Topic: Favorite Die Hard movie?

Just curious of what people think of the Die Hard Series?  I have yet to see Live Free or Die Hard, but I enjoy the first three a lot.  Each one is good in it's own way, but my own personal favorite is Die Hard With a Vengeance.  I think Samuel L Jacksons character was hilarious and really added a lot to the movie.

This whole poll popped into my head because I collect Steelbook cased Special Editions of DVD's.  All four Die Hard Movies are Best Buy exclusive Steelbooks coming on Nov 20th and I dont have the cash for all four so I am just getting 1.....so I think I am gonna have to get With a Vengeance since its my personal fave.....made me wonder which film in the series other people out there enjoy.

Re: Favorite Die Hard movie?

Yeah i love all of them. Each one exciting and fun as hell to watch. But out of all of them, i would have to go with Die Hard: With A Vengeance. How many countless times i've seen that. I am definitely going to be getting the entire Die Hard Collection when it's released. Hey JMH, i have seen Live Free or Die Harder and i gotta say it has tons of great action sequences. Kevin Smith is pretty hilarious of course, he plays as a complete computer nerd in this movie along with Justin Long's character. Now the comparison between the first 3 and Live Free, is executed really well and still has that Die Hard feel. So since you are a Die Hard fan just like me, you will not be disappointed when you see Live Free or Die Harder.

hmmmm....you're making it tough on me BDD.....you're making me want to get all 4 Steelbooks now.....I dont think that is in my budget at the moment either.....damn you!  lol

jmh314 wrote:

hmmmm....you're making it tough on me BDD.....you're making me want to get all 4 Steelbooks now.....I dont think that is in my budget at the moment either.....damn you!  lol

Hey just wait until Christmas. Or just buy one at a time. But yeah i know i'm making it tough for you. It's Die Hard and Die Hard is the shit. Hey i figured you wanted to know how Live Free or Die Hard is and i told you. But i'm happy that i made it extremely tough for you. Yeah me!:lol:

The problem with the Steelbooks is since they are Best Buy exclusives they can be hard to find if you wait....I ordered Planet Terror steelbook, then went to 2 different bestbuys about 2 weeks later and neither one had the steelbook for it.....I think some of it depends on how popular the film is though too....but many mainstream Steelbook releases get discontinued really fast too, so thats why I try and collect them, especially the ones exclusive to certain stores. 

But the thing that sucks with the Die Hard steelbooks is they are all 19.99....except Live Free or Die Hard...which is 24.99!  What kind of crap is that?   Oh well all 4 with tax and standard shipping has got to be under $100 so we'll see if I can crunch some numbers....after all, November is a 3 pay check month!  smile

jmh314 wrote:

The problem with the Steelbooks is since they are Best Buy exclusives they can be hard to find if you wait....I ordered Planet Terror steelbook, then went to 2 different bestbuys about 2 weeks later and neither one had the steelbook for it.....I think some of it depends on how popular the film is though too....but many mainstream Steelbook releases get discontinued really fast too, so thats why I try and collect them, especially the ones exclusive to certain stores. 

But the thing that sucks with the Die Hard steelbooks is they are all 19.99....except Live Free or Die Hard...which is 24.99!  What kind of crap is that?   Oh well all 4 with tax and standard shipping has got to be under $100 so we'll see if I can crunch some numbers....after all, November is a 3 pay check month!  smile

Well i've actually seen the Steelbook for Die Hard and that was months ago. But hey you know that they will be putting all 4 as one whole boxset.

Yeah the first Die Hard is already out in Steelbook.  But Best Buy is getting exclusives for all 4 on the day Live Free or Die Hard comes out.  They will have the new coverart from the boxed set and everything.....  I'd get the boxed set, but the whole point is my collection of Steelbooks, and the box set does me no good for this....   lol

i have seen 1 2 and 4, i have yet to see 3 but i really like 4 one
i will vote after i see die hard 3 later today

I think you'll enjoy 3 BASSI.  Samuel L Jackson is badass in that one, and can be pretty funny too.

jmh314 wrote:

Yeah the first Die Hard is already out in Steelbook.  But Best Buy is getting exclusives for all 4 on the day Live Free or Die Hard comes out.  They will have the new coverart from the boxed set and everything.....  I'd get the boxed set, but the whole point is my collection of Steelbooks, and the box set does me no good for this....   lol

Hmmmm that's interesting. I didn't know that they were going to be reissuing them. Hopefully by the time i get all of them, they'll still be there. See i won't be picking them up not until December. About the beginning of the month or so.

