Topic: Saw IV number one with 32.1 mil !

That's just one million less than "Saw 3" made. So, I guess although Jigsaw is dead, the franchise is far from over. It seems horror fans still love this series.

Last edited by alex1176 (2007-10-28 18:46:27)

Re: Saw IV number one with 32.1 mil !

alex1176 wrote:

That's just one million less than "Saw 3" made. So, I guess although Jigsaw is dead, the franchise is far from over. It seems horror fans still love this series.

Funny thing is I dont know if they so much love the series as they do love the "idea" of the series.  I think a lot of people just come back to see what traps are in the new films and thats it.  From all the negative and mixed reviews I am seeing, I think the fans seem to be getting fed up....but why do they keep going back?  It's the "idea" of the traps and Jigsaw, and thats what will carry this franchise for the next two films....

good point JMH. We will have the answer next weekend when it will either hold on or drop off

Does Anyone Know If They Will Continue With Saw 5, Or Even 6?  I Hope They Don't End With #4.

I heard somewhere that #5 and 6 were already in pre-production...Lemme see if I can find that link...

jmh314 wrote:
alex1176 wrote:

Funny thing is I dont know if they so much love the series as they do love the "idea" of the series.  I think a lot of people just come back to see what traps are in the new films and thats it.  From all the negative and mixed reviews I am seeing, I think the fans seem to be getting fed up....but why do they keep going back?  It's the "idea" of the traps and Jigsaw, and thats what will carry this franchise for the next two films....

Well, I can honestly say I love the series and would never go watch the Saw films "just cause I like the idea of them".  If I thought they sucked, I wouldn't waste my money. This film is getting negative reviews because it is a setup for Saw 5 and leaves allot of questions unanswered. I don't have a problem with that, personally.

daisylacy wrote:

Does Anyone Know If They Will Continue With Saw 5, Or Even 6?  I Hope They Don't End With #4.

Don't worry, #5 is on the way.

Last edited by Thomas Hewitt (2007-11-04 10:48:00)