did it for nothing. But now i know that wasn't true. Yeah for my luck. big_smile

Sounds like you put a lot of hard work in, I am so happy for you, I hope this is great experiance and fun for you!! Congrats!

thedeadshallrule wrote:

Sounds like you put a lot of hard work in, I am so happy for you, I hope this is great experiance and fun for you!! Congrats!

Thanks Dead! Yeah i did do tons of work for it and was pleased what i created and all the time and effort and hard work i put into it was amazing. And i am really looking forward to coming up with more work and put my full potential to everything i can create and with this company i know i can put forth my best work. The best part is, i will have a ball working for them b/c it is what my true passion is and what i went to school for to get my degree in animation. You can't get any better than that.

find a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life:D
you're gonna have fun while i try to not boil the bitchy soccer moms in hot oil tongue