Topic: High Tension

i first saw this on Showtime, and i must say i was thrilled when i found this in the $5.00 bin in Wal-Mart...it's definetly a great movie, with great twists...the DVD is dubbed in English but sometimes the mouths don't match the words ~shrugs~ still great...my favorite scene has to be the dirty man giving himself head...literaly;)...though not the way you think...if you havent seen it, hunt it down, and if u have, wat do u think?

Re: High Tension

I actually bought this movie the first time it was released and without even seeing it first and i gotta say it is such a great movie. It isn't considered one of my favorite horrors movie, but i really did enjoy watching this movie.

DarkSunrise wrote:

i first saw this on Showtime, and i must say i was thrilled when i found this in the $5.00 bin in Wal-Mart...it's definetly a great movie, with great twists...the DVD is dubbed in English but sometimes the mouths don't match the words ~shrugs~ still great...my favorite scene has to be the dirty man giving himself head...literaly;)...though not the way you think...if you havent seen it, hunt it down, and if u have, wat do u think?

you overpaid for it. i would take it if Wal-Mart gave me $5.00 to go with it.

Oh man, I love this film and thought it was excellent. It had great gore, kills, decdent characters, etc....in it. I highly recommend it.

in my top 10. great flick.

i actually have never seen this one, i really want to though

^its a bit quarky at times but it is tense w/ some cool kills. seems to be a love it/hate it flick.

love this movie..........got it from movie gallary for 15 buckes when it was brand new.....one of my favorite movies wit out a doubt

yeah i was lucky and got to see this in the theaters and bought the dvd when it came out i was kinda dissapoited w/ the end but the gore and the kills as RIP said are just awsome

that's all on you Ash, but i personaly did like it

If the ending were different it would be much better, other than that it was a pretty decent flick.

DarkSunrise wrote:

that's all on you Ash, but i personaly did like it

i know, it's just my opinion. glad you liked it, though big_smile

Dj CiD wrote:

If the ending were different it would be much better, other than that it was a pretty decent flick.

I kinda liked the ending to it after several viewings of it. At first I didn't care for the ending but now I think it's alright.;)

Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.  So much so that I bought it for like $12 at Future Shop cause it wa the only copy in town.

Great gore, good script, excellent cinematography, and a decent ending albeit done before.

The only thing that bothers me on subsequent viewings is that the ending doesn't explain the truck.

Definately one of my faves of all time though.

Aja's next film is highly anticipated.

BornboreD wrote:

I thought he did a great job on the Hills Have Eyes remake and like it way better than the original.:cool:

I just loved it.  Great little slasher flick, full-on gore, brutal violence, compelling storyline (though it did whiff of Dean Koontz's "Intensity" in many aspects).  I for one did not see the twist coming and I love it when a movie can surprise me.  I first saw the Korean version, which was edited, then picked up the unrated US DVD release which is even better despite some truly heinous dubbing.

LoudLon wrote:

I just loved it.  Great little slasher flick, full-on gore, brutal violence, compelling storyline (though it did whiff of Dean Koontz's "Intensity" in many aspects).  I for one did not see the twist coming and I love it when a movie can surprise me.  I first saw the Korean version, which was edited, then picked up the unrated US DVD release which is even better despite some truly heinous dubbing.

I have neer read "Intensity", but two different friends that watched the movie with me on two seperate occasions both mentioned that alot seem to be borrowed from that book.

The dubbing was pretty bad but at the same time, the half and half treatment works better than the full out subtitles.  Makes more sense anyhow.  And I was rather fond of how just little sayings in times of stress were subtitled.  kind of how real french Canadians speak, or anybody hose learned English as a second language actually.

RIP wrote:
BornboreD wrote:

I thought he did a great job on the Hills Have Eyes remake and like it way better than the original.:cool:

hell yeah i love the Hills Have Eyes remake!!! fukn brutal sh*t!!

I would've liked the film more had it been formatted with the French dialogue w/ English subtitles.....in all honesty, I couldn't get into the movie for that matter.

DeathbyHighKick wrote:

I would've liked the film more had it been formatted with the French dialogue w/ English subtitles.....in all honesty, I couldn't get into the movie for that matter.

You do have that option with the DVD.  The subtitles don't make as much sense or flow as well I find.  I guess the translation didn't seem as "conversational", I dunno.....

Well most of the film is dubbed english with the version but parts are still in french at times though.

i enjoyed the movie and i wasnt expecting the ending it thats the department im usually good at (so it got extra points)

i agree full hearted with the ending, great twist...and as far as the dubbed English goes, i think the parts that are still in French (like the song in the car) is perfect

the ending ruined it for me. But beside that the movie was great.

Excellent movie! A true lesson in suspense (At least the first hour)