Topic: Favorite Bill Murray Role???

So I am a huge Bill Murray fan, and while talking about him the other day someone asked memy favorite role of his....I kind of hit a blank because tehre are several that I love.....just curious as to which roles other people love him in.

Re: Favorite Bill Murray Role???

went null cant decide. comedic its kingpin or caddyshack.
dramatic rushmore, life aquatic, or lost in translation.

Damn this is going to take me a while to think exactly which one is my favorite with 4 or 5 of them being my favorites. I'll get back to you later with my answer.

I officially put my vote in for Phil Connors from Groundhog Day.  Murrays performance made that film.  I cant see anyone else playing that part.  Closely followed by Bob Harris in Lost in Translation

DR. Peter Venkman although it was extremely hard to choose. There are so many good quotes as that character. Carl Spackler is too easy and obvious a choice.

Groundhog Day

i went with groundhog day with kingpin and stripes close behind.

I gotta give some mention to his role in Scrooged though.  Very underrated Christmas movie and Murray is fantastic as the guy you love to hate.  The scene with the mouse needing antlers is the best when glue didnt keep them on he asked if they tried staples.  lol

murray has become so good over the years and that fact makes this one of the hardest polls for me. good work jmh. "what about bob" and "meatballs" are missing.

i HATED groundhogs day. it annoied me. i chose Caddyshack, i love that movie, Bill Murry's preformance was great

hybrid moments wrote:

murray has become so good over the years and that fact makes this one of the hardest polls for me. good work jmh. "what about bob" and "meatballs" are missing.

Ha yeah he has a lot of good roles.  I had meatballs up but replaced it with Little Shop of Horrors which i think he is good in.   So many good roles it was hard to get them all to fit up there.

Most underrated up there is The Man Who Knew too Little.  He plays such a good clueless dope that it's good cheesy fun.  I love the car chase scene, the scene where he gets mugged and the part when he is being shot at on the building ledge.

man i could'nt even decide.....there was some movies that i did'nt like but as far as the movies i did like i could'nt decide which one to go with..........just some really good characters....way too hard to narrow it down wit me

I don't believe you haven't got Where The Buffalo Roam on your list.... Thats my pick. 
Bill Murray does a half decent take on Hunter S. Thompson. He isn't quite as good as Johnny Depp in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas but still it was 18 years earlier and there's some weird moments in it.

Scrooged!!!! We watch it every year smile

a couple more murray greats
Quick Change
Mad Dog and Glory (i think alot of people overlook this gem of a flick)

It's gotta be Stripes for me my friends.

No one mentioned that I forgot his role as Bob Harris in Lost in Translation

jmh314 wrote:

No one mentioned that I forgot his role as Bob Harris in Lost in Translation

my first post on this i did.

Oh yeah....I just didnt realize it wasnt on the list.  I could have swore it was on the poll options....

jmh314 wrote:

Oh yeah....I just didnt realize it wasnt on the list.  I could have swore it was on the poll options....

all around "lost" is a great flick. of all the comedans that have made the transistion into drama Bill is the only one who has consistantly impressed me.

Sorry null vote. Can't just choose one.
1. Stripes
2. Ghostbusters
3. Scrooged
4. Caddyshack
5. Groundhog Day

Sorry i had to null it too. To damn difficult for me to choose just one:

1. Caddyshack
2. Ghostbusters
3. Stripes
4. Scrooged
5. Kingpin

I loved all those movies and thought he was so damn hilarious in them. And am i the only one here who hated Groundhogs Day but i did also love the movie What About Bob?

MissKatonic666 wrote:

It's gotta be Stripes for me my friends.

Sgt. "Maybe one day...one of these men will save you're life"

Murray "and then again...just maybe they won't"

I loved him in Scrooged...for the love of god! could you hold the godamn hammering!

See here's the situation... Bill Murray is gold in EVERYTHING he's in, even that horrible elephant movie.  Only one other actor I can think of (off hand) can say that. 

Did anyone see The Razor's Edge?  I think I saw him in that before I had seen much of anything else of his and he was incredible.  Up until recently it was his ONLY non comedic turn.

And I'm surprised no one went for Peter Venkman.  It was between that and the one I ended up picking, Frank Cross in SCROOGED (which to this day boasts the funniest five minutes in American film, imho.).