Topic: What movies scared you as a kid?

I'm an 80's child myself and the movies that terrified me back then were these.

"Magic" (1978): When i was 4 back in 1986 watching this movie on video or cable, it scared me crapless especially that dummy whom made me afraid of dummies especially of my brother's dummy but now i've over come my fear of them at age 11.

"Making Contact (a.k.a. Joey)": Another evil dummy movie that terrfied me at the age of 5 watching it on HBO back in 1987.

"Return to Oz": At the age of 5, i rented this movie and the wheeled guys especially the witch's severed talking heads scared me.

"Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night": I saw this movie at the age of 5 and it was a terrifying animated movie when i saw this at a mall theater,  the scene with Puppetino the evil puppeteer turning Pinocchio into a puppet scared me crapless.

Re: What movies scared you as a kid?

Creepshow

Trilogy of Terror

Friday the 13th pt3 and The Devil's Gift

the hitcher

GreenGoblin wrote:

"Magic" (1978): When i was 4 back in 1986 watching this movie on video or cable, it scared me crapless especially that dummy whom made me afraid of dummies especially of my brother's dummy but now i've over come my fear of them at age 11.

i remember the comercial for magic. i was 6 and it scared the pants off me.
"magic magic put her to bed....magic magic now shes dead"

Friday the 13th and Hellraiser.  Pinhead scared the shit out of me.  I remember lying in bed one night on a Friday the 13th when I was really young. I was certain Jason was gonna come climbing up the stairs with a machete to kill me.  I wish I could get half as scared by a movie now as I did when I was 6 or 7.

Last edited by mdc666 (2007-11-15 13:14:40)

There was not one single movie that scared the crap out of me nor gave me nightmares either.

When i first saw chucky on tv when i was about 10, it scared me pretty bad.

Sleepaway Camp- When I was a kid, it truely traumatized me.
IT- Not a great shelf life but when I was 10, I was scared shitless.
Halloween- Scared me, gave me nightmares and made me turn on my lights when I slept. ( All because he was missing at the end...genius! )

Poltergeist II - I was fine until Coach threw up the Tequila worm into that... thing.  I couldn't sleep for like 3 weeks.

hybrid moments wrote:
GreenGoblin wrote:

i remember the comercial for magic. i was 6 and it scared the pants off me.
"magic magic put her to bed....magic magic now shes dead"

Close...

And you can even revisit that commercial here.  Still gives me the wiggins!

Now I am dating myself with this selection, but when I was a kid back in the mid seventies, there was a show on called Creature Features.  It was broadcast late Saturday nights, after prime time, and it would show scary movies.  Now I don't remember how we knew it was comming on, but my older brother and I begged our parents to stay up late one Saturday night so that we could watch "Night of The Living Dead."  They consented, and watched the movie with us on our old black and white console TV.
It scared the Be-jesus out of us!  I will never forget that night, my brother and I were so scared that we watched the majority of the movie with our hands in front of our faces peeking out the spaces between our fingers!  But we didn't leave either.
After that I was hooked, and have been a fan of horror ever since.

Cats Eye- didn't want to go to sleep
Monkey Shine - didn't want to take a shower

But if it wasn't for those two I probably wouldn't like horror films like I do today.

DrChannard wrote:

Poltergeist II - I was fine until Coach threw up the Tequila worm into that... thing.  I couldn't sleep for like 3 weeks.

the poltergeist movies freaked me out too, espesially the one with the boy w/ braces and they wraped all around him lol what one was that?

When I was a kid, I owned (and still have it) the episode of Goosebumps entitled, Welcome to Dead House.  It didn't scare the crap out of me when I watched it, but at night I would have trouble going to sleep cause I could get the undead town members out of my head.  That effect didn't last for long though.  Anyways, that's it.

I'd have to go wit IT........I was pretty little when I saw it and I remember that Tim Curry as the clown really freaked me...........I did'nt want to take a shower for weeks.....and I kept expecting blood to come rushing out of the sink.......only movie that ever did that to me........I really have no idea why...

when i was a kid, befoe i really go into horror movies, Ghostbusters 2 scared me. then i watched the exorcist, and it scared the piss outta me. and i havent really been scared sience. iv been creeped out, and disturbed by movies, but not nightmares for days sacared.

Legend - C'mon I was five!