Topic: 30 Pount, 90-Disc DVD Box Set being released!

This is straight from www.movies.com cause I dont feel up to retyping it in my own words.  A 90-disc box set retailing at just under $900 and weighing in over 30lbs is being released in time for christmas:

Tom Cruise is certainly hoping that his next film, Robert Redford's Lions for Lambs, will help return his newly revived United Artists studio to its former stature. And if that doesn't do it, this certainly will: an upcoming 90-disc (yes, 90) box set containing the studio's greatest hits. Enclosed in frosted glass and weighing in at 30 pounds, it will include gems like Rain Man, Midnight Cowboy, Some Like It Hot and Raging Bull, will retail for $869.98 and will be available Dec. 11, in time for holiday gift giving — which is assuming anyone will actually want to give it. According to the New York Times, it's one of the most expensive DVD releases ever. Unfortunately, the paper doesn't say, and we couldn't find, which sets might cost more

All I can say is Who is going to pay that much for this?

Re: 30 Pount, 90-Disc DVD Box Set being released!

Not me.  Now if it was a 30 pound box set of good horror movies, that's another story.

30 pounds of horror would be awesome. Imagine all the public domain titles in it though!

This 90 disc set sounds insane. I'm guessing the dead-serious dvd collectors will be wanting this.

I cant believe the 90 DVDs come encased in a frosted glass packaging

Thats rediculous..... thats all I gotta say

Yeah this does sound like a dream come true but for that price. There's no way in hell i would ever pay that much for movies.

well if you think, 90 movies at probably an average of $10 a movie is $900.....so it isnt too far fetched.

It would be interesting to the the sales figures.  Who the hell would buy this? 

Yeah, man, I'm like a HUGE UA fan.  I quit the bar for 3 months to save up.

no...

-Pookie, dahling, Merry Christmas.
-Oh, Snookums, isn't that quaint.  What is it?
-Don't be daft, Pookie.  Everyone who's anyone got it.  The UA box set.