Topic: Heading to Florida tomorrow

Well it's that time of the year for the annual University of Georgia Bulldogs vs the University of Florida Gators college football game in Jacksonville, Florida and it's known as the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party which around 200,000 fans tailgatting, partying, fighting, etc......:lol:

Georgia lost last year to the Gators 21-14 but this year #20 ranked UGA is 5-2 and # 9 ranked Florida is also 5-2 and we are both tied for 1st place in the SEC east so it should be a good game which will be televised at 3:30pm Saturday.

I go to it every year cause my folks have season tickets to all the UGA home games since like 1970. Even though this game is always played in Jackonsville it's in between the colleges so to speak.

Everyone from Georgia stays and parties at St. Simons and Jekyll Islands all weekend. Me and about 11 others are staying at a townhouse on Jekyll this weekend that we rented out. We are leaving at 8:00am in the morning and should be there by 1:00pm tomorrow and then we are start partying and drinking. We have a dinner party to go to where other UGA people will be partying our asses off. Then we wake up all hungover Saturday morning and load up on buses that takes everyone from the islands down to Jacksonville which is like an hour away and most people start drinking early that morning. By the time we get to the staduim the buses dump people off at the UGA club where the UGA redcoat band is playing with the cheerleaders there and UGA the mascot and there's beer booths everywhere and BBQ and all kinds of food. It's an all day party.

Then after the game everyone boards the buses and heads back to the islands to party wether we win or lose and there's a big seafood party that night.

I have no idea why they call it the cocktail party cause everyone is drinking beer and liquor.:lol:

Then Sunday morning me and my friends leave hungover and always stop at Steak n Shake for the annual chili and steakburgers even if you feel like barfing. Then on the way home we get bombed again and stop at a sports bar in Macon, Georgia and then get home Sunday afternoon.

BTW, don't worry we never get pulled over and if we do 3 of my buddies are cops so they usually just pull out their badges and the state troopers let you go on....plus we are taking 3 vehicles and each driver is sober.

Oh well I will still be posting off and on tonight while I pack up and say something before I leave in the morning so if I don't post by Sunday evening then you know something bad happend to me......or I passed out one.

Go Dawgs.........sic'em....whoof, whoof, whoof!!!!

Rip

Re: Heading to Florida tomorrow

Have fun Ripper!  Be safe and stay out of trouble.

i think u should just stay home and reflect on the bad effects of drinking ! lol 

jst kiddin !!! drink 30 for me !!! go dawgz !!!

call for bail... goons good for it

Thanks ya'll. I haven't even left yet and ya'll are already breaking my balls lol.:lol:

I have never gotten into any trouble down there before......knock on wood.:P

Sounds like a wild fun time

DemonToSome wrote:

Sounds like a wild fun time

I'm taking a camera so I will have lots of pics that I will put on here at hm.

have fun Rippy. do some some shots for me big_smile

Kill The Firstborn wrote:

have fun Rippy. do some some shots for me big_smile

I'll do some jager shots tomorrow night for ya.;)

Two words:  Go Gators!

jmh314 wrote:

Two words:  Go Gators!

Oh you would say that. And see I am not even betting a dvd with you on this game and finally I win......damn, what luck.:lol:

I still should have bet you the Tennessee game when I said your Dawgs would get upset....

But say the word and we have a bet my friend.

Go GATORS!!!!!!!

jmh314 wrote:

I still should have bet you the Tennessee game when I said your Dawgs would get upset....

But say the word and we have a bet my friend.

Go GATORS!!!!!!!

I don't bet on my Dawgs cause that will bring back luck lol. Oh well I'm about to leave here in 15 minutes so I thought I would shout out my last goodbye til Sunday evening.

Go Dawgs!!!!!

BTW justin, gator fans wear jean shorts, lol.:lol:

have fun and be safe...my moms down there right now but shes in Ocala...

Well I just got back home and my Bulldogs beat Florida 42-30 and it was awesome. I am on beer 6 now so i will be on here for a while if any of you wanna aim chat.