Topic: Sharing a scary childhood horror tale

Growing up in Texas as a child we  were always moving, following dad on construction
jobs(went to a different school for every year, 1-6).
In one particular house where we lived in Fort Worth, it had a serious bug problem.
At night when all the lights out were these creepy crawlies would come out of the wood work. Mom said they were water bugs.
In order to get to the bathroom you had to go thru the kitchen. Now for the fun part.
I coudnl't go alone. Think I'm around 6 or 7. Have to wake mom up to walk me to the
can so I can go P.
We would stand in the kitchen door with me holding her hand in a death grip.
I would close my eyes and wait for her to turn the light on.
And I could never keep my eyes closed, I just had to look.
Flip went the light and the sound of my mom stomping the floor with her foot.
My eyes fly open and to my little imagination it looks like the floor is moving and there is  the rustling sound of  " thousands" of bug feet scritching across the floor as they
try to escape the light.  We watched them as they made for all available exits, the fridge, stove, under the sink cabinets. It took all I had not to scream and wake the rest of the house My mom was always so calm about it and never gave me grief for waking her up.
Sure wish she was still around so I could hold her hand thru some of my adult horor tales.

Re: Sharing a scary childhood horror tale

Texas has its share of the bugs too!!! I don't miss those fireants one little bit.
What a good mama you had wink

I lived in Austraila, cockroaches are HUGE and I learned they can fly. Redback spiders very poisonous, the Seabees(USN) on slow watches used to pit huge centipedes against scorpions...most of the time the centipedes won. I would jump on top of the desk when one strolled through the radio room!!! They attach themselves to you and pump in the poison, I didn't want to find out if its true....then there are the huge wolfie spiders..and the snakes....but really I loved the outback. and the beer tongue

iiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

When I was a teen, my room was in the attic and I could hear boxes moving around in the next room during the night.  That house was DEFINITELY haunted and a lot happened, but the worst was one night the radio turned itself on and there wasn't music but people talking, and I felt like someone was sitting on my chest.  Another night, I heard the wall breathing.

OK, now that you all think I'm nuts...

Constantce wrote:

iiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

When I was a teen, my room was in the attic and I could hear boxes moving around in the next room during the night.  That house was DEFINITELY haunted and a lot happened, but the worst was one night the radio turned itself on and there wasn't music but people talking, and I felt like someone was sitting on my chest.  Another night, I heard the wall breathing.

OK, now that you all think I'm nuts...

Constance! I do not think you are nuts! I absolutely believe you. I have never had
a close encounter of the ghostly kind, but know other people who have.
I've always wondered how I would react if I did. I'm hoping I wouldn't be a sally and run screaming.

When i was 5 i was hit by a car and spent 8 weeks in Children's hospital. the first 6 weeks i was in traction. i was in room 808 and there were 3 beds in this room. the first bed when you walk in the room was empty. the 2nd bed (in the middle) had a boy named Brian in it. the 3rd bed on the end (near the window) was mine. i forget what was wrong with Brian. we would talk alot about whatever and after i got out of traction we would race our wheelchairs up and down the aisle until the nurses would come and make us stop. i remember it was during the 1977 world series because it was on our tv. i had my physical therapy class and when i was brought back to my room the curtains were closed around Brian's bed which the nurses did if one of us were sleeping so the light from the tv or from outside the window wouldn't wake us up. after the nurses left, Brian came over and sat at the end of my bed which he sometimes did because we both would get sick of being in bed all the time. we watched the whole baseball game and after it was over he went back to bed. it was about 1030pm-1100pm when the nurse came in to turn off the tv. i told her to whisper because brian was asleep because he was supposed to stay in bed. the nurse told me that brian had slipped into a coma and died while i was in my therapy around 700pm. i told the nurse that we had just watched the baseball game together and he just went back to bed. i asked the nurse to pull back his curtain and the bed was empty. i can still remember that night very clearly almost 30 years later.

Last edited by Ash's missing hand (2007-11-17 17:36:59)

The most scariest thing I ever had happen to be was when me, my sister and a cousin of ours was younger..we were walking through an alley way by her house and this car started to come up behind us so we moved to the side for it to move by us and it did so as were walking into the next this same frigin car was behind us! so with that we took off like a bat out of hell towards her house it still was following us! we finally got to the house and it turned in another direction we were so freaked out...I its not the scariest but it really creeped us out...