Yeah who knows.  I dont know how "exclusive" they truly are.  I mean they are only at Best Buy but I dunno how limited they are....when Future Shop does Steelbooks exlcusives, they are limited print....thats why the steelbook for 300 is selling between $80-100 bucks online, it was very limited....

I know that some of the mainstream wide Steelbook releases like Fight Club, Platoon, The Omen etc etc are currently listed as Out of Print via Fox....and Death Proof Steelbook is listed as OOP too and it was a Best Buy exclusive....so who knows.  In december they may be around or they may not be....

I caved and preordered all 4 DVD's......damn.....lol  Stupid DVD collecting.....Thank god I dont live in the UK or Europe because those countries get TONS of awesome Steelbook releases....I'd be broke forever!

Actually with The Omen Steelbook, you can just walk into any Best Buy and you can just pick it right up. But yeah i know what you mean. With Best Buy exclusives, when they are first released and then once they sell out of them, they really don't have them instock again. So if you don't get them, then you're shit out of luck. Hahaha!!!! I made you cave and buy all 4. I'll said it again. Yeah me!!!!!!!:lol:

havent seen the 4th one yet i was kinda POed that it was pg-13 but i will see it anyways when it comes out but  the first Die Hard is probably my fav although i do really like With a Vengence! Willis & Jackson! you can't go wrong

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Actually with The Omen Steelbook, you can just walk into any Best Buy and you can just pick it right up.

Yeah you canstill find Omen a lot of places, but it's listed as out of print so when those copies vanish it may not be easy to find again.

And Chainsaw, I was also kind of pissed that the new film was PG-13....I cant picture a toned down version of John McClain being any fun

I gotta go with the first(original) Die Hard cause it was the best and Bruce Willis was a bad ass trapped in the highrise.

live free or die hard just saw it last week on DVD and it kicks MAJOR ass.

DIE HARD was one of the best action films ever made. Part 2 was okay, and part 3 was a step in the wrong direction. However, Live free or die hard was excellent. The first sequel to truly deserve the Die Hard name.

Meh wrote:

live free or die hard just saw it last week on DVD and it kicks MAJOR ass.

yeah all i can say is WOW the uncut dvd is where its at all the F bombes are in there!!! this movie can not be toped i don't think as far as over the top action!! it was so good

ok - I got say this - the first was the best - Bruce Willis was awesome and man was he ever hot in that movie - I was drooling over him the whole movie - the other 2 that I have seen were good but one was the best - haven't seen 4 yet.

I got the 4th one but it wasnt the unrated speical edition one soo i was like I can wait till i take that back and get the one I want i just got the first 3 for 699 each on Wednesday and I voted for the 1 for cuz it is the best and pretty funny

they all are awesome movies but live free or die hard was the best for me

Is Live Free or Die Hard that good?  All I keep hearing is great stuff about it.

I cancelled my order of all 4 films in steelbook and only went with 1 & 3 cause they are my favorite, but maybe I should get the other 2 still.....

Man jmh you seriously need to buy this movie for damn sure. I picked up the Steelbook Best Buy exclusive that comes with a free movie ticket to see Hitman. And i just watched this movie earlier today and i gotta say it just keeps on getting better and better with each view. This is my second time seeing this movie and it is definitely worth the purchase. A must own.

I rented and popped it in when I got home from work....honestly it was good but i didnt think it was great.  The action was almost too cartoony sometimes and bordered into absurd.  Yes I know its an action movie and not meant to be 100% real but i dont like when its overdone......and stretching some of the same old jokes and such out.....just dont think it was all that great.  I'd put it third best in the series, right above Die Hard 2 which I think is the weakest of all the films.

I hated Die Hard part 2 with him and the terrorists at the airport.

Part 3 was pretty cool with Samuel L Jackson in it but I haven't seen part 4 yet.